Copthorne Hotel Dubai
Jumeirah Emirates Towers(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$173
$123
$272
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$181
$136
Grosvenor House Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$210
$155
$230
$189
$218
$196
JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$118
$1,906
$191
$1,457
$1,225
All reviewsmetro stationdeira city centrecreek viewnice hotelfree wificlose to the airportnice stayrecommend this hotelbetween flightsliving roomswimming poolshort stayshopping mallreception staffenjoyed my stayan upgradespecial thanks
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I have driven past this hotel many times and thought that I should check it out. It looks like the rooms have great views over the Creek and all the rooms seem to have balconies. Also, the Copthorne conjures images of old grand hotels from the past. However, the reality didn't quite match my expectations. I was put in a small corner of the hotel, with a view so unappealing that it was best covered up by the curtains. The staff were very polite and professional and I had no problems checking in and out. The sport club was actually quite good and the pool great. It was a pity I only got to the pool late that evening due to being in meetings all day. I didn't have breakfast, which was not included, and I didn't eat in the hotel, so I can't comment on dining there, but the reception cafe could have been a lot more attentive to guests. I sat and had a meeting in the cafe without even once being offered tea or coffee. The staff put me in a smoking room, which wasn't so pleasant. Also, be warned about the taxis. The hotel tries to push you into using their own 'in-house' taxis, but the drivers are even more clueless about where to go than normal taxi drivers and that is REALLY saying something. I nearly missed my flight because the taxi driver got completely lost trying to find his way to the airport, even though the airport was a short distance away.

If this hotel could consider giving me a decent room, I would consider coming back here again. I am a big fan of the Deira area, which is where I usually stay. It is a great location if you want to walk to City Centre Mall. If I had a decent room and the sport club and pool were actually quite good, then I might come back to this hotel again. don't use their taxis, if possible.

Room Tip: Get a view of the creek with a balcony
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Bruce G
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Close to airport and DCC shopping area. Emirates puts all its economy passengers on layovers in Dubai. Amenities in the room are very basic. Hotel has moved to 'made in China' toiletries.
Restaurant quality has gone down in the last few years as well. Overall a basic hotel, suitable for overnight stay in Dubai.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Kamesh_E
Reviewed October 26, 2013

This hotel is very convenient when arriving or departing from the airport.(very near)
Parking is free as well as wifi.
A very warm welcome although we came with booking.com.
We were upgraded to a huge suite on the last floor with a magnificent view.
The bedding is of high quality as well as TVs.
The spa and swimming pool are very clean,very well looked after and very beautiful.
The parking is very convenient ( basement floor entering directly into the hotel lift)
We walked (5minutes) to the Deira city center mall ,leaving our car in the parking of the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Pierre55
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I chose the Copthorne, in part, based on its proximity to the Deira City Centre.

Generally speaking hotel staff were polite and helpful and the room service menu more extensive than other hotels I have stayed in. However this is where the positives end.

The range of accommodation options available to visitors in Dubai is, quite frankly, bewildering, and after spending 3 months traveling through Europe I didn't have a whole lot of money to spend on accommodations for my two day stopover in Dubai. Having said that, the cost of this hotel, in my opinion, was not a good investment, when considering I could have stayed two nights in the Westin Sydney for the same price.

I arrived at the hotel around 7:30 pm, after a flight from Frankfurt. Checkin was event free, however when I got to my room housekeeping was inside hurriedly making up the bed! The room also smelled of stale smoke which was pretty unpleasant until it dissipated a few hours later. There was no luggage stand in the room leaving nowhere for the porter to place my bag but on the rather distressed looking coffee table. In fact the whole room looked very tired, from the worn floorboards, to the extremely dirty floor to ceiling windows.

I was loathed to use the shower owing to the black mould in the grout between the files and the walls enclosing the bath and shower which were in significant disrepair. Even though my budget didn't allow for it, I seriously considered trying to find someplace else to stay that night.

While there was tea and coffee making facilities in the room there was no actual milk to have in tea and the mini bar was empty, not that you could have put anything in it in any case.

After a unsettled night, at 9 am the next morning, house keeping started knocking... and knocking... and knocking requesting to make up the room. As I was in the shower at the time the staff member kept knocking until I actually went to the door, in a towel, to say it wasn't convenient. While I am sure there were more comfortable accommodations in this hotel, I'm just disappointed I wasn't able to enjoy them.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank meejayne
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I have used this hotel on two occasions for overnight stopovers and found it adequate. The choice of food at breakfast and dinner was good. Good shuttle service to and from the airport. I would stay here again whilst overnighting in Dubai.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
CopDxb, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from Copthorne Hotel Dubai!

Many thanks for your review however you have stayed in Copthorne Airport Hotel Dubai and you have posted your comment on Copthorne Hotel Dubai. We are kindly requesting to please re-post the same on the right hotel.

Copthorne Airport Hotel (our sister hotel) nearby the airport and mostly handling all the Emirates transit/lay-over and is different than Copthorne Hotel Deira located in Deira next to the City Centre.

Best regards,