“Nice , but a little out of the way...”
Review of Atlantis, The Palm

Atlantis, The Palm
Ranked #109 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed January 26, 2014

My family of four ( two daughters 12 & 15 ) just spent two nights at the Atlantis. The positives are that the it is a spectacular looking hotel and for families its brilliant with the water park access. The rooms themselves are nice but nothing terribly amazing !! The problem I had was that located out at the end of the Palm the hotel is quite a distance from everything else in Dubai. So if you're happy to spend your entire time at the hotel thats fine but otherwise its a little out of the way. There are heaps of food choices in the Hotel premises but they are not cheap !! All in all a very good hotel just a little remote from the other sights of Dubai ( be prepared to use a lot of taxi's or rent a car - which we did)

Room Tip: Hire a car for added freedom
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank KiwidadSydney
Serge_Zaalof, President and Managing Director at Atlantis, The Palm, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I am grateful that you and your family had a wonderful stay with us.

I am honoured and delighted to read all your positive comments with regards to our facilities and restaurants. I will not miss to share your positive comments with the whole team to encourage them to continually exceed the expectations of our guests.

In regards to our pricing, we wish to assure you that we are on par with other 5 star properties in Dubai. Moreover, we do have various promotions all year round; more details are available on our website.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcome you back at Atlantis, The Palm.

Best regards,

There are newer reviews for Atlantis, The Palm

Reviewed January 26, 2014

I stayed at the atlantis the palm from 23/12 - 28/12 with my husband for our honeymoon.
All I can say is amazing! I have never stayed any where quite like it!
Our stay included breakfast in one of two buffet restaurants, give saffron a miss and go to kaleidoscope. Just to note though saffron is the only disappointing thing in this whole hotel.
During the day we spent it sunbathing on the beach, which is immaculate, you only need to look up and a member of staff is with you to bring you anything that you want.
The Mexican restaurant just off the beach is the best for lunch time. The service is the best you will receive as in all of the hotel, amazing drinks and the food is so fresh and beautiful.
As out stay was only short and it was our first in Dubai during the evenings we ventured out, emirates and Dubai malls are a must!
I was worried at first that this hotel would be children orientated but that is not the case, the place is so massive that children have an amazing time, as well as everyone else without getting into each other's way. The hotel is so perfectly run and big but still has that friendly, down to earth feel.
If you go then please, please pay a visit to the SPA. It is the best I have ever been too, the prices are very reasonable and you can spend the day using the facilities before and after your chosen treatment.
We had to go the water park whilst we were there and we are glad we did, it topped wet and wild in Florida for us, a great experience.
A highlight do the holiday was the dolphin experience in dolphin bay, neither if us were too fussed about the idea but when we done it it was one if the best experiences ever!
We stayed In a deluxe room which was immaculate, had everything that you could need/want, room service is great, order anything and it is served to your room within 20 minutes. The room is cleaned twice a day and there was a little gift left each day. ESPA toiletries were a luxury treat.
I cannot recommend this hotel enough, don't listen to the people who say that it is very expensive, it is not! It is not cheap but about the same price as the Uk to eat and drink. A three course meal for toe with drinks is roughly £150.00 and this is for a lovely surrounding and amazing food.
We are returning in September this year and have booked the half board option purely because we want to give the Atlantis restaurants ago as we didn't have time last time.
Starbucks is great in the morning for a coffee in the outside garden area, the avenues have lovely shops and NOBU is a must for cocktails and celeb spotting!
The staff deserve an award for how they cater to your needs at this hotel and make is run so smoothly and calmly to the highest standard, I could not fault a thing.
Another hotel to go to for drinks is the Grosvenor house, little Buddha and the embassy bar do the best cocktails!
Tip- use the cream taxis, they are a third if the price. The Lexus/ Mercedes taxis charge 150 AED pretty much wherever you go locally, a cream taxi is about 25-30 AED. The drivers if the cream taxis ( government run) are more polite and drive sensibly. The nicer taxis seem to rush everywhere, we used them for the first few days until we realised the difference, they have a knack of finding you as soon as you leave a building so you can't see the cream taxis!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Jenna C

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor.

It gives me much pleasure to read that we have exceeded your expectations on your honeymoon vacation in Dubai. I wish to thank you for your detailed review as it gives me the opportunity to congratulate the colleagues who provided you with an exemplary service.

Thank you for recommending Atlantis, The Palm and I look forward to welcoming you and your wife in a not too distant future.

Best regards,

Reviewed January 26, 2014

So we arrive as part of our honeymoon and stay for 3 nights, extremely long wait getting into our room. No wifi anywhere around the hotel unless you pay for it even whilst having to wait in the main reception for over 4 hours. This is crazy in this day and age! Hotels every where around the world now have this facility. Great time at Nisimi Beach on Xmas Day and evening meal was booked at Nobu, fabulous, food extremely good quality, did not feel rushed and lovely relaxed atmosphere. Loved the Aquarium and I'm sure if we were parents it would have been even more exciting.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank camis17
Reviewed January 25, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Atlantis Palm for 4 nights from the 20th of January 2014, the cost for the trip was just over £1900 which included flights from the UK and half board in a Deluxe room overlooking the sea.
We both really enjoyed the trip, the weather was great and due to the time of year we did not have to queue for any of the water slides, there were empty sun beds everywhere. The only time we had to queue was for breakfast in a morning and this was no more than 2 minutes. It was a wonderfully relaxing time, all the staff were extremely attentive and courteous, our room was cleaned everyday with fresh bottled water left for us, although the fresh fruit was only left on the first day of arrival. (Maybe we could have asked for more, I am not sure).
Although this trip was really enjoyable and relaxing, I would not go back again. The reason for this are below and they are just my views and opinions of what I want and expect from a hotel and vacation.

1. Although the hotel is a beautifull one and people come and visit it everyday, standing outside taking photos. In my opinion it is not a 5* hotel and without the Water Park it would be just like a lot of other hotels in Dubai, which are a lot cheaper. The service was fantastic, as was the water park, but for me it was the little details that let is down. The bottom of the wooden trimmings at the bottom of the public toilets were rotted, the picture frames in the passage ways from our bedrooms where scratched and damaged by the room service trollies, no free internet, there was a minimum charge of 99 Dirhams per day (£16.50p) At the end of the day we like to watch a little bit of TV as we drift off to sleep, but the channel choice was poor Sky News, CNN, Animal Planet, Discovery Channel, plus two or three other similar channels. The buffet restaurants had a great choice and the food was good (Not Great), but the choice was the same each evening, this was not really a problem and as there are two buffet restaurants serving different types of food and each serving station has a different food selection. It was just that the food was the same at each station every evening. (As a note the half board option gives you a value of 110 Dirahms per person (£18.33p) to use, should you want to eat in any of the other restaurants.

2. We like to do things on an evening rather than just sit an eat in a restaurant, but the choice was limited. You cannot just walk anywhere from your hotel you need to take a taxi, there are also small (free) buses laid on to take you to different shopping malls, some of which stay open until the early hours, although the last bus home is 10pm. We did make use of these, but even though it was a quiet time of the year, we still made sure we got back to the bus 30 minutes before to make sure we got on. I would imagine getting a seat on one of these busses could be an issue during the busy months? You can take a taxi and the costs is not too much.

3. Our room was not very sound proof and on more than one occasion we could hear a child crying in the next room and other guests talking as they walked to their room. I can imagine during the busy school holidays you would hear a lot more noise during the early morning or later evening. Also in our deluxe room there was a sliding door feature which could be opened so you could see the bathroom from your bedroom. I am not sure if all the rooms have this, although I did think this was a lovely feature, there was not a separate door on the toilet, it was just open. Even though my wife and I have been married for almost 25 years, there are certain things we do not really want our loved ones to listen to when we need to go to the loo, as I said the rooms are not very sound proof and a sliding partition door, is even less soundproof :-)

As you can see there are more positives about this hotel and as I said we did have a lovely time, but I have to agree with other posts on this site who say it is a good hotel, but rather overpriced for what it is and what it offers. We have stayed in the Bellagio in Las Vegas a few years ago and in my opinion that was a much better class of hotel and the buffets on offer within other hotels on the strip, left the buffets in the Atlantis wanting. However I also know that everyones requirements and expectations are different, so please don't let this review put you off. Just take little bits of everyones review and then decide if the Atlantis Palm is the hotel from you? Happy holidays.

All in all I would say 7 out of 10 and it is another thing ticked off my to do list.

Room Tip: The higher you go, the better the view, but this seems to be at an extra cost
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank DDave2014
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Nice place to stay in. Although those who are vegetarian option for them is very minimum. And whatever they offered in veg menu I didn't liked it. A part from food my experience was good. Hope they will change there food menu next time when I check in.Don't forget to check out Water park and aquarium

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank pooja91
Reviewed January 25, 2014

One of the best resorts in the world, starting from the location (palms), the underwater tunnel connecting atlantis to dubai. With loads to offer, the resort has an amazing water park and a separate dolphin bay. Apart from that they have a huge aquarium with over 50,000 fishes.

They have a lot of restaurants and coffee shops including starbucks, burger joints etc. I could not try all the restaurants but the americana and the asian restaurants were really good.

The beach and the pool side were really good and you can also rent cabanas for days and relax beach side. Even if not staying here, ill suggest everyone visiting UAE to must go to atlantis..

Room Tip: Ask them for ocean or city view according to your preference.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Stayed for 5 days last week and everything was fantastic…..cleanness, staffs, services, fastness, breakfast, everything was at top level however wont recommend for any solos or for romantic trip without kid at ALL!!! Hotel was filled with lots of cute kids which looked like a luxury kindergarten! The clubs was so-so except the N'dulge which was amazing! Nice belly dance in Levantine club and the interesting part of the pools were no deep area at all! Try to book on higher floors to have better view and palm view is better compare to ocean view! You must pay a visit to dolphin bay after visiting magnificent aquarium in LL. After all, it is the perfect place for couples with kids under 6-7 in dubai….

Room Tip: higher levels have better view ....15 imperial club or 16 normal
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review on TripAdvisor.

It is extremely rewarding to read that you had a wonderful experience during your stay with us. Your kind words on our facilities, restaurants, cleanliness of the resorts and the services rendered by our colleagues are highly appreciated.

Thank you for recommending us on TripAdvisor and we look forward to welcome you back at Atlantis, The Palm.

Best regard,