“Lovely hotel, very friendly and helpful staff”
Review of Atlantis, The Palm

Atlantis, The Palm
Ranked #99 of 542 Hotels in Dubai
“Lovely hotel, very friendly and helpful staff”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

I staye din the hotel with my (now) wife in 2010 during the "2nd" birthday celebrations. The hotel bent over backwards to help me with my planned proposal - arranging for myself and my then fiance to have the dolphin pool to ourselves so as to pop the question.
The hotel does lack that "personal touch" due to the size however, it was spotless, well located and had everything you could ask for.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Andy K
Serge_Zaalof, President and Managing Director at Atlantis, The Palm, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Atlantis, The Palm on TripAdvisor.

Whilst I am happy that you found our resort to be amazing, I am concerned that we did not meet your expectations with regards to the services rendered to you by some of our colleagues. Although Atlantis is a big resort, our colleagues are committed to provide a warm and engaging service to all our esteemed guests. I wish to assure you that I will share your feedback to my team to uphold the high standards of services that we are known for.

We thank you once again for taking the time to write your review on TripAdvisor and we hope to welcome you back again at Atlantis, The Palm.

President and Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,654)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed May 14, 2014

I honestly won't consider it only as a hotel, it has much more to offer...first thing you notice when you enter this property is the way...there is an underwater tunnel to reach to the hotel as it is made on an island...whole hotel is made on underwater theme so reception...carpets...bful ceilings...everything has thematic colours ,graphics etc.
Another amusing fact is that it has a waterpark inside the hotel which has some amazing things to do such as swim with Dolphins, innovative slides etc. Ofcourse everything has it cost but if you have that kind of budget- there is no better place.

Rooms are nice and spacious!!

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Shrutisharma0212
Dear Guest,

I sincerely appreciate your positive comments on the hotel's interior and exterior decor, Aquaventure, Dolphin Interaction and hotel room.

Thank you for having taken the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again at Atlantis, The Palm.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Only had a short stop over here bur could not belive this structure built on this man made island, no need to leave the resort it had everything covered, from a water park, beachs, pool, monorail and music on the beach and of course its own aquarium, the rooms were a good size and a view over the ocean. The choice of places to eat from snacks to fine dining filled our needs perfectly. Staff were always friendly and attentive to our needs, next time will will stay longer.

Room Tip: Chose from ocean to mainland views
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Riceone
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to read your positive comments regarding your stay with us.

With the vast array of activities, lush grounds, our own waterpark, aquarium and dolphin bay, not to forget over 20 restaurants and bars, I can only agree with your statement that Atlantis, The Palm is a destination in itself. Moreover, you can be assured that we continually innovate on our products and services to ensure that we consistently meet the expectations of our guests.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming your again in Atlantis, The Palm.

Mumbai
Reviewed May 13, 2014

At the outset, I must confess that we got a great deal because of attending a conference in Atlantis - and hence I enjoyed it a lot more.

Points to note
1 - Try and book a room which faces the front - the views are spectacular
2 - Ours was an all meal package, but that wont be a necessity in Dubai, coz you would want to sample the culinary delights that the city has to offer
3 - Do not spend money on the aquarium - the Dubai Mall has a much better one for free
4 - The aqua park is fairly good, with the drop ride being the pick of the lot,

All in all, there is enough to take your time - decent place to stay - maybe not the best in dubai, but still worth a visit.

Room Tip: Front facing rooms are the best to choose - make a request for these while booking
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Atlantis The Palm.

I am really pleased to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that you were pleased with our facilities.

We look forward to welcome you again in a not too distant future.

london
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 14nights in April with our 3 children. We would highly recommend this hotel for both families or couples. There is something for everyone.
We couldn't fault a thing.
The lost chambers was amazing, the water park so much fun for both adults & children, great choice of restaurants & plenty of space around the pools (Life jackets supplied for children & each pool has 5-6 life guards)
Rooms very luxurious, service was 1st class.
Upgrade to the imperial club if you can as its worth the money.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review on TripAdvisor.

I am happy to read that your stay with us was a wonderful one and that you enjoyed the Imperial Club lounge.

Thank you for recommending us on TripAdvisor and we look forward to welcome you in a not too distant future.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Everyone will use different ways of rating a resort depending on their needs, so here are my own:

Before checking in we had lunch at the restaurant Kaleidoscope in the Hotel, not very impressed with the food and the way it was organised.

Checking in was the worst I ever had, there were many open counters but all of them were full and the average waiting time per family was 35 to 45 minutes. Very disappointed with the waiting time and I’m sure there will be many complains as everyone in the queue was arguing the same. Once we finished and went to the room we found out the room was not yet ready, but in all fairness they fixed that within 15 minutes. The room is OK and the view amazing however I was surprised that for such a renowned hotel the toiletries were not complete and only available on request, the quality of the products is very good.

After the bad start we went to the water park…wow excellent and friendly employees everywhere that’s a plus for Atlantis.

Back to the room and a nice evening in another restaurant Saffron with great variety of food and much better organised. Back to the room again and the inferno started, our room was in the west tower and we had a great view unfortunately on Friday there was a party at the nasimi beach so if you have a baby I would avoid that side as you can hear the music. The last point of the night was the fire alarm/smoke detector that has a blinking light that kept me awake.

The second day was OK with great breakfast, lunch at the pool and some activities however I would probably not go back to Atlantis as I was more impressed with other Hotels on the palm.

That’s my story !

Room Tip: Not the west tower if you have a baby
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I would like to sincerely apologise for the delay that you have experienced at check-in. Our standard check-in timing starts from 3:00 p.m. onwards but nonetheless, we do try our best to provide early check-in. However, this is always subject to availability of rooms.

With regards to your room experience, I truly apologise that you were disturbed by the music. We do try our utmost to ensure that any disturbance and inconvenience to our guests is kept to a minimum. Nonetheless, please be assured that your comments has been relayed to the concerned head of department to be more vigilant for future evening events.

Once again, thank you very much for your feedback and we look forward to welcome you at Atlantis, The Palm in a not too distant future.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed May 13, 2014

My husband, my brother and myself stayed for a night March 31. Accommodation was first class. The staff were conscientious always pleasant, smiling, attentive and helpful. Patricia, in the breakfast cafe was especially friendly and obliging, answering queries and assisting us. Nothing was too much trouble. The manager, on night duty, in the Levantine Bar went beyond expectation, ensuring my request for nut free and seed free dishes were available. He spoke with the chef and assisted in the delivery of the dishes, ensuring that I was specifically served these dishes. Unfortunately I cannot remember his name. A very very friendly fellow who engaged in conversation, making for a pleasant evening. He was on hand to ensure my request was delivered. Excellent service. Kader waited on us attentively. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to read of your positive comments regarding the services rendered by our colleagues from Levantine restaurant during your stay with us and made sure that your stay was an enjoyable one. I will definitely share your appreciation with the team.

I appreciate you recommending us on TripAdvisor. We look forward to welcome you again at Atlantis, The Palm.