“An Overhyped Hotel”
Review of Atlantis, The Palm

Atlantis, The Palm
Ranked #111 of 557 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed October 20, 2009

A great property. The service levels however could be improved. Check in at 1 a.m. took a half hour as the room was not as per our specification. Thankfully we got upgraded and got An Atlantis room instead of the normal room. The king bed was too small to fit my daughter alongwith us so we opted for another extra bed besides the one for my son.
The breakfast spread was great but an irritant was the wait to get in . When one pays in excess of $500 per room surely being made to wait to enter the restaurant is very onerous.
Another upsetting issue was the fact that my teenage son who got the enrty to club rush was not told that id is required (which beat me as only after showing the id was he issued the pass when we checked in). When he went to the club which was a good 15 minute walk he was told that the id was needed and then he came back in tears and in no mood to go back
The Lost at Atlantis and the water park was great and as such we had a great time.
Summing up I wish to say that though a great resort The Atlantis is not an Hotel which makes its guests feel pampered which they have the right as they are pay in in excess of $500 per day.
For pampering please go somewhere else. The Atlantis is like a Las Vegas hotel without the casino

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank prasan68

Reviewed October 18, 2009

Great hotel but expensive. The hotel is big and looks like a fairytale, very nice decorated walls, aquariums (Lost Chambers is free for guest and is worth a visit). Also the water park Aquaventure is very nice, I really enjoyed it ! The hotel is very big and on every corner you're about to discover something interesting. Food is expensive (breakfast is 140dh and dinner even more) but very good. We ate at Saffron and Kaleidoscope restaurant. Rooms were clean, beds and bathroom great. You get free fruit and a bottle of water at your room. We had a room on the 11 floor. A taxi to this hotel is around 95 AED(night ) and I think 60 AED (day). The hotel is expensive but it's worth it and you only live once so just go ! Spectacular hotel, great service I hope to go again to this hotel ! THE MYTH COMES ALIVE IN THIS HOTEL ! We loved it !

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 18, 2009

friendly staff , gorgeous view,fun fun aquapark and nice sandy beach.

Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 17, 2009

Not going to go on about the hotel itself , you know huge , luxurious ....etc I am sure it's all been talked about before ....

However , things that really annoyed me and confused me during my 2 days stay are :

- Room without balcony described as a room with a balcony ?!
We were told that that we were upgraded and that our room has a balcony. When we got to the room , it wasn't my idea of a balcony , it was a sliding door that opens on a ten inch wide balcony , that's not a balcony. After a 30 minutes argument with reception staff they agreed to move us to a new room on a higher floor.

- The new room did have a balcony yipee ! but smelled badly of cigarettes and the ceiling was developing some king of a grey moldy coat . It was huge still whwn I mentioned it to the maintenance guy he seemed surprised !

- It was my birthday and my wife made the point of letting the restaurant staff know , nothing not even a mention when we went there . I don't really care but I know some people would find it nice if someone acknowledged it .

- The seafood platter we were served at the Seafire restaurant was made of frozen seafood that tasted of absolutely nothing . I expected a bit more from a hotel with a 'sea theme' . We told the restaurant manager but were still charged for half of it !!

I haven't been to other restaurants but what I noticed it a huge queue every morning in front of the main restaurant ( i am guessing that's the half board area...)

Apart from that , yes the water park is nice and oh I really enjoyed the service at the pool bar .

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Najib O
Reviewed October 11, 2009

We stayed in Atlantis last September together with our kids.There are really many attractions for the kids and guests. We all enjoyed especially the Aquaventure, attached to the resort.
A huge aquarium, full with plenty of fish inside at the corridor of the Hotel was very interesting. Hotel rooms are large and comfortable.Our rate was without breakfast and if you wish to eat in the hotel, resaturants are really expensive(Breakfast around 40 USD)
and as the hotel is located on the Palm there isnt anything around the hotel on the walking distance, so you have to take a taxi for any of your needs.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 6, 2009

The Atlantis is awesome in scale and it's delivery of a complete self-contained luxury resort in the most exciting leisure capital on the planet.
From the size and quality of the even the most basic room to the range of restaurants, a fantastic spa and overall design that can only be described as "Bond-esque", you soon run out of superlatives to describe this true 5 star resort thats built on a sea-world type water park.
With all it has to offer in excellent facilities, the staff seem to be genuinely concerned that your experience lives up to the potential that such a 'grand design' offers.
Be sure to try the spectacularly designed and situated Ossiana restaurant that serves michellin star style food in a setting straight out of a Bond movie... jaw droppingly awesome!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank reikizenman
Reviewed October 6, 2009

There are no other words to describe our stay other than amazing...
The staff went out of their way to make our stay incredible and relaxing.
Our children aged 5 and 7 had a ball and loved every minute of it.
After reading reviews prior to our going out we were simply dreading it but i have to say that it lived up to all expectations and more..
Will definately 100% return again....
LOVED IT