“Excellent hotel, with friendly hospitality & awesome kid-friendly services” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Atlantis, The Palm

Atlantis, The Palm
Ranked #91 of 544 Hotels in Dubai
Saudi Arabia
“Excellent hotel, with friendly hospitality & awesome kid-friendly services”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2011

My family of four (including two kids aged 4 & 6) stayed here for two nights for my husbands birthday. We took advantage of a summer Visa package they currently had on that also included an 800drm dinner voucher for one of their many restaurants, free buffet breakfast one morning, a complimentary pass for the kids in KidsClub, a 2 for 1 Spa voucher and unlimited access to the Lost Chambers and Aquaventure.

Check in was relatively smooth, and the room we got was lovely, although my only complaint about the room was that you couldnt control the bedside lights individually which was crap because after the kids went to sleep, my husband and I wanted to read in bed, but we couldnt without leaving the sliding bathroom door slightly ajar so that some light could come in. The only other complaint I had about my experience was that the buffet breakfast was nice but compared to others I've had in the world, a bit boring too. I didnt like the fact that the pancakes were made in advanced and left on a plate, as opposed to making it on the spot. As a result, they were only slightly warm and not piping hot.

Oh, another small complaint was that we couldnt get immediate access to the net in our room, but we didnt care because we were hardly in the room! haha

But overall it was an awesome holiday we wished didnt have to end. While the kids were in the KidsClub, hubby and I went scuba diving (including an hour in the ocean) and that was AWESOME and highly recommended! Loved the recreational areas, the pools are a delight. They sent my hubby a complimentary chocolate mousse birthday cake on the arvo of his birthday and that was nice! We ordered room service a few times, always pleasant althought nothing incredibly wow (I've had better :)

We went to two of the restaurants while there - one was the one with the fire blazing outside (cant remember the name)...okay experience but nothing worth remembering, even didnt bother to remember the name of the restaurant. But on hubby's birthday night we all went to Seafire and had a great time. Very friendly staff, even the manager visited our table to ask if everything was good. Kids got complimentary icecream and they wrote Happy Birthday on my hubby's dessert when it came :) Pricey, but worth it :)

Staff was always pleasant with a friendly smile on their faces. Overall ambience of the hotel was great, with nice decor. Checking out was easy. Highly recommend and would definitely go again :))

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,578)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Kuwait City, Kuwait
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2011

I was in a v.short Vacation for 4 days 3 nights! The hotel was excellent the service was excellence too.

the Deluxe room was very big and confortable, the Bathroom also was very conformatable.

at the first night there provide us with Free coupons to try some resturants there! it was very good specially the decorations which I liked.

The swimming pool was excellent! , all the Swimming pool provided with safety people around the pools!

Aquaventure was the Best there! I like it too much with many activities ;)

but in the Last day when I want to check out! the hotel was very very very crowded, I called them to carry-out my luggages and after more than half and hour they came to pick-it up after that I was waiting them in the crowdy Looby! after 20 mins they came with the trolly!!

UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2011

The Atlantis is truly something special. From the second you walk through the door and are met by the Imperial Club Team everything runs perfectly. We stayed in an Imperial Club room which is well worth the upgrade - the rooms are absolutely spotless and the housekeeping service is the best that I have ever seen. The team in the Club Lounge are superb and nothing is too much trouble. Although the hotel is enormous we never had a problem getting sunbeds or tables in restaurants. Children are always very welcome and treated very well. The food selection has something for everyone - we had the half board option and there were approx 7 restaurants on the list and we also ate at Ronda Locatelli - our favourites were Saffron and Levantine. Every time you go around another corner there is something else to be impressed about whether its the golf buggies to pick you up, the fish, Lost Chambers, the spa or the shopping. We had to use the doctor whilst we were there for my daughter - there was a doctor in the hotel until 10pm at night - during the night we had to call again and someone arrived within minutes and couldnt have been more helpful. The Dolphin Bay experience is a must and the water park is great for all ages - avoid however on a Friday and Saturday if you can as it is extremely busy. We loved this holiday so much that we have already booked to go back later in the year :-)

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
West Sussex
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2011

My family and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights as part of a longer trip to Dubai. We stayed in the Imperial Club level. The hotel facilities are superb (when they're not out of order) - however the cleanliness and attitude of the staff when there are problems leave a lot to be desired. This is not a cheap hotel so would you expect to find bed bugs? Well we had them. At 2am I complained to reception, the medic was called who attended to my husband and we were given a superior room. All very nice but I would have preferred not to move the luggage I had just unpacked, or wake my sleeping children or have my husband chewed by insects in his sleep. On the last night after having only stayed, eaten and drunk in the hotel complex I got gastroenteritis and spent the next morning on an IV drip in order that I could make my plane home. My husband complained to the management who said they would investigate. It took a month and 2 emails to get a response from them and surprise, surprise, they found no problems with their food or drink hygeine. Well I would beg to differ (and suggest you don't have a milk based cocktail from the Levantine bar).
Fancy an expensive 3 night stay with 2 health and cleanliness issues? then stay at the Atlantis. Check out the other negative comments on this site and don't be surprised if it happens to you. Worth mentioning that the management NEVER comment on the reviews here. Compare that with responses to comments about the Grosvenor House or Le Meridien hotels and you'll note the difference in attitude towards their paying guests. There are SO many better hotels. You have been warned!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank SeagullsWestSussex
Al Ahsa, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2011

I stayed for one night with my kids and they really enjoyed the hotel especially the Aqua-venture (The hotel Water Park). It is really a different experience than anything I tried before. It begins with the best check-in and ends with the best check-out experience I ever had. That was a wonderful stay. I hope I will do it again.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank AliAlAwadh
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2011

Excellent hotel... huge but easy to get around. We have been in Oct 2009, Oct 2010 and are going back this Oct. The only issue I have is that we have been as a couple and then with 2 of our 3 children. We are now going with all 3 children, the youngest one being 4 and have to have two rooms!! The rooms are a good size with 2 king/queen size beds so I thought they may have occasional beds for families of 5. The cost of this holiday is expensive enough without having to have 2 rooms. I think a hotel of this status should have more options. I would try a different hotel but the kids will be in the waterpark everyday (free to residents of the hotel) so it's easier for everyone to stay here. Everyone must experience Seafire...what a fab restaurant - the food, setting and staff are wonderful. However we didn't rate Loccatelli's or Nobu. We found them to be very very expensive and the food wasn't all that. You have two choices for breakfast...Kaleidoscope or Saffron - we all enjoyed Saffron the best. I can honestly say I've never had Indian or Chinese before for breakfast or the kids a chocolate fountain for that matter....not very healthy but what a treat and fab memories. Pay a visit to the beach bar at night and chill out with your favourite drink on the bean bags....surreal ! Although I don't think I'll get the chance to do this often this year with a 4yr old. We were also impressed that they realised, I presume from the passport that it was my husbands birthday and brought a card and chocolate cake to the room. The spa is fab but expensive. Overall a fabulous, grand, family friendly hotel...I just wish I didn't have to have
two rooms. Not a place to go to on a limited budget, although you can make it cheaper by getting a deal that Inc breakfast and eating at the pool restaurants which are reasonable, good choice and very enjoyable.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank MrsB360
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2011

This hotel is superb. Everything you would expect from the hype and reviews before going. The staff are very friendly and helpful and the water park is quite simply out of this world as is everything about this hotel. Food is also top quality. The food and drink in the hotel is very expensive as you should expect but if you shop about for a good deal and go at the right time of year the actual price for the accomodation can be a lot less than you would expect.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple