“Delicious simple seafood with attentive service”
Review of Pisces - CLOSED

Pisces
Sunshine Beach, Australia
“Delicious simple seafood with attentive service”
Reviewed August 19, 2011

We chose Pisces because I had been feeling like seafood, plus I loved Madinet Jumeirah so thought it's great to see 2 things at once. The Madinet souk is great and is a good place to kill some time before/after dinner.

Pisces had a lovely calm ambience to it. The entrance has a blue lit bar which is welcoming and attractive. We did go during Ramadan so perhaps thats why it was slightly quieter, and also alcohol cannot be drunk until after 8pm (for non muslims). It was a shame we didnt know about the terrace area though as i think it has nicer views, as we were just inside, which has nice simple decor but modern which was fine.

Service was great, very attentive and friendly, but not annoying or overbearing.

They serve a bread basket with a warm cornbread which is fluffy and has some spice (as in flavour not heat) which is great, and also different rolls.
I had a stater of fresh oysters with a vinaigrette, and the oysters were HUGE and delicious, I only ordered 3 thinking I may need more, but I definitely didn't; it also comes with a soda bread. My partner had the lobster bisque which he said was great also.
We then went on to order prawns, again which were huge and grilled sea bass which was a fillet and you choose your sides and sauce.
Dessert was great too, we chose the passionfruit one which had a cake, cream and meringue element to it.

Overall we were really happy with the food and service, it's not cheap but wont break the bank. Probably mid -high range. Dont go there if you like seafood with over the top sauces and fancy garnishes; the dishes are simple seafood dishes (eg grilled with basic sauces) but done really well. The seafood platters for 2ppl at 900DHS looked amazing (most expensive dish by far and you can get hot or cold), but we stuck with a la carte as it was a bit expensive as I'm the only one that really likes most of the platter and there is NO way I could eat that on my own.

After or before dinner you can also walk to the little gondolas to have a ride around the Madinet Jumeirah (which we didnt do as it was too late, think the gondolas finish about 23/23.30, but prob best to check)

• Visited August 2011

Banchory
“Good seafood and a nice atmosphere”
Reviewed April 19, 2011

We chose to eat here instead of Pierchic - similar quality at slightly less outrageous prices was our theory. Can't compare to Pierchic, but we certainly enjoyed the food here. Tend to agree with other reviews that the service was good, but not outstanding and the portions were not large. However, what we had was very good. It was expensive, and of course the drinks prices were outrageous, but we'd come to expect that in the Madinat restaurants - we stuck to water.

• Visited April 2011
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Excellent seafood”
Reviewed March 21, 2011

I'm surprised this restaurant doesn't have higher ratings. Our family had been and said it was their favorite restaurant of their trip and we shouldn't miss it, otherwise we wouldn't have selected it, based on most trip advisor reviews. BUT THE FOOD IS FABULOUS! It was the best seafood we had all week. It doesn't have the ambiance of Pier chic or Eau Zone, but for food, it is better than both, in our opinion. We shared the crab leg appetizer and i had a wonderful swordfish with lemon saffron sauce, and my husband had the organic salmon with bearnaise. He is VERY picky about salmon and this salmon was excellent--almost as good as Alaskan copper river. He asked for it medium--and it was still slightly too rare for him--the people at the next table were sending back their ahi tuna as also being too rare---so if you don't want it very rare---specify. The menu also has a section with lots of fish simply grilled, you select one of 5 or 6 sauces, and one side. We very much enjoyed our meal and highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited March 2011
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Highly Over-rated”
Reviewed February 11, 2011

The service was slow, the portions were miniscule, that wait staff were cordial but little else. The total bill was $US 160 and I had to go home to find something good to eat.

• Visited February 2011
Austin, TX
“Two Star Service at a Five Star Restaurant”
Reviewed May 8, 2009

The atmosphere here is very sophisticated, elegant, and romantic. The food portions are not worth the high prices. We love to eat out and spend lots of money on great food, but this was a disappointment. We ordered the beef tenderloin and snapper, but received two snappers, and when we alerted the waiter he argued and refused to take the food away. When we just ate off of the one dish we were told to "enjoy the entree" however no resolution was and we were charged for the meal. Even when the manager came over she was abrupt, rude and insisted we were lying. As a former restaurant manger for six years I was appalled. Not only would I never return I would not reccommend this establishment to anyone, especially if you have been in the restaurant business. Like much of Dubai it is all hype and no follow through, an over priced Vegas of the middle east minus the casinos.