Atlantis, The Palm
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
DUKES DUBAI(Dubai)
18,519 results
All reviewsimperial clubwater parklost chambersdolphin bayroyal poolnasimi beacheast towerhalf boarddolphin experienceronda locatellileap of faithsaffron restaurantaqua venturezero entryaquaventure parkchocolate fountainfree entry
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We went here for our annual summer weekend break, it was our fourth or fifth visit, and overall it was still great fun! The water park is great, especially for children. We opted for the Visa card special that included an AED 800 voucher for dinner, good at three restaurants (not Nobu), as well as buffet breakfast. The food and service was great in all the restaurants - Italian for dinner, Saffron for breakfast, and Keliedoscope for lunch, tons of variety and top quality.

The rooms are very nice, spacious and well maintained.

The one problem we had was at check-in. It was a busy weekend and the lines were very long, and after waiting about 20-30 mins, we were told that our rooms were not ready. We could go use the water-park, but had to walk into the luggage storage area, find out bags, get our swimgear, and then change in small room off to the side of the lobby - a huge inconvenience and hassle for sure! So if you plan a trip, try to avoid busy weekends as they stuggle at handling the crowds!

Otherwise, it was a great stay!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We have just returned from a nine day break staying at 'Atlantis'. The one word we used all the time 'AMAZING'. This hotel has been reviewed so many times and probably has one of the highest scores for excellent and I can add little to that. Everything was just better than we expected. The staff are so helpful, friendly and have a great knowledge of the area. The Concierge will get whatever information you want.

So much has been written about the food and drink and all I can add is, whatever you do get the half board vouchers they will save you a lot of money, but beware they cannot be used in all the restaurants on site. Our room on the 10th floor facing the ocean of the West tower was immaculate and quiet even during the all night beach party.

Taxis are available 24/7 from the front of the hotel and are cheap to use just be aware that the majority of the drivers are Indian / Pakistani which isnt a problem except for some thier english was very limited and we had a problem explaining where we wanted to go but getting one of the front of house staff to explain where you want to go can be the best option as they all appear to be multi lingual.

We learnt quickly travelling in Dubai can be easy and cheap get the free shuttle bus from the hotel to 'Mall of the Emirates' from there use the Dubai Metro to get around all the announcements are in English its clean, fully air conditioned and the tickets that cost just a couple of pound each can also be used on the buses, great value. The Metro line at present does not got to Atlantis.

At Atlantis make the most of the water park its complimentary to guests and makes a great day out. Service on the beach is as good as in the hotel. I have never been offered complimentary sunglasses cleaning anywhere before.The beach bars offer the best value for 'happy hour' drinks 5pm - 7pm daily.

Dress code is certainly not enforced and you can feel sorry for people who have dressed for dinner sitting on a table next to people who are in shorts & T shirts thety are strict on beachwear not being allowed.

Room Tip: The East Tower is more central to all the hotel facilities. The West Tower with an Ocean faceing room are without doubt the quietist and the views of Sunrise and Sunset are amazing.
1  Thank KVS79
Reviewed October 1, 2012

My partner and I returned just over a week ago from the most fabulous two week stay at the Atlantis. Without question this has been a holiday of a lifetime for us. From the moment of arriving to the day we left the whole experience and service was incredible. (I have high standards, am quick to find fault and have been fortunate enough to stay in some great places). This is my fourth time to Dubai but my first at the Atlantis- I was blown away!

Yes the Atlantis is big and there is enough to do to keep you entertained for longer than the average stay- if you’re wanting intimate this hotel isn’t the one for you but I doubt that there are many in Dubai that meet such criteria. In two weeks we didn’t get chance to do everything! It would be a shame to spend all your time in the hotel as the country has so much to offer and getting around by Dubai taxi is so cheap. Highlights for us included the fountains, amazing golf courses, Burj Khalifa Cara Jewellers, Dubai Mall- this list goes on BUT you could quite easily never have to leave during your time if that’s what you wanted.

Back to the Atlantis- Our room wasn’t ready when we arrived following an overnight flight from the UK, yet despite being tired, 24 weeks pregnant it was all ok, it’s clear on the website when you can and can’t check in- so we were expecting this. Staff were polite explained the situation and that it would be ready as soon as possible. We headed for breakfast and just as we were finishing a member of staff actually took the time to come and find us and tell us our room was ready! Our expectations were surpassed- we were in our room by 11am. If we hadn’t managed to get in this early we had put in swim stuff and shorts at the top of the case so we could just grab them and go to the beach and our day wasn’t wasted by waiting.

The room was breathtaking, the biggest bath and bed I have ever seen and so very clean and comfortable. Lovely balcony, pool views, nice touch of magazines, newspapers, fruit, and water, animal shaped towels in them. Serviced every time you left the room! Staff almost too attentive- they seemed to know everytime you were in and came and asked to see if they could do anything to help!

The hotel was busy, the foyer impressive and was also great for people watching and plenty of staff around to help point you in the direction of where to go but it doesn’t take long to soon get your bearings despite the size of the place. Even though we were told that the hotel was near capacity, it didn’t by any means feel too busy, it wasn’t overcrowded. The giant fish tanks in the East Tower something else- I didn’t realise such a range of fish existed! We sat an had a coffee in the little cafe area one day- now that was an experience- don’t ask me what the coffee was like I can’t remember I was just mesmerised with what was going on around me. Not every day you drink a coffee with a shark swimming in front of you. People comment that there are lots of children and families- this isn’t something that we were particularly aware of- in our experience there was a mixture of everyone- couples old and young, groups, families, single travellers.

We preferred to go use the beach only because we used an extra bed in the shade all the time to ensure that I didn’t overcook baby! We used the Royal Pool regularly- it’s no more than a 2 minute walk from the beach to the pool- so for us it was the best of both worlds as the sea wasn’t that cooling. There are as many towels as you wanted iced face cloths, ice lollies and great drinks service. Simply perfect!

The range of places to eat and drink is impressive and each of them is very different, there is something for everyone. People on here talk how expensive the food and drink is but in our experience if you’re sensible and don’t eat 3 huge meals a day, it really isn’t that bad and the quality and portion sizes of everything we had was very good. If you want to sit at a bar all day and drink then yes you will spend more money but it’s not as extortionate as people make out. In our experience it was no more expensive as it is on a skiing holiday. We tended to eat in the hotel one night and out of the hotel the next.

Imperial Club
Like others say on here, the Imperial Club is a real positive, with a range of lovely fresh fruit, snacks, sandwiches, cakes and scones, soft drinks throughout the day and alcohol early evening. Some evenings meant that we didn’t have dinner as we were more than satisfied with a few nibbles. Very attentive staff, regional newspapers, laptops for use etc. A great place to take an hour out from the the sun during the day!

Breakfast
We ate at both Saffron and Kaleidoscope for breakfast. On some mornings we had to queue to be seated but for no more than 5 minutes. The amount of choice and selection of foods was just jaw dropping. Staff were always keen to serve despite being very very busy- you never had to queue for food. The fresh fruit, range of cereals and breads and pastry were a real winner. There was every type of hot food you could imagine if you wanted to have full hot breakfast every day.

Pool Menu
Not a huge selection but what there was- was great- the portion sizes more than generous. You could quite easily share! The Club sandwich a personal favourite. Nothing was too much trouble- my partner wanted something from the menu at The Shore, whilst I wanted to eat from the pool menu. Easily sorted and staff keen to make sure that we were happy.

Ronda Locatellis
We ate here on two occasions- both very very nice. Not overpriced, good value, good service and nice atmosphere. Delicious pizza’s, nice selection of breads with to start with- easily replaced the need for a starter!

Asia Republic
We met friends here for lunch one day and decided to try something a little bit different. Take advice from the staff who work there, they are very knowledgeable. Food was just gorgeous- we ran out of time but would have loved to eat there again. They say the best things come in small packages- despite being one of the smaller places to eat- it was one of the best for us!

Saffron
We had a voucher to eat here one night- and couldn’t believe the choice on offer- what a place- who knew such foods existed! Food from every place you could possibly imagine- you cannot help but be impressed with it. Think Roast dinner with all the trimmings to the weird and wonderful offered in Asia and everything else in-between. The range of desserts was unreal. Great value and a real experience. Staff are on hand to help you with choices if you’re overwhelmed! It is a busy restaurant so I’d advise booking.

Seafire
What can I say- this has got to be the best steak I have ever eaten if not the best meal I’ve ever had-and we’ve been lucky enough to eat in some very nice restaurants! It was recommended to us by several people and were they right. So good we managed to go back for a second time. Simple choices but very very effective- not all of these fancy ranges you can get in some restaurants. We met friends for dinner and asked the waiter for their recommendation for starters- all I can say is that it was like food theatre and certainly an experience- who knew you could deliver a prawn cocktail, calamari, Scallops and Carpaccio Beef the way they did. Delicious also! When it came to the main meal, they were very keen to ensure that my steak was good appropriately with me being pregnant. The recommendations were right- the best steak we have ever eaten with all of our party in agreement! Again side dishes- not too many of them but what there was were just gorgeous. Dessert- the cheesecake has got to be compulsory! This place is somewhere you must visit- not extortionately expensive and certainly a very memorable experience

We were fortunate enough to be able swim with Dolphins- a great experience and one that was certainly on my bucket list. Frustrating that you’ve got to pay for photos on top which aren’t actually that great a quality shot. A suggestion may be that in with the price you get a 4 X 6 photo- instead you pay for a big photo which is really too big for most people. It was quite gimmicky but take all that away, the actual experience of swimming with the dolphins was one of the many highlights we had during our stay.

Overall I cannot say enough about this place, it’s got something for everyone, we went as a couple enjoying our last holiday before our life changes for ever as our first child arrives. Our experience exceeded all expectations- we will certainly at some point be back and have already recommended to our family and friends that it’s certainly well worth a visit!

2  Thank Thegirlthatreviews
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Me and my family have just returned from 3 nights at the Palm Atlantis. The hotel was excellent and we were happy with all aspects from the rooms, facilities and staff were very friendly. The waterpark is a must and is great for families with kids as it keeps them entertained. The hotel is set back away from the rest of Dubai and sometimes in order to eat out of the hotel you needed to take a 15-30 mins taxi ride. Otherwise if you were left to stay in the hotel the food can be quite expensive.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Simrah12345
Reviewed September 30, 2012

This is the second time I stayed in this hotel. Quite amazing really, from the first time you walk into the main reception, to the point where you are checking out you feel very special. The saffron buffet restaurant here is one of the best places I have ever ate, with every type of food you can think of having been cooked to a very high standard.
The complimentary access to aqua venture water park is amazing, as I spen most of my days here on the rapids and slides, whilst my wife just chilled out at one of the man made beaches here. The slides are excellent, and it is no way near as busy as the wild wadi.
All rooms have amazing views here, and whilst again they are getting a little dated now, they are still to a very high standard. I have stayed here 3 times in 3 years now so maybe it's just me being a bit fussy.
Also the Seafire steakhouse here is excellent, but very expensive, so we would advise buying a book called the dubai entertainer, and getting the discount vouchers out of here, as the savings you will make are substantial, and outweigh the cost of the book, which I might add we have never read.
All in all a quite amazing experience, but very busy hotel. The free entry to the aquarium and also the jaw dropping water tank you see in the main corridor is pretty amazing, but if you are going to dubai with children, you could go here and never have to leave the hotel, but bring plenty of money!