“It used to be one of my fav Mexican joints” 3 of 5 bubbles

Maria Bonita's Taco House
Ranked #723 of 9,408 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“It used to be one of my fav Mexican joints”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

I am not sure what happened over the last year or 2 but this place used to serve amazing food with true Mexican flavors. The last few times I was there, I feel less and less inclined to come back. The only thing that is consistently good is the guac on the spot, because they make it in front if u and the chances to mess it up are very minimal.

I hope it does something to make a comeback. They have something special there, they just need I rediscover it.

London, United Kingdom
“Excellent, fab party!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014

We used Maria Bonita's catering services at home and it was fabulous The staff were professional and friendly, the food excellent and the Margaritas adored by all our guests.
Highly recommended for a fun and delicious night!

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

I am not a great enthusiast of Mexican food, but if it's worth it I will praise it. This place is very average, roadside, and I suppose you have to appreciate that by Dubai standards, it's quite reasonably priced. No, I wouldn't rave about it, but for the price the service and food was o.k. Most tend to sit outside, and as it's roadside it doesn't have any view, but you get what you pay for. A good place to bring children.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank middlec
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Waste of money and time”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

Gone are the days when food were good and so is the service. We used to enjoy the food here, but last weekend proved our money and time wasted, the chicken were sweet like soaked in sugar and deep fried, not marinated but tasteless sweet, undercook and bland. The margaritas were sugar syrup and full of mint leaves and the nachos were obviously senorita brand with cheese & few beans. The food lacked the mexican spice and aroma, everything is just disapointing. I was wondering if they still taste the food they serve, because it definitely is not mexican food anymore, and the price is not affordable enough to compare it to the local fastfood which can actually make better & real mexican food.
The service is like fish market the waiters are shouting to the cook like, asking them "heyy chito, take my order out, so slow, blah, blah, blah! And they have ten cooks running the kitchen and yet the foods' no good, Surely the crew are all unhappy and underpaid to behave this way.
Overall, food was not good and total waste of time & money, our family was very disappointed.

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Mariyah M
Sydney, Australia
“Much better than last time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

I reviewed this 'suburban' Mexican a few months back the gist of which was that it had gone off. Well, a hankering for their guacamole saw my wife and I head back and give it another go. Glad we did. Guacamole was nice, so were the chicken fajitas. Even the hibiscus juice was nicer than last time. Service was good with stuff delivered quickly. We were in and out in under 45 minutes. So, if the last time it had gone off, then this time it was back on. Well worth the visit.

Visited March 2014