“Great Food”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Melbourne, Australia
“Great Food”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Great food in a beautiful setting. British pub food but verging on fine dining pub food. One of the few restaurants in Dubai where you can sit outside and smoking is not allowed - GREAT! This is part of Madinat Jumeirah which of course is great in itself.
Drinks were reasonable especially considering the surroundings - staff were pretty good also

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank claire_marshall34

Munich, Bayern, Germany
“Good Pub Grub!”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

We've been to this restaurant each time we've visited Dubai (which is quite often!) and we have never had a bad meal. The restaurant is lovely inside, but we normally ask to sit outside because they have a lovely area, overlooking the waterway of Madinat Jumeirah, which I love!

I always enjoy the fish and chips and the Shepards Pie was great too. My husband loves the pies and has different ones each time. I also like how the meals are presented for serving.

The staff were very efficient and friendly and they took good care of us. This time, my young son was awake for the meal, as when he was younger he was always asleep in his buggy. The staff were very friendly to him and bought him a colouring book and things to do. They also gave him a left over balloon from the brunch, which he was very pleased with and they bought his dinner quickly as we said he was hungry.

We will of course be eating there again on our next trip!

Visited January 2013
2 Thank Nicky909
Terrigal, Australia
“Not as Expected”
Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

The short trip to and from the restaurant, via the canal was pleasant as was The Wharf's location. However, between the three of us, we agreed that the food was average and the service slow. A pity, because many reviewers speak highly of the place.
Three mains and a bottle of wine cost over AED 600 - expensive for what we got.
A stroll around the restaurant provided us with a very impressive view of the Burj Al Arab at night.
I certainly could not recommend this restaurant, based on our experience.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“A dissapointing meal..”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

It has been a while since I wrote a negative review. Mainly because I tend to do my HW before trying out a new place. A few days ago we headed to Al Hambra, which is one of my favorites in Dubai, when we decided to try something new. I had heard about The Wharf and wanted to give it a shot.

On arrival the place was very quiet and no reservation had been required. The décor is quite interesting though not romantic. The seating outside was nice. Once we were seated, the manager arrived and (first question) asked if we had Entertainer vouchers. Hmmm, I did have one, but we weren’t sure if we would need it as we thought we were in the mood for a light dinner of soup, starters, and maybe a main. Still I said yes. We were asked to give them the voucher (another hmmm), but we did anyway. We were then asked if we wanted drinks which we ordered.

The menu was laid on the table in the form of paper place mats, and we made our selections. The apps were actually nice, and the small warm loaves of fresh bread were hands down the highlight of the meal. Then came the mains, DH thought the food was ok, though his lamb was a bit dry. I didn’t like my dish. The salmon was ok, but rather crispy and dry. The whole dish just smelled super… fishy ?- The walking in front of the fish counter in the supermarket kind of fishy. I love seafood, but this just isn’t what I was looking for. Service was friendly though a tad slow.

If I had to sum up, I would say that The Wharf is.. ok- a word I’ve used a lot today, though I rarely ever use it in reviews.
Now, because I generally love Jumeirah restaurants, I’m willing to consider this an off night and give The Wharf another go. It won’t be anytime soon though.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Gentle Traveler I
Dublin, Ireland
“Friday Brunch”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

You have not been to Dubai if you have not had Friday Brunch in "The Wharf" at the Mina A'Salam. Bijo and his excellent team put on a fantastic spread. The attention of the waiting staff is excellent and not at all intrusive. Service is always with a smile and no request excessive. Jumeirah train their staff well. EXCELLENT VALUE..... unlimited food from all corners of the world and unlimited drink, an expensive item in Dubai.......not to be missed, but book well in advance in order to get a waterside seat in the shade......perhaps 3-4 weeks before your visit or you wont get in and you will surely have been doing yourself out of an experience that is Dubai. Well done Bijo and your team.

• Visited December 2012