“You won't want to leave”
Review of Atlantis, The Palm

Atlantis, The Palm
Ranked #101 of 546 Hotels in Dubai
Aldershot, United Kingdom
“You won't want to leave”
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Amazing hotel, so well themed, glamorous and amazing. Staff so attentive to your needs, fabulous room, resort caters for everyone. Loved the lost chambers and waterpark. Everywhere was spotlessly clean. Best restaurant was Saffron, excellent choice for vegetarians. We will be back

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sarah16072013
Serge_Zaalof, President and Managing Director at Atlantis, The Palm, responded to this review, August 21, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.

I am glad to read that you found our resort to be amazing and that our staff were all attentive to your needs. Thank you for all your kind words and I look forward to welcoming you again in a not too distant future.

President and Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,707)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

It was hard to decide how many days to stay in this hotel because of the reviews. I wanted to go there because of my son but I was so frightened when I read bad reviews here that I didn't know what to expect.

Facts:
Long lines to check in:
I checked in on 27th June at mid day. It was 20 minutes and really smooth.
Staff:
I read people were treated unkindly in lots of reviews in TA. I wonder if it was the same hotel. We were treated like royalty. People complain because they must show the room keys to wonder around the hotel. It's the rules so if you follow everything will be fine.
Sun beds:
Yes I knew people take the sun beds early around the pool so I didn't care and went to the Beach were lots of sun beds were available. Then later when the pool was less crowded I could go there and enjoy. There is so much to do and see in this hotel.
Breakfast:
Reading people complaining about the queues I decided to bring my food from the supermarket and have breakfast in the room. We don't need much food in the morning so it was not difficult.
Club floor:
people chose this because of the availability of food and this is not something that I consider because I don't
go on vacation to stuff myself with food.
Restaurants:
I was so afraid about the cost to eat during my 5 days stay in Atlantis because people wrote about it so nasty words. .
First We decided to order in room our lunch. It was good and not so expensive.
Then we tried the safron buffet for dinner €50 each it's not cheap. The food was nothing special.
We went to the Ronda Locatelli and we had the best meals of the entire stay. It's not expensive. We r Italians and we were amazed by the quality of the food.
We ate at the Shore and the food was delicious and not expensive but the ananas juice for €8 was hard to swallow. Then we tried different places to eat like Fast food hamburger, Asian food and it was affordable.
Of course there is the Nobu and the Ossiano if you want pay lots of money, we didn't eat there because it was very expensive for our budget.
Spa: felt like heaven. Also the gym was incredible.
Room:
We had a nice view to the Burj-al-Arab.
The room is comfortable, clean and had lots of free water.
Wifi:
I made the Skywards member from the Emirates Web site and we had Internet free. Also 15% discount off every meal in any restaurant. I made a skype video conference inside the beach water! in room wifi didn't have a very good signal.
Sea: so good. Clean and no jelly fish.
Aquaventure:
I loved! ! No queues maybe because of the season but it was delicious not very hot even if it was July. I have been in lots of waterparks in USA, Europe and Brasil, I really enjoyed the Aquaventure. Bring your havaianas because of the hot floor.
Lost chambers:
Beautiful, amazing
Taxi:
reading TA reviews I decided to skip the Atlantis Mercedes táxis and use the yellow taxi to go to Dubai Autodrome.
The driver was a thief. He took 50 minutes to arrive there where it should have been 20. We payed 130 Dirham where it should have been 45. So you need lucky I guess.
To go to the airport we took a transfer from Dubai Private Tour for €40. I know it's more expensive than the taxi but I didn't want to get robbed again.
Shuttle to the malls:
It gets full so prepare to arrive 15 min early. In the reception they have the schedule. I used once to go to the Mall of the Emirates and it was very useful.

I know there are things that they do wrong like charging for kids club for example. We didn't use it because my sun couldn't come to Dubai.

Overall we had a wonderful time in this hotel and we will return soon I hope.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank turista_profissional
Chengdu, China
Reviewed July 20, 2014

i had stay in this hotel on 18 July for 1 night only in 5409, at the night i call to guest service for a dental kit and sanitary pad for my aunt's room which was 5411, after more than 30min they call me back ask me what kind of pad i want then again few minutes later they call which size i want, for this moment i was a little bit upset , they should have know this kind of thing is urgent they should have sent immediately, i think nobody will upset because they give different style or size. then after around 2 hours they send it to the room while she slept already. and whole night no one send us the dental kit.....the next day i call for it again, after more 10min they send it and i was thankful at this time they did not ask me what size of dental kit do u want. i told the HKP guy the whole story but no one asked me about the problem i have faced during my stay. as well there were ants on the balcony carpet i guess it was not clean for many days......happy with the restaurant service and food in Saffron....

Room Tip: if u just want to stay in a famous hotel and you dont mind for the service at all you can choose thi...
1 Thank Letian S

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.

Whilst I am glad to read that you were happy with the service and quality of food in Saffron, I truly apologise for the communication issue and delay in providing you with the item that you required. Please be assured that your comment has been shared with the concerned department for review and action.

Thank you for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back at Atlantis, the Palm in the not too distant future.

Florence, Italy
Reviewed July 20, 2014

From the moment you land in Dubai you realize how efficient and gentle the population is. Atlantis is very special. A little kitsch maybe but unique and the personnel is very friendly and efficient. All worked great, from the moment we arrived to Tahoe moment we departed. The many species of fishes they show and the way they show it is amazing. Bravi!

1 Thank lorillo74

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.

I am very happy to read that you had a great experience with us and that you found our staff to be friendly and efficient. Thank you for recommending us on TripAdvisor and I look forward to welcoming you again in a not too distant future.

Rotherham
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Stayed here with my wife and 4 yr old son for 5 nights in July,we have been fortunate to have stayed in some lovely 5 star hotels in America,the Caribbean and Europe over the years,but nothing comes even close to this,l would describe it as the best experience of my life,from the second they greet you at the airport to the time they drop you back off you are treat like royalty,we booked to stay in an Imperial Club room with the half board option,which unless money is no object to you l would recommend,this isn't a cheap place to eat !!
On arrival we were offered an upgrade to an Ocean View Suite for 60AED per night which we took and when we saw the room we were so glad we had,it was enormous,more like an apartment than a hotel room.
The scale of the hotel has to be seen to be believed,and every square ins his kept pristine,the restaurants we went to were all fantastic,both the service and the food,we used the Imperial Club Lounge for breakfast as there aren't any queues.
We visited The Lost Chambers and the Aquaventure water park,both we're excellent.
The stand out thing though that made our holiday extra special we're the staff,every last one of them,they are all so nice,helpful an they just look happy to be there,but they really go that extra mile to make your stay a memorable one.
We came here to celebrate my birthday and on that day there was a birthday card and cake left in my room which was a nice touch.
We love this hotel and can't wait to come back one day,thanks to all the staff at Atlantis for making us feel like this.

Room Tip: Try to get in the East tower,fantastic views and if they offer you the upgrade at check in,take it,i...
3 Thank GLYORKS

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.

I am very pleased to read that you had a fantastic stay with us and sincerely appreciate all your positive comments, particularly on our staff. Please be assured that I will not miss to share your feedback with all my colleagues to encourage them to continue to provide a warm and engaging service to our guests.

Thank you once again for recommending us on TripAdvisor and we all look forward to welcoming you back at Atlantis, the Palm in the not too distant future.

Brighton
Reviewed July 20, 2014

What a superb, totally original, and luxurious resort hotel. My family and I (son 18 years, daughter 16 years and husband of 20 years!), arrived by private transfer at around 3 p.m in the afternoon and were immediatley greeted by doormen who took our luggage. What an amazing jaw dropping lobby area, so much to take in. We had booked a two bed executive suite and were immediately and efficiently checked in the the private and quiet lounge at the front of the lobby. We were quickly escorted by a sweet lady to the third floor and led to our suite. Oh my word! We were soooo excited; it was huge, beautiful, all newly refurbished, luxurious, simply gorgeous!! The images on the website do it no justice at all. We had a stylish entrance lobby leading into a huge sitting room with settees, t.v dining table, drawers, drinks prep area, an inner hall to a wardrobes and seperate spacious loo, Huge wall to wall sliding window doors leading to a lovely balcony and amazing views to the pool and beyond. There were double doors leading into the gorgeous master bedroom with further wall to wall window doors again leading onto the balcony with dining table for four and sun loungers. Another double door from the master bedroom led you into a sumptuous gorgeous bathroom and then onto an internal dressing room. So much space beautifully furnished everywhere. Back to the entrance into the sitting room was another door leading into the second equally beautiful bedroom with two queen size beds, bathroom, small balcony. All so immaculately clean, absolutely every little corner and crevice, clean and shiny. Big comfy bed and a totally silent air conditioning and perfectly set on auto; not too hot, not too cold. We sat down with the Atlantis representative and she explained the various features of the hotel, water-park, restaurants and map of the hotel and Imperial Club benefits. A great explanation and she kindly phoned through to make our dining reservations half an hour later. We had booked on a half board basis and already made dining reservations at Ronda Locatelli, Yuan, Saffron and Seafire Steakhouse, having acknowledged the additional supplement in Seafire. I was a little apprehensive about the impact of coming during Ramadan, however I needn't have worried. It seemed the only impact was that alchol would be served from 8 p.m in the evening which suited us fine. The whole hotel is such an experience wondering around and the Lost Chambers Aquarium has to be seen to be believed; beautiful and simply incredible. We had no difficulty finding sun loungers by the pool at any time of the day, the water park has the best rides ever (we thought better than T.L, B.B in floriday)! and no queues. Probably because it was a quiet time with the 40 plus degrees in temperature. Clearly that is hot, however we adapted really quickly and just walked around a lot slower than usual, and anyway we love hot sunny weather! Breakfast in Saffron was stunning; everything super fresh, cooked in front of you at the plethara of international food stations. Having been hit by F.P from a luxury hotel resort back in February it has made me cautious and wary - this food was being prepared with the finest standards and ingredients and so I knew I would be fine. My daughter and I alternated between chinese and dim sum, and the best breakfast curries and breads I have ever tasted. Our four dinners were incredible, so amazing that we may just come back to the A.P for the restaurants - I will be doing seperate reviews for them. The service from each and every member of staff that we encountered during our four day stay was pure perfection - always so polite, happy, professional and so willing to please. Everyone made us feel welcome and special. And thank you to Sky in the Imperial Club serving us our evening drinks so excellently each and every evening. And thank you to House Keeping. The highest standard I have ever come across in any five star hotel - absolutely unequaled. We all loved every minute of our four day stay and will definitely be back. Great place for families of all ages.

Room Tip: We loved our two bed executive suite.
4 Thank HellyStacey
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Atlantis, The Palm on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to read your detailed review of how superb your stay was with us and I wish to convey my sincere appreciation for your kind words. Please be assured that I will not miss to congratulate and recognise all the colleagues who have ensured that you have an amazing and memorable holiday.

Once again, I thank you for choosing us as your preferred holiday destination and I look forward to welcoming you back in a not too distant future.

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed July 20, 2014

The hotel is fantastic because if the way it was built but the location is a bit far from downtown Dubai, I had a very unpleasant experience with the service I warned a large taxi to take me to airport two adults and two children with eight suitcases I ask early in the day for a large taxi but the response was we don't know of we can get you one you may need to take two taxi couldn't believe it I said why did I book a large taxi if you can't help me I was very annoyed.but in the end they produce a large taxi.

Room Tip: We stayed I. A room with a beach view it was quite nice on the 3rd floor it was quite roomy .
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Atlantis, The Palm on TripAdvisor.

I am glad to read that you had a fantastic experience at the resort. Nevertheless, I truly regret to learn of the inconvenience you had in booking a taxi to take you to the airport. As a note, we cannot guarantee the availability of a particular type of car for the regular taxis which serve Dubai as a whole. Having said this, we do have various cars, including a mini van, within our own transportation fleet which can be booked at our Bell Desk or Concierge.

I thank you for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you again in a not too distant future.