“Fantastic!!!”

Ranked #97 of 542 Hotels in Dubai
Sydney, Australia
“Fantastic!!!”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I've stayed at Atlantis in August 2012 and February 2013, and both times were fantastic. I stayed in a standard deluxe room last year which was awesome, the room size is great and its perfect for anyone's needs. This time I was upgraded to a suite due to some unpleasant experiences I had with some reservation staff when I needed to amend my booking due to illness.
The suite was incredible -- I dropped something when I was in there : my jaw!! It was a spectacular room!!
The whole resort is spectacular from the Avenues shopping precinct to the Lost Chambers Aquarium, to the awesome Aquaventure waterpark and Dolphin Bay. There are endless options for entertainment to the point that it can be hard to want to leave the resort!!
There are an array of fantastic restaurants catering to all tastes. The grounds are also beautiful!
I really dont have anything negative to say about this place. Definitely stay here when you visit Dubai! I will definitely be back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Ness-of-Sydney

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,653)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Tyne and Wear
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I had always wanted to go to Atlantis and it didn't dissapoint. My expectations were high and they were met in every way. From the minute we got out of the taxi we were treat like royalty. We had booked a club imperial room. We were met from the taxi by a member of staff, who escorted us to a private check in room, served us refreshments and checked in 3 hours early as the room was ready. (We were allocated an ocean room view but when I asked for an ocean to city view it was no problem to them, and they changed it) The member of staff then took us around the hotel and explained everything to us as well as the benefits of the club imperial room. There was a box of chocolates, fruit and complimentary water as well as everything you could need such as toothbrushes, toothpaste, shaving kit, nail file, comb etc etc etc. The Staff were always smiling and friendly and genuinely seemed to want to go out of their way to help in any way they could. They even came round the beach/pool with complimentary ice pops. The breakfast buffet was the biggest I have ever seen, catering for gluten free, Italian (Pizas) Chinese (noodles) Indian (curries) cold meat, cheese, fish, yoghurt, cereal, pastries, breads, etc etc etc. We did not eat at any of the dining options as we had the use of the Club Imperial lounge with all day snacks and refreshments. Afternoon tea at 3 - 5pm with sandwiches, snacks and warm scones/clotted cream and jam was lovely. Then 6 - 8pm canopies and alcohol, in abundance...this definately was sufficient for us and meant that we didn't have to eat in the restaurants as they all appeared to be very expensive. The only downside for me was that three nights was NOT long enough! Would I go back? Most definately............

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean to city view on a high floor
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Australia-Melbourne
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Finished off my Euro trip at Alantis & my partner & I has the best time, relaxing & enjoying everything that the Palms had to offer. Excellence service & fantastic resturants at your fingertips. Our room was amazing with an awesome view. We can't wait to stay at the Palms again!

• Stayed September 2012
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We stayed at the Atlantis for one night. Was quite an experience. Huge resort and lots of people everywhere. But relaxing enough when one escapes to the enormous pool, with excellent bar + service, or the spa, or the beach. We stayed in a standard room which was excellent. It had nice touches such a fresh fruit in the room.

Its well worth staying there as you get free access to the waterpark, and the aquarium. However, everything else is very expensive incl the restuarants, breakfast (not incl in room rate), and optional activities.

A great experience overall.

Room Tip: If on a budget - floors below the 5th floor are generally cheaper. Otherwise, go higher up.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Darryn P
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Had an amazing time at the atlantis. It was part of our honeymoon, and after staying at RAffles and the Burj al Arab we where afraid of a let down. Thankfully not. It is a more relaxed resort , but has all the attention to detail, service and standards that you need. We had an imperial club room, I would recommend this as it offers complimentary food and beverage options, even cocktails between 6-8pm and they do not scrimp on it. We had a lovely palm view which was breath taking. Great tv system and the wall at the bath opens up so u can watch the TV from the bath too lol. We also had unlimited access to the aquarium and the waterpark. Got a lovely chocolate delicacy of a bride a groom delivered to the room as they knew it was our honeymoon. Architecture and design is out of this world. ive been in the bahamas one and had an idea of what to expect, but was still mesmirissed by the splendour. Can't fault the place in anyway, we have actually booked to go back in July we liked it that much. Room service was fab too, buffet breakfast at kaleidoscope was amazing, all nationalities catered for pizza, spring rolls and pork sausages and bacon, you name it. We ate at Nobu which was nice . Taxi to the emirates mall was around 35 dirhams, but we opted for the luxury atlantis car for the airport as taxis can be a bit of a white knuckle ride. Overall a great place, can't wait to return.very security aware and you must show room key if you return in a taxi which makes you feel safer too.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank r0ss14
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I took my girlfriend here back in september 2010. First of all she is thai so atlantis needed to get a visa for her, we had to pay about £800 deposit to get the visa which they refunded back to me when we arrived back in UK. I had to pay the credit card charges for international use of the card, I'm not complaining about this but just incase people have girlfriends from other countries you may have to do a similar thing.
When you take the taxi from the airport and you first get a glimpse of atlantis it is amazing! so exciting! When we checked in they were really nice! I arrived on my birthday and when I got in the room there was a birthday card and a lovely cake!! I was so impressed at that!
The room was really nice with large sliding doors between the room and the bathroom! Our room faced inwards towards the Palm as well! My girlfriend and I loved it.
The hotel is huge and there is a lot to do, we were only there for 5 nights so probably didn't see everything! I just loved everything about the hotel! I wish all hotels were as well run as this one!
The waterpark is really cool and the leap of faith is a must! You will only regret it if you come home not doing it! We also visited wild wadi waterpark and that is also very good, hard to choose between the two but worth doing both of them!
We swam with the dolphins, our one was called Blade! It is very well run and the safety briefing was really good and really funny as well! It truely was a once ina lifetime experience. It is expensive but worth it. The photos are also expensive but I guess if you can afford to stay in the hotel then you will be able to afford it.
The majority of the staff are Nepalese which was quite good for me having lived in Nepal before and spoke a bit of Nepalese!
I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough! I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Drewmcnal
Dubai
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I have stayed there twice and it's a perfect hotel to stay with family. My recommendation would be stay atleast in Imperial suite or higher as their standard rooms are quite small. Also, to enjoy their entire facilities, it's better to stay for 2 or 3 nights and not stay for 1 night like UAE residents generally do. There are lot of things to do for the entire family...from a gr8 pool to a water park to a spa to gr8 restaurants like Nobu to a acquarium...Nobu should seriously think of having children as well for dinner...may be have a seperate dining area for family with children...Their Imperial suite comes with feature of using their lounge which has canapes throughout the day...This is not a hotel where you can just relax as there is so much to do that you end up feeling that there should have been more days to thoroughly enjoy your stay...Go there and have a ball...They also have a gr8 night club plus a gr8 iftar tent during Ramadan

Room Tip: Rooms with a view towards swimming pool
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family