“Simply Amazing”

Atlantis, The Palm
Ranked #121 of 563 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed April 1, 2009

Hi,
The wife and I stayed her for 4 nights in march. I can honestly say this place is truly amazing. The staff and service were brillant. This is a very very clean resort there are always people cleaning.

We visited the 2 buffett restaurants on the resort and found the variety and quality of food was excellent. A little pricey for me though(150cdn for 2, without alcohol).

The pools and water park were excellent, there is also a very large night club on the property that was very busy in the evening. Great atmosphere and music.

I can go on and on..but trust me you will not be dissapointed

3  Thank atlantisluver
Write a ReviewReviews (17,962)

Reviewed April 1, 2009

Having been to Dubai previously and stayed at the wonderful Jumeriah Beach hotel I didn't think I could be as thrilled about another hotel in Dubai - but I was wrong!

The Atlantis Palm is a another "one off" in Dubai, its location at the top of the Palm is fantastic from a scenery point of view, but not that convenient if you want to visit the Creek in Old Dubai which almost an hour by taxi due to the heavy traffic.

We stayed on the "Club Floor" (12th floor) which had its own breakfast/lounge area which had a fantastic view of Dubai, the Burj al Arab and Jumeriah Beach area. This lounge was nice to visit other times of the day where you could get a drink and sit quiet as the rest of the hotel was always busy with lots of people around. The acquarium was great and the Lost Chambers (free to guests) is a must. Also free to guests, is entrance to the adjacent water park and it doesn't matter how old you are this place is fun! I plonked myself in a "rubber ring" and drifted around the lazy river and the rapids for hours on end! Some of the water rides are a bit scary, but most of them are just good fun - but all of them are unusual, like drifting in your rubber ring along a transparent tunnel with fish and sharks swimming all around the transparent tunnel.

There is lots of choice of Restaurants, most of them quite expensive, and the drinks are also fairly expensive - but a lot of this is due to the drop in the pound when exchanging money. The weather was quite pleasant at this time of year, averaging about 23-25 degrees.

We did the desert trip (with Arabian Adventures) in four wheel drive vehicles which was great fun and recommended, provided you don't suffer from any sort of car sickness because the bumping around is serious stuff.

All in all, a great 4 nights spent at the Atlantis Palm.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ladywithasuitcase
Reviewed March 26, 2009

after reading some of the other reviews i was getting a bit worried about my choice of hotel for my 40th . arrived early in the morning which i thought might have been a problem but they could not have been more helpful my travel agent had already told them it was my birthday so our room was upgraded ( which was beautiful ) the hotel itself is immaculate not a thing out of place on there weekend which is a friday and Saturday you do get a lot of tourists coming to look at the amazing aquarium ,and lost chambers which was unbelievable but you can deal with that as they cant use the swimming pools or beach. the pools are excellent especially the zero entry pool which is fantastic for young children mine are 9+6. kids club 10 / 10 breakfast 10/10 dinner 10/10 as a resident you get unlimited access to the water park as well a saving of about £ 200 for a family of 4 water park .at night head for the chill out area on the beach with there own resident DJ and sax player you feel totally relaxed on the huge bean bags that are scattered on the grass and beach the whole place was amazing me and my family loved everything about it and was so glad we stayed there rather than the other boring 5*hotels

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
4  Thank simon241
Reviewed March 25, 2009

We were transited through Dubai from Canada to Asia. We decided to spent three days in Dubai to see what everyone was talking about. We spent a good deal of time researching the various reviews, and following the various forums...which were very helpful...Thank-you "Latimer."

After all this research, we decided that we really wanted to experience Atlantis. The problem in my mind was the value for the money we were spending. Considering that almost the same resort in the Bahamas is a 3 hour flight away from us, and is priced at nearly half the price as the Dubai Atlantis, we opted to maximize our time, and minimize the cost as much as possbile.

As mentioned, we spent three nights in Dubai. However, we only spent one of those nights at Atlantis. You may think that shuttling between three hotels in three days is hassle, and it is, a bit. I think we lost about an hour of our time in Dubai because of this. However, the difference in price saved us about $1,600 USD, and our non-Atlantis hotel was very close to the airport which made for a convenient departure.

We arrived in Dubai on Tuesday afternoon, checked into our hotel in Deira (I'll write another reveiw about that one), and then promptly starting checking out Dubai, including ski-dubai. The next morning, we had breakfast, checked-out of our first hotel, and checked into Atlantis by about 11:00. Again, after reading the reviews, we felt the imperial club would be the best value for the two adults and our two children aged 7 and 9. Considering a can of 7-up costs approximitely $8, and a cup of tea was closer to $10, I think was a good deal.

Since we checked in early (they only had 78 rooms booked that day), we were shown the club lounge, and then promptly had something to eat. We then headed off to the waterpark for a fun-filled day. As the sun was setting, we went over to the Dolphin area followed by some relaxing time by the beach....these beaches are no carribean by any stretch of the imagination, but the little fish on the shoreline and the abundant shells kept our kids happy.

We went back to the room, got ready, and then headed off to the lounge. We had missed afternoon tea, which I am told included sandwhiches. The afternoon snacks were plenty for us. They had a chef who made a wonderful smoked salmon appetizer. We are not big eaters...especially our kids, and this was more than enough for us to eat to consider this dinner. Later in the evening, we strolled down to the lounge to get some hot chocolate and some more snacks. The staff at the lounge were kind enough to deliver this to our room for us, which was a nice touch. They did the same thing in the morning when we requested a morning cup of tea....freshly brewed from loose tea leaves.

After "dinner", we went down to the lost chambers, and had a great time looking at the various exhibits here. A true highlight to our visit.

The next morning we woke up early and had a choice of two restaurants, or the lounge for breakfast. Despite the great reviews about the restaurants, we decided to eat in the lounge. We ate on the balcony overlooking the waterpark and the ocean, an enjoyed a full buffet, included eggs, bacon, toast, pastries, pancakes, juices, coffee/tea, cheeses, etc. This was more than plenty for us.

The staff at the lounge provided me with a laptop so that I could check and respond to e-mails. You get free WiFi with the imperial club, but need to request a password. It was much less hassle for the staff to just give me the computer for as long as I needed it.

The waterpark opens at 10:00 am, so in the meantime, we went to the pool, which was quiet and quite relaxing. Close to 10:00 we headed off for our second round at the waterpark. We spent another couple of hours there, went back to the lounge for some lunch, packed and checked out by 3:00. We were told that the kids club was included with the lounge, and almost put the kids into it while we packed, but they were content just hanging out with us.

We left Dubai early next morning from our hotel in Deira, enjoying our trip to Atlantis and Dubai. The resort itself is beautiful. The staff is curteous and helpful. The rooms are a good size, and very clean. The beds are comfortable. The lounge is well stocked, and worth every penny to considering the price of food and drinks elsewhere...you also get a higher floor for your room with better views of the palm. The aquarium is amazing and the lost chambers are fantastic. I would go back. When our kids truly appreciate fine food, we would consider a longer stay as to try out the various restaurants. Until then, I think one night is enought to get a lot out of the resort.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank DBM24
Reviewed March 21, 2009

I took my husband to Dubai for his 40th Birthday as a surprise and chose the Atlantis to stay in. What a fantastic choice. The hotel is absolutely amazing, the service is exceptional the room was wonderful and the buffet breakfast is just out of this world. I can not praise the hotel enough. Wonderful pool, lovely views, great water park, fantastic club and the staff are so accommodating. It took me a long while to decide which hotel I was going to choose to stay at and I am absolutely thrilled with the decision that I made. My husband said that this was probably the best experience of his life other than having our children, I don't think you can possibly beat that. This was a fantastic time to go to Dubai the temperature was perfect and the pools were really quiet. If taking a trip to Dubai I would highly recommend the culinary flight at the Burg Al Arab this was an amazing experience (don't eat to many nuts in the sky bar at the beginning as each course of the meal was huge and we were struggling by the end). Take a trip over Dubai in a seaplane as this will take your breath away. The jeep safari to a beduin camp in the desert is definately one to try as this was thoroughly enjoyable. I would highly recommend Arabian adventures for your trips as their service was impeccable. Avoid arabia horizons like the plague as they are absolutely hopeless! I would say that you could not possibly beat this hotel in any way. I would recommend this hotel to any one for a trip of a lifetime.

7  Thank Gemma42
Reviewed March 18, 2009

The hotel is beautiful, with a subtle sea theme. We found all the staff very helpful and they could not do enough for us. The rooms were big, 2 double beds and the bathroom even opened up into the bedroom,they were quiet and beds comfortableThere was always complimentary water but no special turn down service.
The food was good, we booked all the restaurants before we arrived as we were travelling with another family and did not want hungry children. We tended to have a very late breakfast/brunch as this would last us through to the evening meal. The variety in both breakfast restaurants was brilliant. If we did have lunch it was a bit pricey but what we had was tastey. We did not eat in any of the fine dining restaurants but all that we ate in were lovely.There were a couple of birthdays in our group and the restaurants provided a lovely cake for each occassion and one in the room.
The alcohol was silly money, we took some spirits with us so we could have a pre dinner drink. We took advantage of the happy hour at the Nasimi at 4 and enjoyed our drinks with a leisurely game of cards. The price of wine at dinner was very expensive and so we tended to drink beer or spirits. We didn't want alot to drink but the prices could not be justified.
We experienced the dolphins, it was well run and informative and lovely as a one off. Aquadventure was great fun, it is best to get there early or all the rings get taken. the rides are great fun. The aquarium is well worth a trip and the people who work there are very knowledgeable.
The pools were warm and we could always get a sun longer, the zero entry pool was our favourite with children. We did not use the beach much, the sand is very hard and crunchy! There are things to entertain the children: table tennis, basket ball, kite flying if they want todo something different.
All in all it was a very relaxing week, with good food and good company.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
8  Thank TreborLo
Reviewed March 18, 2009

I had already booked this trip before looking at the reviews on Trip Advisor so when I read them I was a bit concerned to say the least. I have to say that now I have been I don't know why everyone is belly aching about the facilities at this hotel. I found the staff to be extremely friendly and efficient. Yes it's a 5 star hotel and yes it is expensive but no more so than any other quality hotel all over the world and I have stayed in most (including the Burj al Arab which was also fantastic). None of the complaints I have read in all the reviews I found to be accurate or true, every request made of staff and house-keeping was effectively carried out in record time. Room Service fantastic, delivered in less than 25 minutes. Bar Staff and Waiters extremely co-operative and attentive. We tried six of the main restaurant and loved them all, the best in our opinion was the Seafire Restaurant and special accolade needs to go to Anthony Ractliff the Operation Manager who was extremely attentive, pleasant and very informative. We spent over 15 minutes talking to him on the two occasions we were in the restaurant, well done Anthony and we will see you on our next visit to the truly amazing Atlantis Hotel.

We upgraded to the Imperial Club which in our opinion was good value for money (very much like the Executive Club in the Jumeira Beach Hotel but better). You pay for what you get, confront and solve issues and problems with management when or if they happen or just go to Blackpool and enjoy the beach! International travel is about experiencing the journey and enjoying yourself.

This is the first time I have ever put comments onto a website like this but I felt compelled to as I felt the hotel is being unfairly commented on.

7  Thank shanksters