“It has the 'WOW' factor, but bring your wallet”
Review of Atlantis, The Palm

Atlantis, The Palm
Ranked #110 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed March 6, 2011

As you drive onto the island and see the place you instantly think, 'wow'. Meeting you at the drive by a maze of porter, door men etc. The lobby is grand and the fish tank is amazing.

I had a room on the eigth floor and for a '5 star' hotel the room was not that flash. Nothing really stood out to say 'wow' like the lobby. Yes a nice view over the ocean, but its just water.

You have to remember you are basically six kilometres offshore. That being the case if you dont like to opening your wallet then dont go. Everything costs, (bottle of beer $10+, ice cream at the water park $8+, water craft cost). The food quality is amazing as are the way the restruant have been done up, (But again remember '5 star' prices)

The pools are nice and I used the gym which was very well equiped and the water park is a blast. Being free for guests you have to use it daily. I most enjoyed the 'Leap of Faith' but all rides were fun. However, I do recommend you go to 'Wild Wadi" it is the better of the two water park, had more fun there.

Would I stay there agian, no I dont think so. It to be is kinda like been their done that. But don't get me wrong its a great hotel and one you must stay at just for bragging rights. Nice location just a little far from anything.

If you stay use taxi's to get around the rest of Dubia. They are cheap and metered and drivers if they understand you know exactly were they are going. By the way try indoor snow skiing its very different and good fun.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Atlantis, The Palm

Reviewed March 6, 2011

im a single female parent of a 12 year old boy. We just returned froma 9 day break atlantis & i wish i hadnt bothered. I might as well have been invisable. took over 15mins 1 evening for bar staff to ask if i wanted a drink & that was only because i calle dthem over. Its such a shame because the hotel is beautiful. but the staff need a lot more training. Coming from england we have the best of service here. The atlantis is really lacking in this department. We wasnt helped or told where to go apon arrival, during our stay, staff are dotted around the hotel but just dont know what to do, they just smile. My son wanted to sleep an not have breakfast, but i did and was told to wait and was place on a table far away from the buffet as if i should have been there, the service lead a lot to be desired to. very disapointing, i made suggestions whilst i was there, but doublt if they would even reach customer service, as i felt there wasnt any at all. on day of departure. we wasnt asked if we wanted our bags taken down or help with anything, untill i had paid bill and we was out side waiting for a taxi, as the hotel transfers that i had paid for in the uk hadnt materiilized. Very very let down. I dont understand it and would have thought that for such a hotel, everything would have been spot on. Belive me it wasnt, Atlantis needs to pull up there socks, get their staff traing buy a european, then maybe they can call themselves 1 of the best but at the moment NO WAY..

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 6, 2011

It was our 3rd stay at the Atlantis and we enjoyed it a lot.

We have never been there during winter, and we had to find out that the big pool is NOT heated, and the water was really freezing cold! The water in the waterpark was a little bit warmer. The average temperature at the beginning of March was 26 degree C.
Unfortunately this is not hot enought to heat the pool or the sea. So don't expect to swim around a lot.

Since we were flying with Emirates we got an Awards Card. On check-in we found out that you not only get miles per money spent, but there are also excellent additional benefits like:
* free internet access (normally about GBP 20 a day)
* 15 Percent off in all restaurants - which when u consider u can easily spend 150 £ for 2, this adds up to quite a saving over the week!
* there are additional discounts at the spa

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 5, 2011

We had never been to Dubai or UAE before so did not really know what to expect. For the most part it is immaculate and public areas are spotless. The hotel is lovely and I would thoroughly recommend it. However, I am not sure that I would want to stay for more than a week.

Kids activities during the day are well organised and professional and there is lots to do for both kids and adults alike. In the evenings though, there seemed little entertainment for kids and staying here can feel a little isolating. There is a free shuttle bus to the mall which is handy to get you nearer to other hotels/ restaurants etc. otherwise you will be spending a lot of money travelling to and from the hotel by taxi (which could become a little tedious as road to hotel is quite long).

The aquarium was much smaller than expected and I certainly would have been disappointed if I had paid to get in, but as a complimentary extra was good (takes about 20 mins to walk around). The aqua park is very nice and there are plenty of rides, if this is not for you though, there are also plenty of places to just lounge around in the sun.

I would summarise by saying it's a breathtaking hotel but it did feel a little soulless sometimes.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 3, 2011

We stayed at Atlantis the Palm as part of a three day stopover enroute to Europe. We arrived early in the morning and were shown to the hospitality lounge where we had a shower and coffee to freshen up after the long flight. Our room was made ready early and was outstanding with great attention to detail and was airy with a fantastic bathroom.
We found all staff to be courteous and friendly.
The hotel was clean and well set up, the choices of restaurants and bars were excellent, with a great quality breakfast buffet.
We are used to staying in 5 star rated hotels, and found this to be one of the best we have visited, with attention to the small things what set it apart from others.
We will definitely be visiting Atlantis the Palm on our next trip to Dubai.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 2, 2011

Stayed at the Palm with my Wife and twin boys (4-3/4yrs) and had an absolutely brilliant time. Many Hotels like to tell you how great they are, and say they are 5 star or similar, but too often they do not come up to expectation. Atlantis, The Palm of Dubai is a Hotel that delivers on many levels. As an example I used the room iron and it left a sticky residue on my trousers, I complained and as I had a dinner reservation for 07:30 (I called at 06:45) within 5mins I had spoke with a Manager, and a further 5 mins later my trousers were taken away, along with an additional pair to be pressed (FOC) so I can wear to my dinner. The mark was successfully removed and I had my trousers back later that night. When I think back to a so called 5 star Hotel in Turkey, where we were treated with contempt at a room issue, it highlights the huge chasm between levels of service. Ok the cost of this Hotel seems a lot for people to consider, but being treated as special, along with being in a very special place - it is totally worth that little bit extra. The rooms were well kept and we had two double beds in our room with a lovely toilet/bath/shower. Most of our time was spent using the fantastic play areas in the Aquaadventure area or walking along the beach front. We were very happy to see alot of life guards throughout the area, and they were all very attentive and interacted in most friendly way with our kids and ourselves. We felt more at ease on the 2nd day when we realised how 'protected' our children were in this huge adventure playground. That is worth a lot in itself. The restaurants we went to were fantstatic -Saffron was a great place to eat Asia-Pacific food, with Singapore Mud Crab/Noodles/Suschi being my favourites, there was also a huge chocolate fountain with fruit and marshmallows to choose from. We also ate at the Seafire Restaurant and this was more of a meat affair, and the setting was quite lovely, my wifes meals was fantastic, although I would not have said fantastic for my choices. Our only regret is we did not stay at the Hotel the entire time, but we would happily head there again next year and stay the full 10 days. Although we felt the extra we paid for the "Imperial Club' was a waste and we would not do that again. Although if we hadnt we would not have bumped into Julia Roberts in the lift on our first morning!! Cool

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Cooly1969
Reviewed March 1, 2011

Is this a genuine quality 5* resort or an expensive gimmick? I'd say it's a bit of both. The foyer sculptures and aquarium are undeniably stunning. Kids & Club Rush are excellent, but there isn't quite enough there to justify the price for me: Aquaventure is good but Wild Wadi is better; and, despite our 'upgrade' the rooms are nothing special (disappointed ours didn't get cleaned one day). F&B choice was badly let down by an astonishing lack of beer brands - only 2 draught beers in the entire resort! Apparently the worlds discerning traveller only requires generic bland bottled lager (unlike the rest of Dubai) - unforgiveable. Other comments: no free wi-fi to be found; long long walks to get anywhere; free valet parking; too many hidden extras; sad view of the empty lots on the Palm; overpriced F&B (obviously); excellent staff; better value for money elsewhere.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family