“Not worth the money”

Ranked #99 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
Essex
“Not worth the money”
Reviewed April 2, 2010

We stayed at the Atlantis for 1 week in March 2010 and were pretty disappointed with it. We booked an imperial room which gave us access to the Imperial lounge which was very good. The room itself was nothing special, didn't have a full balcony only a french balcony which we obviously couldn't sit out on. The level of service from the housekeeping dept was a total joke. Each day after our room had been cleaned something had not been replaced i.e toiletries, coffee etc. Every day we had to ring down to ask for an item to be replaced and at one time had to wait 3 hours before we called back to chase it up. We have stayed in many different 5 star hotels in Dubai and always the service has been faultless, the Atlantis however was sadly lacking.
The main lobby of the hotel was packed all the time with non residents who visit to see the aquarium. It was often difficult to move around without getting barged out the way by someone with their camera.
The water park & dolphin area of the hotel are a little distance away from the main hotel and the hotel provides carts to take the residents to these areas. Sadly these were not regular and often full.
The dolphin experience was very well run & we had a great time there, also the water park was good.
The restaurants were great and the beach & pool areas were also lovely but this hotel is let down by it's service in certain areas which you would expect better of for this class & price of hotel in Dubai.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Net6942

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,679)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Romsey, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 2, 2010

Just returned from the Hotel and although I can say it was great to go and look at and to see what the fuss was all about (and it does have some wow factors to it),I just feel that you can go anywhere hot in the world and get the same kind of experience....for a lot less money.

I can't say anything bad about the destination, but I think once you have been there,you have no need to go back

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
dublin
Reviewed April 2, 2010

I went to dubai with my family in mid Feb. My parents wanted to stay in the Jumeriah Beach as we had stayed there before and it was a wonderful hotel,but i convinced them to stay in the Atlantis the palm. We had an amazing holiday in the Atlantis from the very friendly staff, the excellent restaurants, Free waterpark access and swimming with the dolphins(an experience i will never forget). The rooms were very spaceous and each room overlooked the beach or the pools. Although the beach wasn't as good as the Jumeriah beach, the pools made up for that. After our amazing holiday my parents were definitely convinced that this hotel was truely amazing and we will definitely be returning. This hotel is great for family's and teenagers as i really enjoyed myself.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank Holiday4561
London, England
Reviewed March 30, 2010

I visited the Atlantis Dubai after a recommendation from friends who have stayed at a number of hotels in Dubai, and this was my first visit to the UAE. I am glad I listened to their advice as it was the best holiday I have ever had !

The Atlantis is an amazing hotel which has pretty much anything you could want. When I arrived I was offered an upgraded room and so I had a room on the 20th floor looking out over the Palm.

The private beach was kept immaculate and the pool area and beach were well supervised by life guards and it felt very safe.

They have so many staff working there and every single person I interacted with, made me feel like the most important guest and nothing was too much for them. The restaurants have a great selection and you can either go to a casual dining place or very expensive restaurants like Nobu - it caters for all tastes. I have travelled alone before and it is normal to be put in the corner and left, however they made sure Iwas near the live entertainment and gave me extra attention to ensure I had everything I required.

Aquaventure is a brilliant water park and is included in your hotel booking. Again the place has so much to do, is amazingly clean and is so safe. If I had young children I would have felt safe to have given them a little more space to play than other holiday destinations. The hotel have security in lots of key places as there are a lot of non-hotel guests and this gives you a good sense of security. All of these staff are very curtious and always opened doors for you and wished you a pleasant stay.

There was only one time when there was a minor problem. For my last night I ordered room service (steak) and after 45minutes rang to see if there had been a delay. They apologised as they were very busy and they would be up in 10mins. 2 mins later there is a knock at my door and the Assistant Manager is there to apologise for the delay, offered my dinner for free and then offered a free bottle of wine. My meal then arrived 2mins after that. Once I finished my dinner the phone rang and they checked to see if I enjoyed my meal and again apologised for the delays. I couldn't have asked for better service.

I know that the hotel is expensive, however I knew that before I went and as some people have already commented on, you don't have to eat in the most expensive restaurants. You can also get a taxi in to the City and then eat at cheaper places.

I strongly recommend this hotel to people as the service is brilliant and the staff reallyt make you feel at home.

I am already planning my next trip and have sent an email to the Manager, which I have never felt compelled to do on all my other holidays!!!
P.S. Anyone who moaned about the hotel either being noisey or the beds are too hard, I really don't understand this. The hotel is very large (1,300 rooms) and there is a great night life/entertainment so there will be some noise, but then you aren't staying in a small B&B in Torquay !
Also I have back problems and I thought the bed was very comfortable !

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank Richyrich79
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 30, 2010

We stayed at Atlantis for seven nights and six days in March 2010.
We were checked in quickly as we arrived late and also given a complimentary upgrade to a Altantis Room. I had booked a deluxe room as these were situated on the lower floors and I'm not very good with heights. It turns out our upgrade was to the 18th floor!! However, I honestly didn't have a problem once I got used to it and the view was worth it! I was even sat on balcony every day!

We could not fault the hotel or its amenities. We wanted a relaxing stay and decided not to venture too far, and we didn't really need to as everything you could possibly want or need was there. We ate at the hotel restaurants every night, the Seafire twice, Rostang, Locatelli and Saffron buffet. The main meal choices in Saffron, were a little not to my liking (but that is only personal taste - my other half loved it!) We could not fault a meal we had anywhere, all food was exceptional, and breakfast was enough to last us until evening!!

Cleanliness of the hotel was exceptional and all of the staff we encountered were so polite and helpful without being overbearing.

Some people mention the business of the public areas and it is true that at times it can be quite busy around the Aquarium, but not so as to affect our holiday detrimentally. Overall I thought that the rest of the hotel was quite quiet, there was always plenty of space around you by the pool/beach and in the bars and restaurants. We visited the waterpark in the mornings when it was quietest and usually left to go to the Royal pool about 1pm as the waterpark got busier. And anyway the hotel pools were much more relaxing but it was nice to have the choice.

The only fault of the hotel was its distance from Dubai, (about 10-15 mins taxi ride), however, if you want a holiday where you can relax and chill out in fantastic surroundings with no stress, the Atlantis is perfect.

Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Charley007
england
Reviewed March 30, 2010

We had such a lovely time, we travelled with our 4 year old son and the water park was amazing. Once you get a chance to walk around the hotel and get your bearings there was so much to look at. The aquarium inside, free to guests, was probably the best I've seen and it was interesting to see tourists coming in from different walks of life.
The only thing I would advise is to request a room higher than the 4th floor palm facing. We requested palm facing however there is a bar just below where the music was so loud we had to move room at midnight, apparently the music did not cease until 12.30pm and perhaps this is bearable if you are dining rather later than we did with our 4 year old. We ended up having the 'only room available' on the other side of the hotel with sea view, very much a poor result compared to the palm view but for us to have the peace and quiet to be able to sleep made this heaven.
The staff were wonderful and couldn't have been more amenable, they adore children and we felt extremely safe and looked after there. The food was the best we have ever eaten, we had a choice of 7 restaurants being half board and truly enjoyed it. One recommendation would be to go and look at the tallest buildnig in the world when the fountain show is on at dusk at the Emirates Mall, it was wonderful. If you want a truly relaxing lazy holiday with perfect weather then we would recommend it 100%.

Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank sandy1234Sandy1234
oxford
Reviewed March 29, 2010

Me and my beautiful wife stayed here for 7 amazing nights.We loved every moment at this hotel from breakfest to pool to lunch to dolphin bay and the waterpark to dinner to bed...Not enough hours in the day and night.will definatly be back here in 2011.I hope they dont change anything.Thank You Atlantis for making our holiday Perfect.

We will be returning to Dubai (our favourite city in the world) in may 2010 and will be staying at the Jumeriah Beach hotel which is very similar, a resort with its own waterpark and restaurants.I hope they are as good as THE ATLANTIS THE PALM

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple