“refreshing and amazing”
Review of Atlantis, The Palm

Atlantis, The Palm
Ranked #118 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed October 18, 2009

friendly staff , gorgeous view,fun fun aquapark and nice sandy beach.

Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (17,756)

Reviewed October 17, 2009

Not going to go on about the hotel itself , you know huge , luxurious ....etc I am sure it's all been talked about before ....

However , things that really annoyed me and confused me during my 2 days stay are :

- Room without balcony described as a room with a balcony ?!
We were told that that we were upgraded and that our room has a balcony. When we got to the room , it wasn't my idea of a balcony , it was a sliding door that opens on a ten inch wide balcony , that's not a balcony. After a 30 minutes argument with reception staff they agreed to move us to a new room on a higher floor.

- The new room did have a balcony yipee ! but smelled badly of cigarettes and the ceiling was developing some king of a grey moldy coat . It was huge still whwn I mentioned it to the maintenance guy he seemed surprised !

- It was my birthday and my wife made the point of letting the restaurant staff know , nothing not even a mention when we went there . I don't really care but I know some people would find it nice if someone acknowledged it .

- The seafood platter we were served at the Seafire restaurant was made of frozen seafood that tasted of absolutely nothing . I expected a bit more from a hotel with a 'sea theme' . We told the restaurant manager but were still charged for half of it !!

I haven't been to other restaurants but what I noticed it a huge queue every morning in front of the main restaurant ( i am guessing that's the half board area...)

Apart from that , yes the water park is nice and oh I really enjoyed the service at the pool bar .

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Najib O
Reviewed October 11, 2009

We stayed in Atlantis last September together with our kids.There are really many attractions for the kids and guests. We all enjoyed especially the Aquaventure, attached to the resort.
A huge aquarium, full with plenty of fish inside at the corridor of the Hotel was very interesting. Hotel rooms are large and comfortable.Our rate was without breakfast and if you wish to eat in the hotel, resaturants are really expensive(Breakfast around 40 USD)
and as the hotel is located on the Palm there isnt anything around the hotel on the walking distance, so you have to take a taxi for any of your needs.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 6, 2009

The Atlantis is awesome in scale and it's delivery of a complete self-contained luxury resort in the most exciting leisure capital on the planet.
From the size and quality of the even the most basic room to the range of restaurants, a fantastic spa and overall design that can only be described as "Bond-esque", you soon run out of superlatives to describe this true 5 star resort thats built on a sea-world type water park.
With all it has to offer in excellent facilities, the staff seem to be genuinely concerned that your experience lives up to the potential that such a 'grand design' offers.
Be sure to try the spectacularly designed and situated Ossiana restaurant that serves michellin star style food in a setting straight out of a Bond movie... jaw droppingly awesome!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank reikizenman
Reviewed October 6, 2009

There are no other words to describe our stay other than amazing...
The staff went out of their way to make our stay incredible and relaxing.
Our children aged 5 and 7 had a ball and loved every minute of it.
After reading reviews prior to our going out we were simply dreading it but i have to say that it lived up to all expectations and more..
Will definately 100% return again....
LOVED IT

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family

My one & only moan about the Atlantis is------
Why certain people thought it was a good idea to walk around the Hotel, pool area & grounds in the dressing gown & slippers provided in their room by the Hotel.
Everything about the Atlantis is fantastic, & I personally cannot wait to go again.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mamasav
Reviewed October 5, 2009

Having visited many 5 star hotels in various countries this hotel is far superior to any other I have stayed in. Even though we arrived in the early hours of the morning, the check in staff were extremely friendly and willing to help as much as they could. Check in was very efficient and we were made to feel welcome from our first moments in the hotel. We were greeted my smiling faces by all of the staff, whether it was by the pool, in the restaurants, concierge or housekeeping staff.
The rooms were elegantly decorated, and spacious. We stayed in the deluxe rooms and the finishing was superb. The beds were very comfortable and often hard to pull myself out of in the mornings. Rooms were extremely just like the rest of the hotel.
The food in the restaurant was out of this world, there was an excellent choice of food that catered for everyone. However I would suggest going half board as it saves an awful lot of money. The pool was a relaxed place to be, and the pool staff were very helpful and constantly on hand if you needed anything. Also due to the hot temperatures the pool staff offers ice lollies and chilled flannels free of charge in order to keep cool. There is also a sunglasses cleaning service while you sit by the pool. The pool side menu is brilliant with plenty of choice.
The aquaventure is fantastic and great fun and is also free for hotel a guest which is a bonus. The rapids and torrent are a great way to see just how big the water park is as it travels around the entire park. Also once again the staff are extremely friendly. The aquarium is brilliant and also free for hotel guests. The huge ambassador lagoon is a massive hit with its huge shark and hundreds of species of aquatic creatures.
We were also lucky enough to experience the dolphin bay; this was fantastic and very fun. The staff were very funny and made the experience even better. There was plenty of opportunities to get up close to the dolphins, the entire program is very informative and a lot of fun.
Overall this hotel is out of this world, and I would recommend it to anyone. Despite the reviews in read before I went, I found it difficult to understand some of the comments made. However I can’t see me or my family staying anywhere else when we return to Dubai as this hotel is superb.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family