“Great Location”

Ranked #93 of 540 Hotels in Dubai
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
“Great Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

This property is located on Sheikh Zayed Road which is quite centrally located and walking distance from the Metro Station.They have an extensive buffet variety for breakfast for a very reasonable price.

Their Sky deck at the 43rd floor is a must visit to see the 360 degree view of the city.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Fiona_SZR, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Hi Gurnoor285,

Thank you for your recent post from your stay with us earlier this year.

Great to hear that the location met your needs and that you had the opportunity to appreciate the views on offer from Level 43.

I hope that we will be able to welcome you back again.

Four Points by Sheraton Sheikh Zayed Rd

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (353)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

This Hotel is faultless. Stop looking and book it, it has everything you need for a stay in Dubai. Central location, it is on the main thoroughfare through Dubai, Sheik Zayed Road, metro down the street, abundance of taxis on this road, supermarkets, other Hotels, restaurants, ATMs nearby.
Roof top pool, amazing view, lots of sun loungers, towels provided, air con rooms, complementary bottled water, English channels, great room service - rooms left immaculate after the daily clean, every member of staff from the front of desk to the valets to the room service members to the restaurant waiters are so friendly, so helpful, couldn't do enough for us.
Free WiFi in the rooms, lobby and pool.
Italian, Morroccan and international restaurants....only ate in the International restaurant and it was good, can't comment on others as ate out mostly.
Even though the Hotel is situated on the very busy Sheik Zayed Road, our sleep was not disturbed, we were on the 18th floor with a city view.
Mornings were spent at the pool and the afternoon and evenings were spent venturing out. 20 minutes to Jumeriah/ Marina area...10 minutes to the old town......one metro stop to Burj Kalifa/ Dubai Mall...Dubai is very big and spread out so if these timings sound long, don't be alarmed, it takes a while to get around Dubai but 20 minutes in an air con taxi is not a big deal. Taxis are cheap and plentiful, it is the way to get around Dubai.
Just a note on Ramadan, as it was a concern of mine before I went. Food and drink cannot be taken in public between approx 4.30 am and 7.10 pm...This did not affect the Hotel as restaurants were open to serve non Muslims. We did not eat or drink in public, but we could drink and eat in our room and receive room service and drink water at the pool, the rooftop bar was not open which is unfortunate as it would have been amazing at night I am sure and Charlies bar opened at 8. Regarding clothing during this time, I was very careful at the start with knees and shoulders covered but started to realise that the main thing is to have your shoulders covered, shorts and skirts (above the knee) appeared to be ok, I wore them out and about and I did not receive any strange looks from people and noticed other people doing the same, mainly ex pats/ tourists it seemed, in saying that, they were not as risque as a typical holiday clothing. My point is, do not be put off by the scaremongering re, clothing in Dubai. particularly during this Holy Month, but this is just my opinion.
If I am to niggle, we were asked for a AED350 each, deposit up front which was returned on departure, which was not detailed to me prior to arrival and it was a bit of a surprise as it does take from your budgeted spending money for the week. Just to remember this for budgetary reasons.
Overall, a super Hotel and I would definitely recommended it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank FoodLover311
Hi FoodLover311,

Thank you for taking the time to share such an amazing and detailed review about your stay with us last month. It's such a pleasure to read about such a high recommendation and that our team members went out of their way to assist during your stay.

We truly hope to welcome you back again during your next visit to Dubai. Level 43 is back up and running now that Ramadan is over.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

I chose this hotel primarily because of the rooftop bar as i was travelling alone & felt this was a great alternative to going out by myself. Unfortunately, the bar was closed due to Ramadan but I did use the bar on the 1st floor.

The room was very comfortable & my balcony was also locked which didn't really bother me. It was very hot outside so i wouldn't have spent much time out there.

The location was excellent due to its proximity to Dubai Mall. The best part was the staff - everybody was extremely courteous & pleasant and went out of their way to assist. I needed to print my boarding pass and the front desk staff (especiallyJoseph) couldn't have been more helpful. I needed to post a letter & the post office is miles away... No problem, we have stamps.

I would definitely stay hat Four Points Sheraton Dubai again.

Room Tip: Corner room - Sheik Sayed Road side- lights are fabulous at night.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank LLou1961
Hi LLou1961,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review from your stay with us last month.

It's fantastic to hear that your room was comfortable and our team went out of their way to make your stay with us comfortable. I will ensure that this is also shared with Joseph who is an asset to our team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to us during your next visit to Dubai, this time with Level 43 up and running now that Ramadan is over.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

This was my third visit to Dubai, in the last 3 years, and I wasn't impressed by the hotel. When I first arrived, upon checking in, I was immediately asked for a deposit of 500 aed, which is equivalent to around £90. I haven't been asked for a cash deposit at previous Dubai hotels, and found this strange. As the money came out of my spending funds. Why not take a temporary deposit from the card I booked with? Or even better, just charge for extras at the end?! Like most hotels do.

The room isn't very spacious, however the bed is the best bit, comfy and big. The balcony was locked and upon asking, it still hadn't been unlocked. The fridge is merely a cupboard, as it does not actually keep anything cold. My drinks were always warm, out of the fridge.

The free public wifi as promised, has a 4 hour limit from the moment you connect. After that, you must pay if you wish to use the Internet. The hotel has it's own taxi, which is a rip off! I was charged 20 aed to go to Dubai Mall which is literally a 5 minute drive away. Upon getting a normal yellow taxi the following day, I was charged 10 aed! So don't use the hotel's taxi.

The hotel is good for location as the metro station is a short walk away, and there are plenty of restaurants nearby. Good location, however I wouldn't give it 4 stars.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank Sana23
FourPointsDubai, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear Sana23,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us.

I am pleased that our Four Points Comfort Beds were just as comfy for you and hope that you thoroughly enjoyed relaxing in our rooms during your trip.

I notice that you mentioned a comment regarding a deposit payment made during your check in - please note that these are common check in policies and procedures taken for guests who have booked with us using a third party vendor. Had a booking been made directly with us, we can of course would be able to charge the deposit to the credit card.

I apologize that you were unable to enjoy our balconies, although requesting it. Our balconies are locked for safety reasons and upon request, our personnel are happy to open the balcony door for our guests, however, I have notified the involved parties regarding the accidentally overlooked request.

I do hope that you will visit our property on your next visit to Dubai.

Nabeel S.
Russia, Samara
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

The good hotel, and is no more.

When you order number in high-altitude hotel, you expect a fine kind from a window. But, unfortunately, not all comes true. Number was on 6 floor, a preferred double room (angular) with a kind on a roof of a parking and the next tower. The balcony is closed. Were cleaned each day, however bed-clothes did not change never. Closed curtains each time and to move apart them tiresomely long. Breakfasts monotonous. The place at restaurant is not enough, all crowded at meal, it is inconvenient and not pleasant.
From plus: number big and spacious, pure; the polite personnel; a panoramic platform on 43 floor and all.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear Ivan,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us.

I am pleased to see that you enjoyed our spacious rooms and our rooftop bar, Level 43.

I was, however, sorry to read that you also experienced a few challenges during your stay. Please take note that your encounter with our locked balconies is simply a safety regulation by Dubai Law to which we must abide. You can, however, request that the balcony be opened and our security personnel would be happy to assist.

In addition, while we try to accommodate all special requests made by our guests, these requests are based on availability and we sadly cannot guarantee all such requests.

I do hope that you enjoyed your overall stay with us and will be returning to visit.

Nabeel S.
doncaster
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel for just one night but it was a very enjoyable experience.

The plus point of this hotel is the roof top Views which are 360 degrees . I was dissapointed that the advertised bar was closed because of the holy period currentley being followed in Dubai. I do not understand why the roof top bar could not open after sunset as do all other establishments in Dubai . One of my main reasons for booking this hotel was to be able to enjoy a drink in the evening on the roof area.
I feel that the hotel has taken advantage of Ramadan ( of which i respect ) by choosing to not open its bar from 7.30 pm until the advertised 2 am. On booking people should be notified of this absence of service.

The rooms were spotless and spacious , i would stay here again

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Doncasterlevi,

Thank you for your review and taking the time to reflect your stay with us.

I apologize if you weren't able to fully enjoy the experience from our rooftop bar & lounge. During the holy month of Ramadan, all outlets are requested to be closed out of respect to the fasting community. We, as with several outdoor outlets in the city, close the bar entirely during this period firstly out of respect and also due to the drastic heat the venue sees during Dubai Summers. This is also noted on our website as well. However, I do understand your frustration that this information may not have been communicated to you clearly.

I do hope that you otherwise enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you will choose to stay with us once more on your next visit to Dubai.

Nabeel S
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

Firstly the hotel staff were excellent as I had paid for an extra night and I asked them to swap it for free breakfast one night and they agreed. The pool was really nice on the 43rd floor and excellent staff. The gym was great too,

Food wise the breakfast was excellent though a bit expensive at 95 Dirhams. Other eels were really good too.

The metro is close and that takes you all over Dubai. Buy a one day ticket and that's god value.

Room was comfy with all amenities. Staff were always polite.

Ps. There is a car that is with the hotel and the charges are fair and reasonable.

Room Tip: I was in room 1511. It was ok.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Fiona_SZR, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Hi Cederz2,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent post. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and our team were able to provide assistance.

We hope to welcome you back again during your next trip to Dubai.