“Nice Stay”

Ranked #370 of 546 Hotels in Dubai
Saudi Arabia
“Nice Stay”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

We stayed at this property for 2 nights( former name is Emirates Grand Hotel). We booked a one bedroom suite which was upgraded to a premier suite. Lovely rooms, great location, friendly staff and fast service although it was super full. The only problem we faced was at check out time. The receptionist claimed that we replaced a chips can from the mini bar which we never did. She insisted on charging us 15 DHS and didn't listen to us. This was the only thing that bothered us.

Room Tip: Stay on a high floor
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank emeyg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Greek first
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
Reviewed January 7, 2013

The location is really great, just a few steps away from the DIFC Metro Station. The facilities is so so. But I must say, the service is very disappointing. The staff was not helpful at all. One day, i left early for a day trip to Abu Dhabi, even though I left a request for "Make-Up Room", when I arrived at my apartment at around 10pm, the apartment was not cleaned at all. And when I call Housekeeping, they just came in for about 5 minutes to remove the rubbish. Even though they had 5-6 lift, only one works at that time, and you ended up spending 20 minutes or so until i got fed up and use the stairs instead. One eve, I had to carry my 5 year old son who was sleeping, and 2 other small children half asleep after a long day, plus a couple of bags to carry, NO ONE of the workers bothered to help me. After waiting for lift for about 10 minutes, I went into the lift, and couldnt find the button, and the staff who was in the lift told me to press the number of my level outside the lift. And when I step out of the lift to press 4, he closed the lift floor. I was so horrified. I would never come again as to me service is important, and I had not a single good experience with the service throughout my 7 days of staying at the hotel. I have expressed my disappointment , but they didnt look as if they were interested with my frustration.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank RGhazali

Travelers are raving about these Dubai hotels

Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed May 6, 2011

It is really the best stay with value for money I ever stayed in Dubai. If you want economic stay with 5 star hotel, this is the one. For bed room including kitchen, 2 bathrooms and living room with 2 LCD tv, you pay ONLY less than $120 per night. So what do you think? It is really lovely hotel. The breakfast is delicious. The location near Dubai Mall and the Metro station on Zayed Road. It is your best shot if you are coming with your family and small kids.

• Stayed July 2010
1 Thank mustantm
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 31, 2010

One of the better Dubai hotels. Not over the top with Oppulence!
Excellent staff as you would expect, and very good day spa. Highly reccomended!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Germany
Reviewed June 19, 2009

I returned to the Angsana for a weekend with my family as my first stay was stay on a buisness trip in January was very pleasant, however on the return trip the room was not clean, stains on bed, dust everywhere and the room attendant seemed annoyed that he had to redo the room. Breakfast buffet was downgraded from my last visit and deffinetly not up to any 5 star standards. Service was below average and not even the restaurant manager seemed to know what was on the menu.

I asked to speak to senior management regarding this issues but was told that noone was on duty.

Spend your money somewhere else as they dont seem to care at all about their guests.

1 Thank Heinzee
In the Desert, UAE
Reviewed June 3, 2009

Angsana Dubai is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at. It is located in the heart of Dubai...two huge 50-storied towers right in the middle of Sh. Zayed Road! You have a number of restaurants and pubs all around you on both sides of Sh. Zayed Road.

The suite we stayed in was really amazing. It was divided into a kitchen area and the bedroom area. The kitchen was well equipped with absolutely everything that you would need right from making noodles to cooking a five course dinner.The bedroom was quite cozy and you can even dim the lights using a master remote that controls most things in the room. The hotel has a number of amenities in the room...all the usual ones and some unique ones like a scented candle and an incense stick.

The hotel has a rooftop swimming pool and you have a breathtaking view of the entire city from up there. Angsana Spa is considered to be one of the best in Dubai for its variety of massage therapies. I didn't actually eat at the hotel restaurant mainly because of the abundance of eateries all around. Another good thing about the location is its proximity to the two major shopping malls in Dubai, The Dubai Mall and Mall of the Emirates. So if you are bored in the room you can just hop over to Dubai Mall where you can literally spend an entire day.

All in all, a wonderful place to stay at. Would highly recommend it.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Frankfurt
Reviewed April 7, 2009

My wife and I had a wonderful and enjoyable stay at the Angsana Hotel in Dubai.
Our suite was excellent, with two big plasma screens, DVD player, free internet connection, kitchen with fridge, microwave, coffee machine, toaster, electric cooker, washing machine, etc.
We will definitely book this hotel next time we fly to Dubai and do not hesitate to recommend Angsana hotel to anyone who plans to travel to Dubai on vacation or on business. It is ideal for families with children.
Thanks to all the staff at Angsana Hotel who made our stay so pleasant.

Mr. & Mrs. Dissanayake
Frankfurt
Germany

• Stayed April 2009
AN_Executive_Office, Area General Manager at Angsana Dubai, responded to this review, April 27, 2009
Dear Mr. & Mrs. Dissanayake,

On behalf of the team at Angsana Dubai, we wish to thank you immensely for taking the time to convey such gracious comments about us.

It is always a great pleasure to read through notes such as yours, for they serve as an inspiration to help us in our continued commitment to maintain the high standards you have experienced.

Thank you once again for sharing your experience with others, and I look forward to welcoming you back to Angsana Dubai soon.
Warm Regards,