“Awful food and a cockroach in the toilet”
Review of The Wharf - CLOSED

The Wharf
Cuisines: Seafood, British, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dubai
“Awful food and a cockroach in the toilet”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

So disappointed with dinner at the Wharf- the interior of the restaurant is huge so lacks atmosphere and one wall is completely taken up with empty serving stations which I assume are for theme nights and brunch- we went on a Wednesday and after 15 minutes of being brought 3 different menus we ordered- My friend had the scallops - which were great, but the crap/prawn salad and Wharf Special fish pie were very poor- rotten avocados and no crab, and the fish pie seemed like blended white fish under pastry crust. Having been pestered relentlessly on arrival by the servers it took 30 minutes to get bill and pay- and then, to top it all off on the way out, there is a cockroach on the ceiling in the ladies toilet- Just awful! I love the Madinat, it is a great location and there are some fantastic eateries here as well as the gorgeous Jumeirah hotels- but this experience will keep me away.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank DubaiBelle

Liverpool, England
“OK but the competition is better”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Arrived off the plane and went to the Wharf for a meal - it was pretty empty so lacked atmosphere but I think it is better earlier in the evening.
It is a Bitish Pub Dubai style - and we happened upon Curry Night. Food was fine and the presentation was really good. You need to blank out the £10 for a Peroni. - that's Dubai.
Ther eis nothing wrong with this restaurant, it's just there are so many others across the Resort with much more to offer.

• Visited June 2013
Cirencester, United Kingdom
“Just Ok”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

The Wharf is situated within Mina A Salam and has a large outside seating area outside.

Service was fine although the waitress messed up our order. I would say the food is ok, it wont win any awards but certainly wasnt offensive.

We ordered fish and chips and to be honest I cannot even remember what dessert we ordered so that says it all.

The best thing about The Wharf (which has already been mentioned by others) is the guy singing outside The Wharf. I wish he had been playing at a bar and I would of happily sat there for a few hours listening to him.

Probably wouldnt go back as there is so much choice in Dubai.

• Visited April 2013
United Kingdom
“The wharf – the worst Jumeriah restaurant.”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I regularly eat in Jumeriah restaurants and love the Madinat and hotel complex’s – but I will never be visiting The wharf again.

Terrible service, rude waiters with no menu knowledge and a massive wait between courses with the waiter trying to hide his mistakes from the manager – the bar tender was the only person we met who knew what they were doing.

Awful standard of food – the starters were poor but edible although served on a shared platter, which was odd. The main courses we sent back after a few bites. Cold meet, undercooked veg and over cooked potatoes all swimming in a layer of oil. Horrid.

Do not go. There are much better English pub grub options in Dubai that are much cheaper and plenty of other great restaurants that mean this place should be embarrassed to be in the Jumeriah chain.

• Visited May 2013
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Over-priced for pub grub...”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We arrived at The Wharf without a booking on a weekend night; it was very busy, but within only a few minutes the head waiter had made up a table for us. This is reflective of the excellent service we received all night.

The atmosphere was very relaxed, particularly so because of the live music provided. The young guy playing guitar and singing (which is par for the course jn this kind of Dubai venue) was as good (and probably better) as any I have seen or heard before.

The menu was OK, but nothing special; just standard pub grub. The food was however good - scotch egg starter and mains of fish and chips and salmon.

Nice setting by the water in Madinat, but relative to other venues in town, nothing special.

I will probably go back as I have a discount voucher, but Considering the price paid there are better places to eat in a similar style in Dubai - Dhow and Anchor,JBH for example.

• Visited May 2013