Stayed here 5 days (Nov 17-22).
Normally when I come to Dubai I stay close to work (Holiday Inn Media City/Knowledge Village) but it's such a BAD choice, that this time I decided "never again". Four Points also has a corporate rate with us, so "why not".
Room I got (1402, corner room, which is bigger) was reasonably expensive (but what is not in Dubai?), our rate also has free Wifi (more on that later), bottle of water (got that) and newspaper (never got any). Room is spacious, clean, looks modern and is generally nice. Pretty good business standard, one of those "it was good so you forget about it quickly" (people tend to remember bad things more vividly after all). Bathroom amenities were OK, Wifi signal was good.
Food in hotel? There's a choice: top-floor bar (didn't use as it's a smoking area), and few venues on 2nd floor - italian (didn't use, have too much of it in Europe), moroccan (always busy), and english-like pub (smoking!). So, eating I did in the italian section, but you can order food from other restaurants (mostly had moroccan, tasty and good quality). Food around hotel? Actually didn't try, most of the venues around are fast-food joints. Didn't go to the Mall or anything.
Overall that's a pretty good hotel.
Now, what's bad? Two things.
1) Concierge. Every day I took a taxi to work. If you need one, just waive your hand on any arriving beige one, they're cheap and clean. Don't ever use the one recommended by that concierge scammer. What the concierge will try to do is to trick you into using much more expensive "private taxi" and he'll blatantly lie "it's just 10% more expensive" (more like 75-100%!), and that "private taxi" driver will try to con you into lack of receipt (or give you some hand-written one). That's just unacceptable.
This hotel should NOT allow for such a con-like behaviour of its front-line staff. That's a big minus.
2) Check-out experience / reception staff. My company rate clearly stated "free Wifi". On my room bill what do I see? Internet charges. OK, happens, "they'll waive it when I talk to them". I was checking out 4am or so and got a "trainee" receptionist (at least that's what his badge said). He was adamant that I have to pay for internet? WTH... Showed him my PDF reservation, clearly displaying "corporate rate" and free Wifi. "No, you have to pay". WTH? Asked to speak to manager. "Not available". Got rather grumpy at this moment (4am after all), finally other clerk came and help the newbie realize you don't mess with your customers. Got the bill sorted.
So, my check-out took 15 or more minutes, while it should have been below 3.
It's a good hotel, but I don't think I'll be coming back. If not for those two things, this Four Points would be my Dubai hotel-of-choice. Now, I'll just look for something else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four Points by Sheraton Sheikh Zayed Road is strategically located on the most prestigious stretch of Sheikh Zayed Road. We’re within easy reach from the World Trade Centre, Dubai International Convention & Exhibition Centre, Dubai International Financial Centre, various corporate hubs and Business Bay. The world’s largest mall, Dubai Mall, the spectacular Dubai Fountain and the world’s tallest tower, Burj Khalifa are a convenient 5 minute drive away. If you’re keen on exploring the city, the Four Points by Sheraton Sheikh Zayed Road is where you want to be, with 2 metro stations within easy reach and Dubai International Airport just 15 minutes away. Whether you’re in town for business or leisure, you’re in for a great stay in each of our 384 modern, comfortable and spacious guest rooms, suites and apartments. After a long day of business or sightseeing, enjoy spectacular views from our floor-to-ceiling windows or relax in front of the flat screen TV, before getting a good night’s sleep in the Four Points by Sheraton Four Comfort Bed™. Plus, enjoy free extras like bottled water and wireless Internet access. Our business rooms offer extra space for the working professional on the go, plus complimentary access to the Z Lounge, where you can enjoy breakfast, happy hour and all-day snacks. The one, two and three bedroom apartments are ideal for families and extended stays. Start each day with a good breakfast at The Eatery, our all-day dining restaurant. After a hard day’s work or sight-seeing, relax at Charlie’s and enjoy steaks and a great selection of local, regional and imported craft beers from our Best Brews™ Program. If you’re in the mood for the exotic, try our authentic Moroccan Restaurant or indulge in hearty Italian buffet at Luigi's. If you’re looking to get active, the Four Points by Sheraton offers a well-equipped gym and one of the highest located pools in the area, on the rooftop. Level 43 Sky Lounge, also on the rooftop, was named Best Bar in the Middle East at the Middle East Hotel Awards. It offers an excellent venue to enjoy tasty treats, drinks and spectacular 360 degree views of Dubai’s skyline. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood EMEA, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Points By Sheraton Sheikh Zayed Road Dubai Hotel Dubai
- 4 Points By Sheraton Sheikh Zayed Road Dubai
- Four Points Dubai
- Dubai Four Points
- Dubai Sheraton