“great!!”
Review of Atlantis, The Palm

Atlantis, The Palm
Ranked #110 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed September 10, 2009

was a bit concerned over some of the negative reviews, but we must have stayed at a different place, because we thought it was great. we were their on our 31st wedding avnniversary and the place staff and weather could not have been better ( well the prices could have been a bit cheaper £8 for beer!!) easist thing is to get one of the very cheap taxis and go up town and eat and drink there, The walk at JBR is good for both food and drink

Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tiredoutUk

Reviewed September 10, 2009

I've watched the reviews for this hotel carefully over the months since it opening, and am happy to report that we had a much better experience than customers who went when it first opened.

Check-in was very busy but efficiently managed. Lessons have obviously been learnt, with maps and a guide on restaurants/happy hours etc given to us on arrival so that we could take advantage of the best deals.

Room was perfectly ok, although nothing amazing - I did however like the fact that the screen between the bath and bedroom could be opened so that I could watch the main TV whilst soaking in the tub.

We had no problems with the bill on departure (following previous reviews we checked very carefully). It's definitely a good idea to eat relatively early to avoid queuing (this suited us best anyway) - the breakfast choice is particular was fantastic and I quickly got into the habit of having a mixture of eastern and western food for breakfast!

We had a great time at the waterpark - my husband skinned his knees and every member of staff (lots!) asked if he needed assistance/plasters etc; we also used all of the different pools (and the beach) and enjoyed them all. My only 'complaint' is that the shades on the sunbeds do not cover the bottom of your legs which made it a little tricky to relax.

Above all, the staff were extremely friendly and quick to smile - from the doormen, cleaners, restaurants, front desk and liftmen. This was a pleasant surprise and really made the stay more welcoming. Value was better than I expected as I'd seen reviews of a can of coke costing £7 - this frankly is complete nonsense. Yes it's more expensive than a lot of places but we had massive meals in the buffet restaurant for around £20 per person, and if you need more water in your room - just ask the staff, we had no problem getting more.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2009

My Father & I visited Atlantis the Palm for 3 nights in August 2009. Despite looking at reviews that said Dubai was unbearable in the heat. We arrived at around 8am thinking that they would not have our room ready for us so we would be waiting around but they had a room and we went straight up. Staff where friendly and helpful and our room was wonderful. I would recommend getting a room facing the palm not the ocean as the view is a bit boring. As we stayed we had free access to the aquarium and the waterpark which were both excellent. There is also a long private beach for only guests to enjoy. Even though it was 40 degrees and higher everyday the heat was bearable for a short trip for some sun. As long as your by the pool or at the waterpark the heat is fine but make sure you wear flip flops to the water the floor will burn your feet. The hotel is nice and cool as it is air conditioned throughout.
We didn't leave the hotel during the day and spent our time at Aqua adventure then by the pool, the water park was amazing and the staff are so friendly. The only thing is they could do with a few more water rides and finding the slides was a bit tricky. We could always get a sun bed by the pool which was also really helpful.
The only negative point is that the food is quite expensive and is a lot cheaper outside of the resort. We usually ate in the water park in Shark Bites for lunch and had dinner either in one of the many restaurants or outside at a Mall. Also it is quite expensive to go to the waterpark and if we hadn't of got in free we would have only gone the once. The other thing is that both of the pools dont get deeper than about 2 metres which was annoying.
We also did the shallow water dolphin experience which was amazing.
On our last day our flight was at 2am and we had checked out and was worrying about what we would do with our bags and what we would do about showers as we had the whole day with no room. There is a place in reception to store your luggage and a hospitality room with large lockers to keep your belongings during the day until your departure. This was extremely helpful. There are also showers for you to use so after another day by the pool there was no need to worry about not having a room.

Overall the stay was amazing, the staff where friendly and the food was good, but overpriced. I did not want to come home and I would definitely visit again.

• Stayed: August 2009
Reviewed September 9, 2009

Fantastic hotel, the buffet was the best I've ever seen and its my business to know. Staff incredibly nice and helpful. Its not cheap but you get what you pay for here. Kids facilities looked great. Water park was great fun. (We were on business trip really!) Would go back and recommend it as a top quality hotel.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed September 8, 2009

Expensive but excellent, get taxi from airport to hotel, buffet meals pricey but wonderful. Aquaventure great for kids, we loved it!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed September 8, 2009

My wife and I just got back from Atlantis. We were there for our honeymoon and this was our first visit to Dubai. We stayed in the Imperial Club room on the 12th floor (same floor as the Imperial Lounge Club room).

We arrived at the hotel at 8:30am, even though the check in was at 2pm, they set us up with a room and sent our bags up with no issues. This was a bonus as we were able to freshen up and enjoy breakfast after a long flight.

The hotel is very very big, it was amazing. Our room was a nice size as well. I was very glad with the size of the bathroom, it was very spacious.

The water park was so much fun. We stayed away from it on Friday and Saturday because it was very busy, the line ups were long and the lazy river was packed.

The restaurants and bars were nice, a little expensive but what can you do.

We had to leave the hotel at 7am in order to be at the airport on time. At this time breakfast would have just started, so we decided to order breakfast to our room for 6am. I was so suprised that room service knocked on the door exactly at 6am.

I was totally impressed with the service at the hotel. The staff are very freindly as we were always greeted where ever we went.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 8, 2009

We have just returned from a 6 night break at the palm and it truly was amazing.

When we arrived I asked for a room upgrade as we were there to celebrate my partners 30th birthday and they did this without any problem and we were put in the west tower on the 14th floor with a lovely view over the hotel pool and palm.

The rooms were lovely and were cleaned twice a day, the beds were really comfortable with feather duvets and pillow's. You had an ice bucket in the room which you could go and fill up in the ice room which are on every floor. The mini bar in the room is a little bit expensive I paid £3 for a can of diet pepsi also I used the phone and it cost me £28 for a 6 minute call so I would advise using your mobile.

On the evening of Terry's birthday the maid arrived with 15 beautiful red roses and she had made 2 swan's on the bed out of the towels and he was given a lovely cake and card in the seafire resturant.

The food was really really good the best I've ever had and we have been to alot of places and this was by far the best, we went half board which was really good value because you had to have the breakfast but you could choose either lunch or dinner for your second meal of the day and both were really good and in the evening you had a choice of 4-5 resturants.

The hotel is so clean and there is people cleaning it 24/7.

The pool was lovely but we didn't buy drinks from the bar we bought the water down from the room and just got glasses of ice. When your around the pool in the day time they bring you iced flannels which was very nice given that it was 49 degress most days!

The water park is amazing and we went there for 4 days out of the 6.

In the evening we drunk in the nassimi bar as it was half price on a large sselection of drinks.

The hotel staff are all so helpful and nothing is a problem, keeping the customer happy really is number one to them.

The cold stone in the avenue's does the best milkshakes they are a little pricey at £6 but are to die for.

I would reccomend getting your money changed up at the airport in Dubai as they give you a much better exchange rate than anywhere in the U.K also it is worth buying alchol to have in your room at the airport as it is dear to buy at the hotel and saves you a bit of money, we went to the Dubai mall whne we arrived and bought some coke, diet coke to use as mixers and crips for snack's which worked out cheaper than the U.K.

I would highly recommend a trip to al karama for some good and cheap copies of handbags, clothes ect...

Overall we had a really lovely time and would love to thank all the staff at the Atlantis for making our trip so enjoyable.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple