“DISAPPOINTING STAY!”

Ranked #227 of 542 Hotels in Dubai
Wigton, United Kingdom
“DISAPPOINTING STAY!”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

I would like to review this hotel-positives-pleasant enough door staff,reasonable location,good breakgfast and restaurant room.
Negatives-plugs in bathroom didnt work,jacuzzi in room didnt work,asked for non-smoking bedroom -was told guests smoke in all of the rooms-smell of stale tobacco in room! communal toilets swimming in fluid! asked for a late check out as was not flying until 3.30am-told no room avalable-staff very unhelpfull!!!! i would return to Dubai -but not this hotel-all faults and complaints were logged at hotel!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sophie454

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Karachi, Pakistan
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I was very pleased from the start when I walked in to the hotel. Very good environment. Ideal for Families and Business Trips. Great savings because it is very close to the Deira City Center Station. Staff is very helpful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Shahrukh H
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed May 15, 2013

We booked a one night stay in order to do some sight-seeing in Dubai, which was our disembarkation port after a 14 night cruise. We were travelling with 12 friends, so we had reserved 4 suites. The rooms were first class - clean, bright, well furnished with flat screen tv's in all the rooms, along with free WIFI access. The manager was exceptionally nice,and gave us first class treatment. The staff were extremely helpful and made our stay there stress free. The hotel had a tour desk and they helped arrange the shuttle bus for our tour around Dubai. The buffet breakfast was excellent, which the Manager included in the price of the room. The hotel location was perfect, we were able to walk to the mall and transit station. Our flight was in the evening, but the Hotel Manager allowed us to have use of our rooms past the scheduled checkout time. The tour desk arranged our trip to the airport on the hotel shuttle for a very reasonable price. This hotel stay was truly a wonderful experience!

Room Tip: Restaurant has reasonable prices for good food.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Rosalie M
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I contacted the hotel on Sunday 17 march to reserve a room for 21 March. I specifically mentioned I have a 6 month old baby and asked for a cot which was confirmed. I arrived 21 March with no valet person outside or any indication where to park. At reception I again asked for the cot and was told room service will bring it. Once we entered our room, the drilling from construction work in the hotel was so loud that we could barely hear each other. I couldn't put my baby down to nap due to the noise. I contacted reception and room service twice again asking for the cot and kept on being told they will bring it. At 17:30 I went to reception and asked again only to be told that they have no cot available. I then asked to see the manager. A gentleman called Mina. He told me to give him 15 minutes. 15 minutes later (18:30), he called to move us to a different room due to the noise but said he is still looking for a cot. I then had to pack up everything, go to a new room and make a bed on the floor with duvets and pillows foe my baby. She couldn't sleep betweenbus as she never has and I did not want ro run the risk of her smothering under the duvet. Letting her sleep on the floor and not in a cot is just as dangerous as they can pull the pillows or duvet over their face. A HUGE risk for SIDS. We specifically chose this hotel as you clearly advertise your child friendly facilities. The new room we were put in basically took us from bad to worse. The aircon is set at 16 degrees and not matter what we did, it doesn't go higher. The one kitchen sink plug was bent so it cannot be used. The bar fridge wasnt stocked.

For an iinternational hotel group and a room that I paid AED 950 for, this is unacceptable. This is the worse service I have ever had from any hotel in the middle east. Now I have to try and sleep while worrying about my baby sleeping on a duvet and the potential of her getting injured or worse, smothering under the duvet.

If it wasnt 6pm at night and if I didnt live in Abu Dhabi, I would've left the hotel when they told me that the cot is not available. But my baby had to sleep.

I do not expect an apology. Im sick of apologies. And if I am going to get a standard response from the general manager, then do not even bother. I expect action to be taken and to be compensated for the bad experience we had.

If you read the reviews then I am not the first person to have been promised a baby cot and then have it unavailable.

• Stayed March 2013
5 Thank sondra-hope
Worldwide
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We just spent 2 nights at this hotel. Originally only 1 night was booked via booking.com. We tried call the hotel direct to book a second night however, the receptionists kept hanging up on us. When we eventually got through they informed us that reservations closed at 8pm, it was 1 minute past 8!
When we did arrive we were made to wait 30 minutes before our room was ready and when I asked if there was a bar, they informed me that it was a dry hotel. (No mention of this during booking).
Later on the first night, we placed the breakfast card on the door for the next morning. When breakfast arrived, there was only 1 breakfast for 2 people! We were then told that we had only requested 1 breakfast. 2nd day we returned around 5pm to find the room un-made and the breakfast trays still in the room.
We complained about the service and the attitude of the staff concerned. We were up-graded, however this is not the point.
Dubai has a huge number of hotels that provide a great quality of service and amenities. Shop around even the ibis hotel over the road is far superior.
Thank you Copthorne but NEVER again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I stayed here a couple of nights on a business trip just because it was recommended by Agoda and cheaper than its peer 5-stars in the area. I remembered my Dad's words: Everything cheap is not good and Most things good are never cheap!. I realized the moment I entered the small unimpressive lobby - I always wonder how 4-star hotels in Dubai get 5-star ratings? The concierge team was only interested in pushing customers to a private taxi service parked outside their porch. This hotel is off the main road and hence not many public taxis pass by - this is a haven for the concierge team to make an extra buck by recommending more expensive taxis to unsuspecting customers. The rooms are a good size with poor lighting and the bathroom has sub-optimal shower pressure. I complained on Day1 to the housekeeping about a non-functional power-point but no one bothered for the next 48 hours to repair it. The breakfast is like that of a 2-star hotel and guests keep waiting for the chefs to appear at the live Omlette counter! I waited for 15 minutes and left without the Omlette. I wanted to go on a complimentary shuttle service provided by the Dubai Outlet Mall. The concierge informed me that the hotel pick-up time for guests is 16:25 hours. I came down at 16:15 hours and was told that the bus had just left. The staff is mighty irresponsible. I realised that the hotel is running on auto-pilot because Emirates Airlines uses it as a transit Hotel for its guests.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet because the Hotel is off the busy roads!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
CopDxb, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Copthorne Hotel Dubai!

We would like to thank you for the below and we are expecting your next visit to extend our Hospitality for you

Copthorne Hotel Dubai Managment
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Reception staff are pretty poor - checked us into a smoking instead of non smoking room when I clearly asked for the letter. After much debating over whether non smoking rooms were available or not and me threatening to hold the hotel accountable for any health related concerns (the smoke stench in the rooms was unbearable) we were shifted to another room in 20 mins!

No free Wifi, when I asked for their business centre hours, "Sorry sir, its closed for renovations" I asked for a Wifi connection in the room. "Sorry sir, this is only available down at reception!" I had to use the Wifi at the cafe downstairs, 20 dirhams minimum spend to get a connection for an hour.

Do not select a room with the Park view, this is on the same side as their wedding/reception venue. They have speakers mounted on the walls - It was so loud that I didnt get to sleep until 12am at night when the function ended, then had to get 14hr non stop flight at 7am. Not fun at all.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Elvin S
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Copthorne Hotel Dubai!

Copthorne Hotel Dubai Managment