Atlantis, The Palm
Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$180
$136
Jumeirah Emirates Towers(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$172
$123
$98
$81
Grosvenor House Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$155
$365
$294
Hotels.com
$228
$189
$272
  • Pool
JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$118
JW Marriott
  • Pool
$264
$191
$1,457
$1,225
18,751 results
All reviewsimperial clubwater parklost chambersdolphin bayroyal poolnasimi beacheast towerhalf boarddolphin experienceronda locatellileap of faithsaffron restaurantaqua venturezero entryaquaventure parkchocolate fountainfree entry
Reviewed June 14, 2011

This has been one of the biggest let downs in Dubai – Honestly, there are tons of other hotels where I would spend my hard earned money and get a lot more for it.

I will take the extra effort to share this experience on Tripadvisor (my first review here). In a nutshell - Big disappointment – EASILY AVOIDABLE

It is so unfortunate that the grandeur of the Atlantis in Dubai is not supported by the best of workforce that one would expect out of a hotel as biblical as the Atlantis – I am sure that most would feel the same at the end of their experience at this property.

While the property and facilities at the Atlantis are amazing (Mind you: there are restrictions on just about everywhere you want to go), F&B is no where close to what one would expect.

The buffet at the Kaleidoscope is simply horrid for lack of a better word – there are 3 star hotels that have a much wider spread in Dubai. Definitely not worth the 175AED per person + taxes.. We were a group of 6 adults and 3 kids and were appalled by the so called seafood special buffet (mussels, clams, small prawns and some crab leftovers was all that there was to offer under the seafood section) – to top it all, when we questioned the chef about the buffet, we were told that “this is all that one would get for 175AED!!”. While we were left speechless and beyond annoyed with the response, the floor host, was apologetic and bought over some medium sized prawns over (we were just finishing up on dessert by then)…

Most of us know that chefs have a temperament of their own – but its best to keep these guys off the floor and in solitary confinement... in this case, even his food was horrid and not supportive of his communication skills.

Having worked in the hospitality industry for well over 10 years and being well travelled with enough and more 5star+ experiences.. This has easily been the worst experience ever.. I can only imagine how it would be to book and stay at the entry level suites at this hotel.. Will never recommend it to anyone and will definitely go the extra mile to share your lousy service levels!!!

Prasad Iyer

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
5  Thank PrasadIyer
Reviewed June 14, 2011

Service goes above and beyond what I expected from the Atlantis. Anything you need and they will do their utmost to assist you, whether it be transporting your luggage to your room on arrival, showing you around their aquarium and answering all your aquatic questions, organising day trips in Dubai such as the desert safari or even calling an elevator on the main floor!
The entrance hall is amazing and totally takes your breath away, its much grander in real life and no matter how many times you pass through it still makes you smile.
The choice of restaurants is outstanding with a wide variety of cuisines and budgets to choose from. In the cheaper restaurants such as Saffron, they have a buffet at night which covers lots of cuisines such as oriental, indian, italian, american, and traditional roasts etc. The choices are endless! Theres also a huge salad and pasta bar, a cheese bar, a desert bar, pastries, sushi etc. etc.
Breakfast is lovely, if not a bit expensive if you didn't buy it as part of your holiday package. HAving said that the choices are extensive and you really are spoilt for choice.

If sports are your thing then there's a wide range of courts and pitches for Tennis, croquet and others. And theres also the hotel gym. There's two swimming pools at the hotel (A kids one and a more relaxed one) and in the hotter days I did get free ice-lollies from the Atlantis staff as they walked around asking if anyone needed anything (in a non-intruding manner unlike some european beaches/hotels ive been too).

The hotel rooms themselves are great value. I got the "basic" deluxe room, which was far from basic. A view over the Gulf with a balcony, bathroom made out of marble, huge shower, mirrors galore, big comfortable beds, flat screen TV, fridge, kettle, a large desk to work at should you need to and the room service is fantastic! Several times a day they will call and should you be in your room, they will knock and ask you if you need things like new towels and toiletries, more tea/coffee and fruit.

The hotel water park is fantastic, and even the day that it was full to capacity as it was around 55degrees, it still seemed very empty and there were more than enough sun loungers to go around. Queues were non existent on some rides, and even the more popular ones only had around a 10minute wait. If you want to take the Plunge ride (near vertical slide) do try and go first thing otherwise you may find yourself waiting 30minutes like I did. The next time I went however I got to go on it 4 times in the space of 15minutes, it was just a case of making my way up all the stairs again :) There are photographers around the park taking your photos and giving you a wristband for you to view and collect your photo in the hotel avenue if you wish to purchase it. Think they were about 40dirhams each though so rather expensive!

The dolphin swim was fantastic. Something I wanted to do in Florida but never got the chance to, and so glad I never based on some stories I've heard. The dolphins at Atlantis are rescued and trained in a positive way so absolutely no negative reinforcement is used on them. They all have a pleasant manner, different personalities and the trainers were down to earth and liked a joke or two. A very enjoyable afternoon and be prepared to pay the expensive prices for photos afterwards. You will want to buy more than one! I only hope that the profit they make from the photos at the Dolphin bay go directly into looking after the dolphins.

The shopping avenues in the hotel are great. Totally bizarre having that in a hotel, but cool nonetheless. There are a few standard shops selling tourist things like magnets and souveniers, as well as a few reasonably priced clothes stores and also the more upmarket shops such as TIffany and Cartier. If you buy something you generally get asked if you want it delivered to your room which means you don't have to carry it around or take it back yourself :)

Overall I cannot praise this resort enough. Naturally some things are too expensive for the everyday holiday maker, but you can still have a perfect holiday regardless. If I'm ever fortunate enough to go to Dubai again there's no question over where I'll be staying :)

Room Tip: ask for view over aqaurium.
  • Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank katie2686
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I have just returned from a nine night stay at Atlantis with my family, (1 kid only 1 yr old)
overall I thought the vacation was excellent, in hindishgt 46 degrees is a bit much so I can see why summer is so called cheaper in Dubai.

atlantis was magical, my package was through Virgin holidays, who were also great, the flight was good, good hostesses esp attentive to my child which made a difference.
hotel transfer was seamless and atlantis..well what can i say..
with 1600 rooms forget about personal service, butttt, once you;ve got over that, its perfect.
ignore everyone who says the decor is naff, atlantis was a lost city..so ofcourse they have let their imagination loose and done a great magical job, out kid loved it, we loved it.

we had board basis so brekie and meals were included except for 3 posh restaurants which made sense.
the breakfast at Kaleidoscope and saffron restaurants is mind blowingly awesome, 250 dishes...i was in heaven
same applies to lunch and dinner and all food of good quality.
yes the prices are high but dnt come to a five star hotel of such magnitude if you cant afford it, or do what i did and get board basis!!
service was v attentive in restaurants, in lobby the security made a great effort with my baby and we were all on first name basis v soon.
i am conscious that perhaps it was all great bcoz we went in so called off season, but it seamed really busy and still service was fab.

we did have a problem on the 4th day, as we awoke, the ceiling in bathroom had leaked heavily, someone upstairs hyad left bath running, in 5 mins of calling guest services, the manager Shane rang me and said sorry for this and upgraded us to a Terrace suite (we originally had a deluxe room), well it was fanTASTIC!!, amazing lounge room bigger than my house! and fab bathroom and bedroom and a great terrace lobby opening up to views of the royal pool.

IN SHORT
amazing hotel provided you;ve got the money and dont mind wearing your ID pass as no one remembers you unless youve stayed 3/4 nites.

the only negatice i can offer is NOT regarding atlantis, its the Palm itself, its tucked well away from city centre, the typical cab cost is 35dhms, each way, but thats not it...
the palm and atlantis...the waterthat surfaces is well smelly and the sand is not soft, so we ended up less on beach more by the pools (not what i really wanted) perhaps I am too used to soft malaysian beaches.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Z-Tariq
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Overall, even if you can afford only a day or two, your next visit to Dubai must include the Atlantis, on The Palm Jumeirah. Our family only went for 2 days to enjoy the hotel and the attached water park (we are currently living 80 miles south in Abu Dhabi), and we all throughly enjoyed our stay. The staff was very attentive, the grounds were absolutely beautiful and the restaurants and attractions top notch.

If you can go on a package deal, all the better, since some attractions and restaurants can drain your wallet rather quickly, but if you watch your kids and promise yourself not to do everything that you can while there, your budget will only take a slight dent, rather than a major collision.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank OneInaMillion50
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We stayed here for 4 nights at the end of April, and we were fortunate enough to be upgraded to a suite - lovely and spacious, and it also meant that when the 4 year old went to sleep, we could retreat to the living room to relax and watch TV, rather than sitting in the dark (or just giving up and sleeping at 7:30pm).

The suite was beautiful with a massive balcony, and the rest of the resort was quite beautiful. The buffet restaurants were lovely, with goregous food. The pool area was enormous and well-staffed with lifeguards, and plenty of sun-beds (no worries with people reserving their beds with towels before breakfast). The beach was clean and also well-staffed, with some lovely day-beds and cabanas for those who were early enough (or rich enough).

But in spite of all the lovely elements, the entire resort felt just a bit soulless, with a lot of the staff having rather vacant smiles plastered on their faces. This place could be anywhere in the world - there is nothing of the Middle East here at all, and the only hint of Dubai (other than the extragant surroundings) were the occasional UAE nationals (wearing thobe) wandering through the hotel.

The only real sour point for us was the Kids' Club. I had heard amazing things about the Kids' Club and was hoping our 4 year old daughter would settle in and enjoy. It was not to be. I took her down for the morning session (AED75 / US$20 per hour) and signed all the paperwork, then waited for one of the staff to take my daughter by the hand, lead her in and show her around. Nothing - the woman just waved her hand at us and said, "she can go in". I asked her if she would take her in (since parents and nannies are not allowed inside) to show her around - "No need - she can go inside". Finally, I insisted the woman take my daughter in and I went with them, to try and get my daughter shown around and settled. No tour of the facilities - just dropped her at the painting table. No wonder then that they called less than 30 minutes later to say "your daughter won't stop cying - come and get her." Not what I would call stellar service!

All in all, a stay at Atlantis The Palm was nice to experience, but very expensive and it really left me feeling kind of empty. I think next time we will definitely be returning to Al Qasr at Madinat Jumeirah - staff are much more friendly and the place is more welcoming!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family