“Worth doing to see the inside of Burj Al Arab”
Review of Gold On 27

Gold On 27
Ranked #162 of 10,591 Restaurants in Dubai
Price range: $27 - $1,361
Description: Gold On 27 is a remarkable new nightspot gazing across Dubai from the 27th floor of Burj Al Arab Jumeirah. Bedecked in gold leaf, with exquisite designer details, moods by internationally-acclaimed DJ Darko De Jan and a cocktail menu unlike anything seen in Dubai, it sets a new standard for the city's most discerning socialites.
Reviewed July 10, 2018

One of the most expensive beers that I have ever had, but worth it to get inside the Burj Al Arab. We were late for our reservation because our Yellow Boat Tour ran long, but they took us without issue. We had to give our names to the guard at the end of the driveway to get onto the property. Our son was wearing shorts because we were running late and we were told that long pants are required of gentleman. They offered to loan him a pair, but we had his in our beach bag so he just changed in the men's room. The bar is just beautiful and the service was amazing as were the views. We each had a couple of drinks and shared a couple of appetizers. We took our time looking around a the lobby afterwards and it's gorgeous. The head bellman was friendly and treated us like royalty even insuring our taxi back to the Marriott took credit cards.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed July 4, 2018 via mobile

Visited recently with my daughter. We had made the booking for 2 of us but rang to update it to 5 of us as some friends wanted to join us. We were told this wasn’t possible as they were booked up till 8.30. We arrived at 6 as planned & until we left at 7:30 it was half empty so they could have easily fit us all in, which was rather annoying.
The actual place & service are lovely although as others have said it is quite pricey.
They views are amazing so worth going for that. Glad we went but wouldn’t go again.

Date of visit: July 2018
2  Thank dawng3
Reviewed June 22, 2018 via mobile

My team and I went over for drinks and we were delighted by the service and interior of the lounge. Drinks are way too expensive but that is expected since it is in Burj Al Arab. I had drinks with gold on them. Must try!

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed May 27, 2018

Wow, unbelievable! This was one of our most impressive nightspot we've ever been. A reservation is required to enter Burj al Arab.
Particularly the bar area is spectacular with exquisite designer details - furthermore best club beats and great view above Dubai.
They gave us a golden iPad containing beverage menu to select our cocktails.
Our recommendation :
Good show with "Scent of the Souk" and "Above the clouds",
best taste with "Haj the camel"

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed May 25, 2018

Admittedly, the Burj Al Arab building itself is lovely and just oozes of wealth but as the bar is brand new, I was expecting something a bit more special, although it was good enough.

They gave us a gold plated iPad to select our drinks, which was a nice touch, although the drinks are on the little expensive side, starting from approx £20 per drink but it's worth it for the experience.

We didn't actually like our drinks but of course, cocktails can be hit and miss and everyone has different taste, so it's not the end of the world, it's about the experience at the end of the day.

THE REAL ISSUE:
Our main issue was when I broke my tooth on one of the snacks and other people heard my tooth break as well, as there was a very loud crunch.
The waitress called the management, who offered a paramedic, which wasn't necessary for a chipped front tooth.

They simply apologised but we didn't even finish our drinks, as this ruined our evening.
They told me to see my own dentist, once I return to the UK and they'll speak to the superiors about my chipped tooth to see what they can do.

It's been nearly 2 weeks and I still haven't heard back from them and they've ignored my emails about the dentist's response.
As it stands, I'm out of pocket and had a bad night and I have a lasting memory, which has effected one of my best features.
They didn't offer to cover our drinks or offer a discount or to cover my dentist bills and I'm left with a chipped tooth in multiple sections with a wedding in a few months, so I'm extremely disappointed.

Considering this bar is in the worlds ONLY 7 star hotel and it just oozes of money, you would expect they'd take care of their customers and make sure they're not out of pocket for an incident derived from their products.

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank muraty
Dimitar D, Beverage Manager at Gold On 27, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2018

Dear Muraty

I would like to apologies for the late reply, I am terribly sorry for overseeing your review, please allow me to reply to your feedback. I greatly appreciate your comments, we always strive to improve our service and care of our guests. I am sorry to hear about your unfortunate situation, we are very selective of the products we serve, please rest assure my team has been advised to take extra care in the future.
I read in your comments that you have written several emails, which have been ignored, for which I apologies, I have launch an investigation to find out where the communication has been broken. in the mean time could I please ask you to send me an email directly to me so I can take your feedback further, my email address is dimitar.dimitrov@jumeirah.com
once again apologies for your unfortunate experience.