“Average”

Ranked #204 of 9,567 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: The finest taste of Thailand can be experienced at Benjarong. Enjoy traditional Thai music and dancing complemented by aromatic and authentic Royal Thai Cuisine. Gluten-Free, Halal and Vegetarian options,
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Average”
Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

I checked a lot of reviews before eating here and I have to say it's very average
We had the mixed starter which I find is a good bench mark for decent Thai food and I was disappointed it was all pretty bland especially the fish cakes.
Main course, my colleague had lobster when it came it looked fab shame it did not taste as good as it looked, more like fried fish in batter shame to do that to lobster, the chicken in the tom khi gai soup was like rubber on a plus side the taste was good, the pad thai noodles and my main course minced chicken chilli and basil was not bad either
The setting is very nice with great views of the city from the 24th floor and the staff are very attentive with good service even though they charged me for  green tea which should have been for the table behind me. As for the price it was what you would expect to pay in a 5 star hotel in Dubai but not 5 star Thai food experience especially if you know it, like another review said I've had better take out
If your staying in the hotel you can't go wrong with the themed buffet nights we went to the south American night and it was all excellent quality with masses to choose

• Thai first
“Not Authentic Thai Cuisine”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I dined there in late September with my girlfriend after hearing that this Thai Restaurant had won awards for the food. We'll we were both disappointed. Food was below average and the only thing that tasted better than average was the fruit we had for dessert. Well you don't cook fruit right?

The chicken in the Penang Gai dish was particularly bad. Over boiled I think, tough and chewy.

I understand it's difficult to get the Thai ingredients in Dubai, but cooking meet badly is not excusable.

I wouldn't be going there again.

• Visited September 2012
alwayssuperstylin
“Excellent on all counts.”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Very impressive and authentic Thai Cuisine. Service is excellent, with friendly and warm hospitality. Will keep coming back! Great job guys! keep up the good work.

• Visited August 2012
Melbourne, Australia
“Great Authentic Thai Food/Well Priced”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

The atmosphere is very tranquil, entertainment (Thai dancing, music) and authentic Thai Food. Great flavours, good service and an enjoyable night. Food very fresh and Staff obliging

Visited September 2012
DusitThaniDubai, Public Relations Manager at Benjarong, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Sawasdee Krub Khun Sharyn,

We are pleased you enjoyed Benjarong. The restaurant serves authentic Royal Thai Cuisine in a traditional palace setting allowing our guests to gain a truly Thai experience. As our kitchens are staffed by Thai chefs, all our dishes served are as you would expect to find in the palaces of Bangkok.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Khob Khun Krub
“Truely Thai”
Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

What an experience! Relaxing atmosphere, attentive staff, traditional Thai dancers an food that entertains all the tastebuds! For sure one of the best places I have eaten at!

Sawsdee Krub Khun Elainy,

Thank you for your comments on your dining experience in Benjarong. The restaurant is the signature outlet for our property, providing guests with an authentic Royal Thai experience. We are pleased you enjoyed this and hope to welcome you to the restaurant again.

Khob Khun Krub