“Best decision ever”
Review of Atlantis, The Palm

Atlantis, The Palm
Ranked #120 of 563 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Best accommodation I have stayed in my life. The people were amazing. Every single employee we passed would say good morning and will do anything for you.
Can't say enough good things about this place.

• Stayed: June 2014
Serge_Zaalof, President and Managing Director at Atlantis, The Palm, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us on TripAdvisor.

I am grateful to read of your appreciation about the courtesy and services rendered by our colleagues during your stay with us.

Once again, we thank you for your kind feedback and we look forward to welcome you back at Atlantis The Palm.

President and Managing Director

Write a ReviewReviews (17,930)

Reviewed June 3, 2014

My family and I have just returned from a seven night stay over the May half term holiday. My wife and I had stayed at the hotel last year and other than a problem when checking in and a delay in getting our room (quite a common occurrence it would seem), had a very enjoyable stay. Consequently we decided to take our children and grandchildren there this year to celebrate a special birthday.

Bear in mind is that the room you book will not necessarily be the room they will try to give you. Based on our previous experience we booked 3 Ocean view Deluxe Rooms which last year consisted of 2 Queen Beds, a balcony and an ocean view. We arrived at reception at 9:30 pm and joined the melee to check in and finally got access to a receptionist at 10:00 pm. We were surprised when he said that the rooms were available but the “roll out” beds were still to be put in them. In our planning and booking there was no need for roll out beds! The grandchildren were hungry and tired and the receptionist said that they could go to the Saffron restaurant to have something to eat and explain to the staff that the food vouchers would be brought down after they had been issued to those of us remaining in reception. The issuing and individual stamping of 70 vouchers takes an awful long time and it was 10:30 before we were able to join the rest of our party in the restaurant.

When we arrived the children were eating but the women were furious. At first they had been refused access without the vouchers and then, subsequently, a table for a party of 9 was not available without a reservation. When it was pointed out that we had made a reservation they said that we were more than 15 minutes late (caused by the late arrival of the inbound flight). However they couldn’t explain how they knew we were more than 15 minutes late if we didn’t have a reservation in the first place. In this instance the staff were difficult and rude and it took the restaurant manager’s intervention to resolve the issue. We then sat down for the meal but it turned out to be hardly relaxing as the air conditioning was turned off shortly after the restaurant’s scheduled closing time. The room got hot and stuffy very quickly and we quickly retired to our rooms.

When we arrived at our rooms a bed was being rolled into one of them (none of the others), they were not the configuration that we had booked, they were not ocean facing and, to make matters worse, they were on a smoking floor (floor 7 East wing) and stank of stale tobacco. At this point my patience finally broke and I found myself in reception shortly after midnight demanding three room changes.

Initially I was told that the hotel was full and that alternative rooms could not be found. However I stood my ground and by 1:00 am three acceptable rooms had been found on the third floor and we were promised 3 rooms on floor 17 of the West wing the following day configured in the manner that we had booked. Subsequently we were moving luggage between rooms at 1:30am in the morning, disturbing other guests in the process but enabling us to settle down at 1:45 am.

The following morning I went to visit the new duty manager to advise him of the problems of the previous evening and to make sure there were going to be no problems when the new rooms became available later that day. Although the rooms were Palm facing rooms (an upgrade apparently) they were not in the configuration that we had reserved and ultimately it became a case of compromise or spend all my holiday in reception arguing my case. So off we went to spend the day at the pool and waterpark confident that all would be resolved by the time we returned. No such luck. When we returned at 5:30, our luggage had been moved, but the roll out bed that was part of the compromise had not been delivered! This was resolved with a phone call but it is just indicative of the incompetence that prevails.

From this point onwards it was full speed ahead with our holiday – or so we thought! Imagine our surprise when two days later we returned to our room to find an additional roll out bed had been delivered. No reason given and easily resolved.

The final straw was when the credit on the card that I put behind the desk was exceeded but I wasn’t told. A message had been sent to the TV in the room asking me to call by reception. All very well if I was in the habit of checking messages on the TV on a regular basis which I was not. In fact the TV was never turned on. What this meant was that I was in the water park that afternoon buying drinks and ice creams for the children when my credit was refused. The cashier wanted me to go back to the hotel to get some cash which I refused to do. He then wanted the goods back until he realised that cans had been opened and lollies had been licked! All of this was easily sorted out when I got back to reception but it did cause my blood pressure to rise and as I pointed out the manager I get stress for free in the office!

In conclusion the staff always tried very hard to resolve my issues as best they could but at a hotel of this supposed quality this issues ought never to have occurred. The hotel did make a small reduction to my bill in compensation of the problems I had experienced even though I told them that I would sooner have had the service I had paid for. Overall we still managed to have a good holiday despite all attempts to make it otherwise.

Room Tip: Make sure you get at least what you booked!
3  Thank Jaytel1948
Serge_Zaalof, President and Managing Director at Atlantis, The Palm, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I am happy to read that you and your family had a wonderful stay with us and had chosen us to celebrate a special occasion.

Nevertheless, I sincerely regret on the areas you had mentioned where we did not meet your expectation. In order for us to improve ourselves, I would be grateful if you could kindly reply to the private message that we have sent to you.

I look forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

From 31 of May we r stayin here with family for a vacation. We planned to stay here till 10 June but we changed our mind because of water. YES water...water isn't coming in this hotel from 1 June. 1 June they said that technical problem. 2 June said that we will solve it now. But now 4 June 01:40 o'clock still water isn't coming. We can't take shower we can't use toilette with family. Problem is starting from 14 th floor till 22 nd floor. In these floors no any guests can use water. I called guest service they offered me room for an hour from 3rd floor to take shower with family. That is why we r moving from this hotel earlier.

Stayed: June 2014
7  Thank YALCHIN G

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor.

Allow me to sincerely apologise for the inconvenience that you have faced. Please be assured that this is not reflective of our usual high standards. In order for us to improve our service, my team has sent a private message to you to gather more information on your experience.

Once again, I thank you for bringing this matter to my attention and I look forward to hear from you.

Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

Having stayed in other hotels in Dubai we were as a family looking forward to the Atlantis
Very smooth check in no waiting straight to our room fantastic palm view .We had breakfast generally around 9.00 that way you miss all the queues , a vast array of breakfast any type of food you could want.
We had skywards card so were able to get free wifi and discount on all our drinks and snacks we were on half board though
We did the water park nearly every day hop on a caddy your there !great fun no problems Waiting for slides and my children swam with dolphins fantastic only about 5 in there group perfect we also watched and took photos on the lovely sandy beach after free non alcoholic drinks given well worth the money
We booked our restaurants mid afternoon never a problem in booking all restaurants and food and service was very good .
Pool was lovely outside showers were like a warm bath ! Only downside was the sand is stoney as you walk into the sea we new this as it's the same at the zabeel saray plenty of sun beds lots of towels provided and we were given so much bottled water in our room we just bought bottles down to beach and asked for ice and cups no problem
The aquarium is fab you can watch for hours
The gym and spa are lovey too could write more echoing most reviews glad we stated at Atlantis
The hotel is very well run considering the amount of people about service was always with a smile
Summing up our 6 nights great fun family hotel with efficient staff good service lovely food and choice , if you want flash and very quiet and no children try another hotel but we enjoyed it

Stayed: May 2014
4  Thank mrsposh

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a feedback on TripAdvisor.

I am happy that we were able to provide you with a room before the official check-in time as all check-ins are processed on a first come first serve basis and availability of room type that our guests had booked for.

I am also pleased to read that you enjoyed the benefits of Emirates Skywards promotion.

Please be assured that we will share your comments with our team in order to motivate them to continue to blow away our customers.

Thank you for recommending us on TripAdvisor and we look forward to welcome you again in a not too distant future.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

Stayed at this hotel in February on a romantic package deal. Large spacious room, great view of Dubai, large bathroom. Water park was great fun, food at Nobu was delicious!! Lobby is very busy with tourists just checking out the hotel but there are public and guest only areas.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Christina W

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read that you had a great experience with us by availing one of our special offer deals. I sincerely appreciate your positive comments about our facilities, restaurants and colleagues.

Thank you for recommending us on TripAdvisor and we look forward to welcome you back in Atlantis, The Palm.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

Always wanted to go to this hotel. Arrived at approx 9am on Sunday 25th May 2014 after a 7hr night flight. No rooms ready for us (this was different to another hotel in Dubai where we stayed last year & were able to get into the room straight away). I do understand however, that previous guests do not have to vacate until midday, but it could have been organised better.
3 adults sharing one room, with one bed (had to get that sorted). Apart from these initial hiccups, it was a great holiday - fantastic restaurants, especially YUAN. Brilliant week. staff cannot do enough for you!!! They deserve a lot of credit - you ask for something & they do their very best to accommodate you. Lots of children there as it was half term. I'm still very surprised at how many people take children under 4 years of age on holiday in 40 degree heat (they are extra tired, and crying a lot), but that's just my personal opinion. I would recommend this hotel, but if i were to go again, it would have to be not during school holidays.

1  Thank Nikki H

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I would like to sincerely apologise for the delay that you have experienced at check-in. Our standard check-in timing starts from 3:00 p.m. onwards but nonetheless, we do try our best to provide early check-in. However, this is always subject to availability of rooms.

Furthermore, I am glad to read that you had an enjoyable dining experience at Yuan. I will not miss to congratulate the team in providing you with an exemplary service.

We thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcome you again at Atlantis The Palm.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

Been to Dubai over 12 times now and have always stayed at the Jumeirah Beach but wanted to try something different with our children this time. Booked a suite with interconnecting room for kids, which I have to say was fantastic, the housekeeping was the only positive I can say about this hotel. Stayed over the May half term and thank god we checked in through the "Imperial Club" as other people were waiting 3 hours to check in. The "Imperial Club" was a complete joke considering how much we paid for this upgrade. Queuing for breakfast to then have no food when got a table (staff very slow at keeping on top of food replenishments). Queuing for drinks in their "happy hour", unless you got there for 5:45 for 6pm start. We were asked to go find another bar to have a drink which left me infuriated as I didn't pay for this upgrade to be rushing round a hotel looking for others bars to drink in. We ended up on the last few days getting ready extra early, before the required time in case we had to queue. Staff were so slow in serving drinks and quite rude. There was always a queue of people at the reception on the 12th floor complaining and getting quite aggressive with the staff which caused such a horrible atmosphere. Complained to the general manager and he insulted us by putting a complimentary bottle of wine in our suite, we gave him this back when we checked out. In my opinion keep the "Imperial Club" exclusive so that you have enough tables for everyone. Staff need to be more attentive to the guests and that's round poolside too, not enough staff there. Definitely won't be going back, it's back to the Jumeirah Beach for me.

7  Thank mamaduck38

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor.

I am happy to read that you had a smooth check-in at our Imperial Club lounge. Having said this, it is regrettable that we have not been able to meet all your expectations due to the crowd in the Imperial Club lounge. Aside from the other exclusive available venues to cater to our Imperial Club guests during breakfast, Afternoon Tea and Happy hours, I would like to assure you that your feedback will be duly utilized in our next product review, as part of our commitment to continuously innovate to satisfy all our guests.

Once again, thank you for your comment and we look forward to welcome you back at Atlantis, The Palm.