Atlantis, The Palm
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
DUKES DUBAI(Dubai)
18,528 results
All reviewsimperial clubwater parklost chambersdolphin bayroyal poolnasimi beacheast towerhalf boarddolphin experienceronda locatellileap of faithsaffron restaurantaqua venturezero entryaquaventure parkchocolate fountainfree entry
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 7, 2012

We are currently staying here as I write this review. I've read some of the other reviews and I guess everyone has different expectations and experiences. My wife and I are travelling as a couple and are booked in for 7 nights. We were fortunate enough to book Imperial Club, which if you can afford it is well worth doing. Irrespective, although the hotel is large and busy, there is no drop in their first class service. The rooms are comfortable in all ways and we have had great night's sleep most nights (just once some noisy drunk reveller running down the corridor at 5am, but you can't blame the hotel for that). The attitude of the staff is exemplary - they are positively proud of their hotel, and it shows through constantly. Although there are many families with young children, this hasn't detracted from our stay in any way - the hotel is big enough to be able to find a quiet spot. There are so many awe inspiring features - the oceanarium(s), waterpark, beaches, pools, dolphins (expensive, but an absolute must!), slides (through the shark tank), tennis, spa, gym - I can't speak highly enough about it all. Yes, the hotel is slightly away from the malls but thank goodness - who wants to come to heaven and then immerse themselves in baseless shopping?! Besides, it's only the equivalent of c£10 to get there in a taxi. There are some super restaurants in the complex too - we dinned at Nobu and Ossiano. The later is set next to the glass panels of the oceanarium and we had a quite unique dining experience. Honestly, we viewed a number of other hotels both uptown and downtown whilst here, but nothing seems to compare. We still have another day to go but I'm already dreaming of a return trip!

1  Thank GazzyE
Reviewed December 7, 2012

It's a place to relax by the pool or have fun at the water park. There are activities for everyone at all ages. The service was great with the hotel staff standing by at all corners ready to assist at anything and at given time. The way the hotel was built and the location it's at it's like the gate to the Persian Gulf. Everything was stunningly built and in the name of greatness, in huge sizes and total luxury. The whole place was neatly clean, buffed and shinned at all time, even the grounds were well kept clean; even air smelled clean and not stuffy. The aquariums are spectacular, the pool is quiet and calm with plenty of sunbeds and huge towels, there are ping pong tables. Fresh fruit drinks are available if you wish to be healthy and they can make a multifruitty with your own choice of fruit.

1  Thank embcn
Reviewed December 7, 2012

From arrival to departure ( contrary to what others said) staff can't do enough for you. We arrived at 5am thinking we would have to wait until the normal 2pm check in we were surprised to be offered a room straight away. And an upgrade to boot No Queues. We had booked a room only deal & were offered an upgrade to include Breakfast lunch and dinner for 600 UAED per day
also included a drinks package which we took full advantage of
I was ill whilst staying at the palms & again staff could not do enough for us making sure we had everything we needed & even ordering food from the restaurant at no charge
Top tip, take a taxi from the airport as this was not expensive. 90UAED but that included an extra 25 as it was very early morning we were travelling
A visit to the Burj Khallifa for 100UAED is a must

Room Tip: Choose a high floor with a view of the Palm. We found it worth upgrading to the imperial package
Reviewed December 7, 2012

we arrived at the atlantis at 1.30 am. entering the lobby we were stunned by the glass sculpture and the beautiful architecture. less fancy was the check-in which took around 40 minutes.

the room was on 10th floor, nothing special. we ordered room service and got a lukewarm clubsandwich and a more or less cold cheese sandwich.
our luggage was only delivered after calling reception and telling them that we would like to go to bed, time being 2.30 am.

the waterpark is ok, but again, if you have been to any wet'n'wild or six flags you will be disappointed. just a few rides, the river on which you can float around is so slow that you constantly need to paddle or get off and push. beach is ok, service is slow, drinks are expensive but not good.

went to two restaurants, one of the being the burger joint. this is where i had the worst burger and worst fries in my life. I sent the fries back because they were so soggy, fatty and tasted like cooked in not hot enough oil for too short time. what I got was the same fries again, really disgusting.

also the food at the conference I attanded was only mediocre. beef so hard you can't chew it properly, other dishes completely blend. I really wonder where all the michelin star chefs were hiding.

the lost chambers are really nice to see, a good place to relax and watch the fish swim by, actually the highlight of the whole resort.

at check-out I found an airport pick-up on my bill which I had not ordered but was billed as a no show. after convincing the staff member that I did not even fly quatar but lufthansa it was removed from the bill.

overall the atlantis is very overpriced for what you get, especially compared to other hotels in dubai. you can do a lot better for less money.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jp9999
Reviewed December 6, 2012

had a blast with the trip. awesome crew and excellent place to relax, enjoy and chill. truly an amazing atlantis experience. good for family, friends and the best for honeymoons.. surely it is breath taking. also had fun with the aquaventure experience and the collection of fishes. purely like the legend of atlantis. it has a great view over looking the city of dubai.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends