“Perfect Location, Great Value, Spacious Rm, Great place and practical”

Four Points by Sheraton Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai
Ranked #103 of 563 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed April 19, 2012

So planning my trip to Dubai I spent days on here reading reviews of hotels....I went through tons, I was comparing the negitives and really deciding what was worth it! I was stuck between about 3...Then I thought, Ok I'm gonna be in Dubai at the beach and doing all kinds of stuff, I won't be spending much time in room why not be practical and get a nice room for less. I did just that! I am so pleased I stayed at this hotel! No its not on the beach and it's not the Jumeriah but it's great for a couple or group of friends. The rooms were very clean and big, (I got a starwood preferred room being a member) and I would say get one on the street side, (better view) yes a bit louder but unless ur the lightest sleeper ever u won't notice! Staff very helpful, lobby is small but who really cares, it's clean and there to easily check in. The lifts take a few min sometimes but the complaints on here are clearly from overly impatient people. Longest we waited was maybe 3 min. We had free water in rooms everyday and was just a perfect place. Cabs are so cheap as well! :) Def stay here if you are on a budget or would just rather save a little on rooms to splurge more on shopping and great food like my bf and I! We went to the Jumeriah and the rooms there werent that impressive and that hotel is like 3 times the price....Silly if you ask me. Anyway Enjoy your visit with Dubai. Dubai Mall is about 4 euro cab ride. Very close :) Oh and the concierge can book all your tourist needs, safari, atlantis, food, anything! :)

Room Tip: Get a higher room on the street side....If you arrive late ask for an SPG room if any are avail :)
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Katyj505
FPDowntownDubai, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2012

Hi Katyj505,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback on your recent stay with us. I am glad that you found our hotel to be good value and enjoyed your experience with us. Very happy to hear that you found our staff to be helpful. Thank you for recommending us to other travelers, we hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back again in the future.

Four Points by Sheraton Sheikh Zayed Road

Write a ReviewReviews (2,274)

Reviewed April 19, 2012

Our stay of 3 nights at this property was not worth highlighting. A very lacklustre approach by the front desk. We were promised a early wake up call with morning tea, that was conveniently forgotten. Hence the day began with inconvenience. The Breakfast at coffe shop at the lobby level, was the same all the 3 days. Only point to write home was the extra courteous coffee shop staff.
We did use the business centre on the first floor, was very elegant with good amenities and proffessional staff.
Would recommend this hotel only for its location which is closer to the airport and other shopping malls

Room Tip: If you are a non smoker, be doubly sure to get a non smoking room as the entire hotel stinks of toba...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank CMENON

Hi CMENON,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your stay with us. I sincerely apologize that the level of service provided to you by front desk did not meet your expectations; this obviously is not what we wish for our guests to experience. I would also like to apologize that your wakeup call was missed; I understand how inconvenient this must have been for you and I assure you that we have taken your comments as a learning experience to prevent future incidents. I am glad however that our Eatery and Business Centre staff had been courteous and professional. Thank you once again for your comments and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed April 17, 2012

Since you need to travel to anywhere in Dubai, this was a great mid point to the airport and to Dubai Mall/ Burj Khalifa. The hotel had their own taxi service (60 dirhams to the airport) where the normal flag down rate would be approx 45-50 dirhams, but you have an immediate "luxury" taxi waiting- hence the price difference.

Room was large and spacious- had a balcony but could not open due to safety concerns by hotel management (all balconies are locked). Modern and clean. Rooms were quiet enough and slept well. There is a really good Moroccan restaurant on the 2nd floor and a cool rooftop bar next to the swimming pool offering great views- pity I was there during a mild sandstorm and did not get to enjoy it as much as I would like to. Breakfast buffet was good- mix of international which is interesting with all the Moroccan/Arabic breads, cheeses and olives.

Had an amazing massage by the Thai masseuse on the top floor spa, which ended off my stay nicely.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

Hi Kapha_angel,

Thank you for your positive feedback from your recent stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed our rooms, restaurants and spa facilities. We hope to welcome you back again soon when there isn’t a sandstorm so you can make the most of the panoramic views from our pool deck.

Reviewed April 12, 2012

Found nothing to much trouble, food in italian excellent and the pool area fantastic to lounge around, and great views of dubai.

• Stayed: March 2012

Hi Pbsoms,

Thank you for your kind feedback. Happy to hear that you were able to enjoy some of our hotel’s services and facilities and found our staff to be accommodating. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed April 11, 2012

We stayed here for 12 nights and got back today .

We had an amazing holiday and the hotel is in an excellent position. The only thing we were disappointed with is we booked this hotel due to it having balconies .... When we arrived in the room the balcony door was locked and we were told due to health and safety we could not go on it .... On our last night the restaurant manager asked us if we enjoyed our stay (no one asked us when we checked out how our stay was ) and we explained to him re balcony issues and we were told a while back someone on a top floor dropped a whiskey glass which hit a Lamborghini and the hotel had to pay the repair cost and huge fines....

One other negative is the mini bar - DO NOT USE !! There is no price list and on checking out we ended up paying about 60.00 for 1 beer a few cans of coke and a small pack of Pringles !!!! About 2 minutes walk from the hotel is a supermarket which is very very cheap - buy drinks etc here and keep in mini bar . It's about 2 pound for 6 pack of fanta/coke etc :-)

The hotel is 2 minute walk from the metro .

We found the Internet fine and had no issues.

Room was very clean and a huge bed and great floor to ceiling windows . The hotel is in a fantastic place to get anywhere in Dubai and taxis are very cheap . From our hotel to burj al Arab it was about 8.00. Taxi drivers were not too happy taking us to Dubai mall as its too close but your unable to walk here.

The roof top bar is excellent , bit pricey but the view is superb I'd say one of the best views from a hotel bar in dubai and many photographers came up here in the evenings .

Next time we stay in Dubai we will book an apartment due to it being so cheap to eat out also to get stuff in from supermarkets to snacking etc. you can still go into any hotel to use their facilities .

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank GEMMA20MANCHESTER

Hi Gemma20manchester,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback from your stay last month. I apologize that you were disappointed by the balconies being locked, I hope that you were able to instead enjoy the 360 degree panoramic views from Level 43 though. I apologize that you had not been given a mini bar price list on check in, and that you were given a slight shock on check out as a result. We appreciate your comments and hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed April 10, 2012

I had booked this hotel because of its location and the Sheraton name.
Friday morning we went down to a nightmare breakfast! We had to wait nearly 20 minutes for a lift and being on a high floor it was not a realistic option to take the stairs up or down. Four lifts to cover 43 floors does not appear to be enough. The lobby area is very small - my guess is that this building was designed as office or apartment block because lobby is not that of a hotel. We had to queue for breakfast awaiting our room number to be called. The selection was not fantastic (there are no pork dishes as can be found at many other hotels) and very many very noisy kids. Girl at front (Joy) tried manfully stopping people walking directly in to breakfast but she was also helping on tables. The whole thing felt very ‘package holiday’ but for what we paid (approx. $320 a night) it definitely is not! The room for me was just ok. We had a ‘Preferred’ room – which we had booked – on the 16th floor. It consisted of a lounge area and bedroom with perfunctory ‘kitchen’ area. The kitchen consisted of a sink, mini bar and kettle. The bathroom very small, and had no separate shower. The toiletry selection was basic. Bizarrely and not in keeping with size of the bathroom, there was a large walk in wardrobe - which I think in an earlier life may have been meant as en-suite. Front desk staff on arrival very abrupt and did not accept my rate included breakfast until I showed her a print out of my reservation confirmation. There is NO WIFI in the room, of any description, even if you wished to pay for it. This is inexcusable in any modern hotel. There is wired internet at a cost – which we did not use. Consequently residents took advantage on the free Wi-Fi in the lobby area (did I say it was small?). But getting that free connection is extremely frustrating!! You first need a code from the front desk. After this is entered you then need to try to log on to any web site you choose, whereupon you will be asked to accept the conditions of connection. Be aware though that you are only permitted one device per room! This proved somewhat annoying for my wife and I who wanted to connect to our individual mail clients. Also, the code for your room changes every day. We did get assistance from the front desk and the DID give us a second connection code – which worked only for one evening. We were not alone in finding the connection frustrating, with many guests seeking assistance of the front desk. Staff on the front desk at times became extremely short tempered, perhaps because of the frequency they had to address queries! This is NOT what is expected for the price paid.
On Friday night there also seemed to be an issue with ladies of the night – I saw two ‘glamorously’ dressed ladies instructed strongly by the bell boy to get out of the lifts. I assumed they were not guests of the hotel. There was also an obvious presence in the street outside the hotel.
The view from the room was into the side of another building on the south side. Presumably there are better views from rooms facing east (Gulf view) or west (over Sheikh Sayed Road). On a positive note, the breakfast situation did improve as the days went on – it seems Friday morning may have been a one-off.
Be careful also of prices of hotel cars. I booked online a car from the airport to the hotel at AED110 one way. When I said I was getting a taxi to go back, they reduced this to AED 50!
To summarise
Negatives:
- abruptness of some of the front desk staff we spoke to, from initial check-in to assistance with WI-fi
- Cattle trough breakfast on Friday morning
- Waiting period for lifts
- No WiFi in rooms (even paid for)
- Frustration of only connecting one device/room
- Small bathroom, no separate shower
- Prostitutes in lobby and outside
- Size of pool
- View

Positives:
- Level 43 roof top bar area. Great views.
- Italian restaurant. Great meal and ambiance.
- Charlie's pub
- Comfort of bed
- 'Joy', who took guests to their table at breakfast - always polite always with a smile, even through the Friday morning nightmare.

I would not go back to this hotel and unfortunately cannot recommend it. There are better options available.

Room Tip: If you are going to stay, ask for room on gulf side
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank johnybegud

Hi Johnybegud,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback from your stay last month. I am extremely sorry to see that we fell short of your stay expectations during your recent stay with us. I apologize that you experienced a long wait for elevators as well as breakfast on a busy morning. I would also like to apologize that you found our Front Desk staff to be abrupt, that there was a mistake with your reservation inclusions, and that you found our WiFi services in the lobby to be inadequate and not user friendly. I am happy to hear however that you enjoyed our Food and Beverage facilities, and that Joy at the Eatery was a highlight. It is feedback like yours that helps us strive to provide you with the style and service you look for when travelling and we hope to better your experience during your next stay.

Reviewed April 9, 2012

Booked initially 4 nights, extended 1 extra night earlier than originally planned: despite sending an email and assurances that it will be considered as a sinle stay, it took receptionists a long time to figure out how to accomodate us; my colleague had to change rooms but got an upgrade (even though I was the SPG member - sour grapes perhaps...).
On the first night the (hen?) party on my floor went until about 05:20am and when I mentioned this the next morning the response was that I should have joined in...
It took 2 days for the internet access code to work spending endless time at reception trying to get connected and was only free for 4 hours each day at lobby and restaurants/ bar. Wired internet only in room (so forget your ipad) was amazingly expensive, about 20 euros per day or 6 euros per hour. Happy hour beer costs about 6 euros but I guess this is overpriced Dubai...
As I was down with influenza and high fever during half of the stay, had to spend several hours in the room which was good sized and very clean but there was unannounced construction work with prolonged drilling and hammering (it was not the fever) which was not pleasant in my condition. A note waning of the work would have been appreciated...
Breakfast was very average, food at the restaurants was ok, again nothing special.
Overall, the stay was ok but cannot really say it was value for money. Despite spending more than accomodation, I did not receive ny SPG points as the booking was through an agent.
I have the feeling I would have had better value for money at the Rotana or the Radisson near by.

Room Tip: find a hotel with free room wifi
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank zach006

Hi Zach006,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you were a bit disappointed by your stay experience. I hope that you have since recovered from the flu, and I apologize that you experienced some construction noise during your stay. We are currently finishing off our new business lounge on the first floor, and have notices regarding some expected noise inconveniences up in our elevators, however understand that this may easily be missed.
Whilst you will not receive SPG points by booking through a travel agent or third party website, you should still receive points for any incidental spending. Please feel free to contact me directly at fiona.mcardle@fourpoints.com with your name and SPG number so that I can assist in having any incidental spending credited to your account. I look forward to hearing from you soon.