“Fabulous start to our honeymoon”
Review of Atlantis, The Palm

Atlantis, The Palm
Ranked #101 of 546 Hotels in Dubai
“Fabulous start to our honeymoon”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

We stayed at the Atlantis for 4 nights at the start of our honeymoon back at the end of August 2013. What a stay it was too! We wanted a busy four days in Dubai, a "city break", before going to totally relax in Mauritius for 10 days.

The Atlantis exceeded all of our expectations with 5* service, staff, food, cleanliness and facilities.

On your to do list must be a trip to the shopping malls and souks, to climb the Burj Khalifa, dune bashing out in the desert, swim with dolphins at Dolphin Bay at the hotel, visit the Waterpark and The Lost Chambers.

We would like to give special mention to our porter Yuvraj who provided an exceptional service. The towel made swans, bulldogs and hearts really were a lovely touch not to mention the turn back service. Yuvraj what as asset you are to the Atlantis.

We cannot wait to come back to visit Dubai in a few years time to perhaps celebrate an anniversary and a trip to the spectacular Atlantis will definitely be on the cards. Perhaps not in August though, 42 degrees was even a little too warm for us!

Tip - book your evening restaurants on arrival to avoid disappointment. A deep water dolphin experience is truly magnificent.

Room Tip: City facing
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Serge_Zaalof, President and Managing Director at Atlantis, The Palm, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I am grateful that you chose us to celebrate your honeymoon last August 2013 and that you and your husband had a wonderful stay with us.

I am honoured and delighted to read all your positive comments, especially with regards to the exceptional service rendered by our colleague Yuvraj, in making your stay a truly memorable one. I will not miss to share your positive comments with Yuvraj and the whole team to encourage them to continually exceed the expectations of our guests.

I am glad that you are planning to stay with us again and we look forward to welcome you back at Atlantis, The Palm.

President and Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,703)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed November 4, 2013

i can say nothing but I loved it! it's so magical and it made me feel like I wasn't even living in Dubai! Loved their service but the food can be better though. Loved the swimming pools and the room as well. I believe I know where I will be spending my new near eve :D

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

All good! but the front desk staff was not trained well to give the best customer services. They were ridiculous. It was our honeymoon and they sort of ruined it just because of their poor customer handling .... should improve that!
Apart of this hotel architecture is amazing ... facilities are good... worth visiting place.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sana K
Serge_Zaalof, President and Managing Director at Atlantis, The Palm, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Atlantis, The Palm.

I am delighted to read that your positive comments regarding our facilities and the look of our resort grounds.

Furthermore, I am concerned about your interaction with one of our colleague at Front Desk. My team has sent a private message to you and we will be grateful for your reply so that we can investigate your concerns. Please be assured that this is not reflective of our usual high standards..

We look forward to hearing from you.

Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I have stayed in Atlantis twice and I have to say I was very disappointed this time around. The hotel seems to have gotten old in a very short period of time. Let me first point out the good: There is plenty of staff and when you call for anything, food, housekeeping or technical staff they come helping very quickly. Also there are plenty of great restaurants to eat in if you don't like leaving your hotel. If you are going here with your family and children this can be enough for you. However I think Al-Qasr Medinat or Dar-Al Masyaf is much better to go to, closer to Dubai, much better layout, better beach etc. The problems I had with the hotel were:

1- We had connecting rooms and in both rooms foam came into our bathtubs and filled it up at least few times a day. Good thing there were showers in the rooms as well so we never used the tubs, but I am guessing someone elses bath foam just came into ours due to some sort of technical problem. I told them to fix it but it happened each day we were there.

2- The room service menu is very expensive for this type of live-in hotel where you don't leave the property much. Our bill for room service, internet, restaurants ended up being as much as what we paid for the rooms.

3- I hate paying for internet. I hate it more when they charge you a huge sum for a slow connection, and than charge ask for even more for a faster option. Internet should be fast and free in all 5 star hotels.

4- If you are with your children this hotel is great for them. If you are with your baby, or just with your wife, get ready for a lot of children running around in hallways, making a lot of noise. There were probably more children than adults in this hotel

5- Outside day-time visitors make the hotel a tourist attraction. Not so good if you are trying to relax by the pool or have coffee in the lobby.

I go to Dubai a lot for vacation and business. I would go to Atlantis to dine at Nobu or have friday brunch, but will I stay there again? Never.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank memch
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us on TripAdvisor.

I sincerely regret that we have been unable to meet your expectation this time around.

I am sorry to read that you have been inconvenienced with the state of the bathtub during your stay with us. I have already forwarded your feedback to the concerned departments for their action.

Regarding our pricing, we wish to assure you that we are on par with other 5 star properties in Dubai. Nonetheless, we do offer various special rates and packages with numerous benefits all year round, with more details available on our website.

Moreover, I sincerely apologise for the crowd issues that you mentioned at the pool and lobby. At the moment, we currently have access control procedures in place to ensure that certain areas of the resort remain exclusive for our resident-guests only. Please be assured that we are constantly looking for ways to continuously enhance the experience of our guests, particularly with respect to crowd.

On a more positive note, I am glad to read your appreciation for the variety of restaurants in the resort and the attentiveness of our colleagues.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor and we hope to be able to welcome you back again at Atlantis, The Palm.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

We went here for new year 2013 and it was fabulous.

The restaurants are delicious, the waterpark brilliant fun, the aquarium huge.

Downsides - not many apart from not having free wifi

The staff are really helpful and when you are sunbathing, they come around with cucumber for your eyes, refreshing hand towels, ice lollies for the kids, you can't fault the service at all.

We did the lebanese restaurant for the new years eve meal and it was good although far too many courses for us.

The wagu burger down in the food court section was delicious.

The hotel has this amazing glass sculpture in the reception area which mustve cost them a small fortune it is beautiful.

Would I go back here - YES most definitely

Room Tip: We had a room overlooking the waterpark and aquarium which was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Chevaune P
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review on TripAdvisor.

First of all, I am delighted to read that you had celebrated your New Year's Eve with us and that it was a memorable one. In addition, I am grateful of your appreciation with the services rendered by our pool and beach colleagues. I will definitely share your appreciation with the team.

Furthermore, I have noted your comment regarding the wi-fi connection points within the pool and beach area. I would like to share with you that we have added more wi-fi connection points within the whole resort for our guests to have a smoother internet browsing experience.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to welcome you again at Atlantis, The Palm.

Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

Hugely over priced. Exceptionally poor service. At 1500 usd per night you have to raise at dawn to get a seat by the pool, all restaurants sold out, kids club fully booked, food mediocre..... At best a packaged tour destination worth 1/5 of the price. In conclusion stay away......

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Il-San-Pietro
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I sincerely regret to read that we did not meet your expectations during your stay with us.

With regards to our pricing, we wish to assure you that we are on par with other 5 star properties in Dubai. Furthermore, we do offer various special rates and packages with numerous benefits all year round; more details are available on our website.

Thank you once again for taking the time to write a review on your experience at Atlantis, the Palm.

Essex
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We have just returned from a 5 night stay at this hotel. We were travelling with our 3 teenage sons and another family with a 6 year old. This was our third trip to Dubai and normally we stay elsewhere but because we were travelling with the kids this time, it seemed more appropriate to stay at the Atlantis due to the Waterpark and other family orientated facilities. We decided to upgrade to the Imperial Club package as it seemed to offer good value for money with three hungry teenagers. I am very much in two minds about this hotel - it's great in some ways, less so in others.

Outstanding points

The rooms were fantastic - spacious, luxurious and well laid out.

Facilities were excellent and extremely varied. The waterpark did get very busy in the afternoons but we would just spend the morning there and leave when the queues got too long.The aquariums were just amazing and we looked down onto the pool with sharks etc from our room.

Good points

Staff were friendly, efficient and service was excellent in every area.

Food was of a high quality everywhere in the hotel, although a little more variety in the club lounges would have been appreciated.

Less good points

This hotel feels like it would be very at home in Disney. It is extremely big and busy and has no atmosphere at all. You really don't feel you are in Dubai.

I resent paying such a lot of money for a hotel and still having to queue to get into the restaurants at breakfast or not being able to find a sunbed around the pool as they were all reserved. That side of things was more reminiscent of a package tour to Majorca.

I found the continual helicopter noise from the adjacent helipad extremely irritiating, especially during the mid afternoon when it was particularly busy. This hotel is certainly not peaceful or relaxing in anyway.

I appreciate that the hotel needs to maintain security with so many people from outside coming to the waterpark but I did not like the constant checking of our hotel residency everytime we went in or out of the hotel near the pool or up the stairs near the aquarium.

All in all we did have a good time at Atlantis and the ice cream parlour where the staff throw balls of ice cream around just has to be seen to be believed, but I probably wouldn't chose to stay here again unless we have the kids with us - if you are just adults then there are some much better choices,

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family