“Good but very crowded”
Review of Atlantis, The Palm

Atlantis, The Palm
Ranked #117 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed April 25, 2014

The hotel is too big in my opinion and I thought it expensive. The service is good and the rooms are clean but is very crowded.

The water park is very nice, not very big but the attractions are very good

The location is not good that the hotel is far from the rest of Dubai attractions.

The beach is nice and is a good hotel for holidays with children

Room Tip: Very crowd
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Serge_Zaalof, President and Managing Director at Atlantis, The Palm, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Atlantis, The Palm.

Whilst I am delighted to read that you had good stay with us, It is regretful that we did not meet your expectations in some areas. Please be assured that we are constantly innovating on our products and services to continually offer our guests with more amazing experiences. As an example, free shuttle buses are provided to our guests going to different malls.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back at Atlantis, The Palm.

President and Managing Director

Write a ReviewReviews (17,772)

Reviewed April 25, 2014

Surely there is only one place to stay when you are visiting Dubai?

That is what my wife and I thought when we were searching for our holiday to Dubai. We were visiting Dubai as a beach holiday that has the benefits of having a city nearby to do a couple of things. If we were in Dubai for say 2 days our choice of hotel might have differed. Here are my thoughts on the Atlantis Palm.

First off, it’s important to say staying at the Atlantis isn’t cheap. It isn’t cheap to book and it’s defiantly not cheap once you are there. Thankfully we had half board which meant we had breakfast and dinner sorted which turned out to be the right choice when booking.

We booked with Virgin Holidays and the rep at the holiday Alan, was really helpful before we reached the hotel. He obviously wants to sell you experiences once you are there but he was a nice chap. He booked me a table at At.mosphere which is a bar up the Burj Khalifa. I would recommend booking a table at this bar instead of visiting the usual tourist deck. It’s two floors lower but for the same money you get to enjoy two cocks instead of pushing tourists out the way. Likewise, Alan has a bit of free wifi if you want to save £15 a day cost for the hotel wifi. Pop down to his office for the password, however you only get enough signal outside his off (but remember you’re on holiday!)

A great extra for staying at the Atlantis is your free access to the waterpark. I spent over a day here enjoying a number of the slides and experiences. The leap of faith is a fantastic drop slide, and something I would suggest you do. Unbelievable experience. Probably the best money we spent in Dubai was doing the Shark Safari experience. It was only something like £35 each but you spend an hour walking at the bottom of a large tank with black tip reef sharks and rays. A great experience and not something you can do anywhere for such a modest price.

We stayed halfboard at the Atlantis so could enjoy a “free” evening meal. Without doubt the best complimentary restaurant was Levanfine. This classic middle eastern restaurant was a fantastic meal and worth a visit. We did try some of the others but they were pretty standard in all honesty. Saffron was the best of the bunch offering Asian food and is also the best breakfast venue.

All-in-all, Dubai was a great 5 day holiday and perfect for what we needed. We wanted a great hotel, warm weather, good cocktails and good food. Dubai might not have a soul of older cities and destinations, but I did enjoy it and likely to return.

Room Tip: We paid extra to have a city view, suggest you do the same and is a great view and overlooks the poo...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank StephenJury

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor.

It gives me much pleasure to read that we have exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed your half board package. I wish to thank you for your detailed review as it gives me the opportunity to congratulate the teams who provided you with an exemplary service.

Thank you for recommending Atlantis, The Palm and I look forward to welcoming you and your father in a not too distant future.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

The resort is a truly family resort. Lots to do. Dolphin bay, aquarium, waterpark, motorised pedalo, segways, great pools, super safe beaches, endless kid friendly restaurants. And IF you do get bored you catch the monorail to take you round the rest of Dubai sites. It's got grown up bars and food too, but really it's family first, it's big hotel and was busy when we stayed at Easter, but there's no shortage of staff so it was just fine. If you want privacy or romance it might not be quite what your after. The food in each of the places we ate was of a very high standard, which is impressive for the number of guests, we stayed in an ocean deluxe room which looks out to sea, and is the sunset side of the hotel.
This will sound strange, but I don't think we'll go again, but very glad we went. Swimming with the dolphins is simply amazing

Room Tip: The higher up the better the view,
2  Thank letsgotothebeach123

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Atlantis, The Palm.

I am happy to read you and your family had a fantastic stay with us.

Thank you for recommending us on TripAdvisor and we look forward to welcome you and your family in a not too distant future.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

My wife and I stayed for 3 days on the way back from Oz to break up the jet lag and it proved to be just the ticket. The hotel is very impressive, staff are all very friendly and helpful and facilities and beach very good. The restaurants range in price from reasonable to expensive'ish but are all worth it and the breakfast buffet is exceptional. Although the hotel is very family orientated this did not spoil our stay as there are plenty of areas without children and the bedrooms are quiet and very comfortable. All in all, a great stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bradley D

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Atlantis, The Palm.

I am very happy to read you had a great stay with us. Your positive comments on the services that our colleagues had rendered during your stay is highly appreciated. I will not miss to share your feedback to our colleagues for them to continually deliver in giving the best experience to our guests during their stay with us.

We sincerely hope to welcome you back again at Atlantis, The Palm.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

This hotel is fine if you like big, soulless hotels - the imperial rooms are a good size but nothing special, the lounge and free drinks and snacks are great but a couple of nights here is long enough. My feeling is that it is very expensive for what it is. The aquarium is amazing, the beach is what it is - man made with a view of lots of skyscrapers. However I would have marked it higher were it not for the fact that my son left behind three little teddy bears. The Atlantis found them after two weeks and are now demanding I pay $116 dollars for their return. Had they been found sooner I could have popped in on another visit to Dubai a week later but I am now back in the UK. They would easily fit in an A4 envelope and could be posted standard airmail for much, much less. For a family hotel this seems pretty mean. All in all I wouldn't stay here again and I would not recommend it to friends. I felt it didn't live up to the hype.

Room Tip: It's worth paying the extra for an Imperial room
8  Thank ALV2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at Atlantis, The Palm.

I sincerely apologise for not meeting your expectations during your stay with us. We are continuously working on innovative solutions to provide more options in relaxation, recreation, entertainment and dining so that our guests have more choices in finding the ambience and activity that suits their preference. Please be assured that the comfort of our guests remain our top priority as we continue to improve our products and services.

Furthermore, I regret to know on your left items during your stay with us which was found by our Lost & Found team and that you found the courier charges expensive. Nonetheless, I am glad that a suitable arrangement was taken in place for you to be able receive your left items.

Once again, thank you for sharing a review here in TripAdvisor and we sincerely hope to welcome you back again at Atlantis, The Palm.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

True worth of money. We'd gone for dinner to Atlantis. Nice ambiance, there's always music playing in the background (good ones most of the time), there's belly dancing and stuff (not for people like me) The food was amazing! It was the first time I had Lebanese food and trust me, it was awesome. Plus the lighting was really good. Would want to go there again.

1  Thank keyur2222

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Atlantis, The Palm.

It is rewarding to learn that you had a great dining experience in Levantine. We will share your appreciation to the team and congratulate them for a job well done.

I sincerely thank you for choosing Atlantis, The Palm and we all look forward to welcome you again very soon.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

as soon as you arrived in the place you know that you are in a crowded place to have so much fun but its good to know you also have your privacy at nights with no bother, really luxury and world class hotel with professional staff to enjoy your holidays, now let me start if you are friend with water that's the place to satisfy from that, unbelievable beach and great place for tanning and if you are looking for some fun and entertainment you can go to the hotel big water park, in the morning there are 3 great restaurants that you can start your day with great breakfast, rooms are so clean with great room service and polite receptionist can help you if you have any problem in there , but don't ever go for ordering somethings extra in there, the charges are crazy !!!!

Room Tip: go for higher rooms to enjoy the view even if you pay extra it worth it .
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Амин М

Dear Guest,

We are honoured and delighted to read all your positive comments regarding our hotel room, resort facilities and services of our colleagues.

In regards to our pricing, we wish to assure you that we are on par with other 5 star properties in Dubai. Moreover, we do have various promotions all year round; more details are available on our website.

Thank you once again for taking the time to write a review and we look forward to welcoming you again at Atlantis, The Palm.