“City Max Al Barsha”

Dunes Hotel Apartments Barsha
Ranked #238 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed April 15, 2012

My daughter and I stayed at the City Max Al Barsha for 5 nights. The Rooms were small but clean, the bedding changed every day. Lack of wardrobe space though... two women sharing we found that difficult, had to resort from living out of our suitcases. only one big drawer and very basic hanging space. Small bathroom, but adequate. Staff friendly. Service good. I had to report a bulb had gone out above the shower, they were on to it immediately. One day our room boy forgot to leave towels ... one phone call to reception, within 5-10 minutes, knock on the door with the towels. We didn't eat in the hotel, but the breakfast was adequate for our needs, there wasn't a huge choice, but we only like toast and cereal anyway so didn't matter to us. Coffee was nice. There is a roof top pool, but you will be lucky to get a place up there. We went up at 9am and every sunbed was taken. The location of the hotel isn't the best, and I think if we returned to Dubai we wouldn't stay in The Al Barsha area.. We did notice a few girls hanging around the hotel, scantily clad (I'll say no more)! There is a night club in the hotel too which we found a bit noisy on our first night. Didn't seem to bother us after that, not sure if it's on every night. It's locaton to the Mall of the Emirates is handy - just across the road. With it being our first time in Dubai it was a good place to start and explore. But anywhere you stay in Dubai, you need to get a taxi or metro. Don't expect to just come out of the hotel and stroll down to the beaches... Not if you want to cross a 6 lane motorway (in both directions).. All in all we thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Dubai, and The city Max provided us with a base, it isn't luxury, but I guess you get what you pay for, and somewhere to rest your head after a hectic day.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ruth P

Reviewed February 20, 2012

The Dunes hotel is right behind the emirates mall which is quite convinient. The hotel is rather simple, very simple lobby. The breakfast which we had included in the room rate is absolutely horrible. Dont even border, go to the mall for breakfast or make your own.
The sound proving is not good, you will hear the lift bell the whole night.
But we liked the location.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 22, 2011

Stayed there with my parents for 4 nights. The apartment was spacious and clean. We had the two bedroom apartment which had: a living room, a kitchen, two bedrooms (one master), & three bathrooms. The TV had some decent channels. Free wireless internet available. Walking distance from Mall of the Emirates.
I definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Izz0
Reviewed September 13, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and I was totally satisfied. It is opposite to Emirates Mall and very easy to reach. In fact, the hotel does not look so great from outside and it's surrounded by nothing. However, I was surprised to see the large size rooms and it's excellent contents. It is a large suite with a living room, Kitchen, a bathroom and a large bedroom. It was very clean and quiet. We did not have a chance to try all facilities like the pool or else but I enjoyed the free wireless internet inside the room. I was happy the furniture was in a very good conditions and comfortable. I did not have any concern about it at all and will return back to it if I come back to Dubai.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 15, 2011

I staye3 nights here whilst on a business trip. I checked out to a more suitable hotel after 3 nights. This hotel is located just across the road from the Mall of the Emirates, so for shopping you can't go wrong. The rooms were not suitable for business purposes, the desk to work from was tiny as was the room. The bath room was again tiny. I took breafast therem which was ok, I used the one of the bars for a meal, which again was not fantastic, I dined across the road in the "Eat Ally" a quiet place that served Italian and Indian food, I tried both, the Indian was exceptional!
Would I stay there again probably not. Its fine for a few nights when you go to Dubai to shop.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 4, 2011

For my second stay here, I chose the Executive Roomp--the room was considerably smaller and quite smokey despite my request for a non-smoking room on the booking site. There was a stain on the sheets but other things seemed clean. Other than that, everything was great like before. Maybe it’s better to choose the bigger one-bedroom apartment-what you pay is what you get I guess.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed May 3, 2011

Very roomy clean and tidy. However there were some problems with the Wi-Fi in the rooms and coverage was very poor not to mention that you have to pay about US$ 8.00/day for the service. The breakfast is limited and served directly to rooms with no choices. The hotel is very near to the famous EM mall but is far away from other hot spots. In general the hotel is clean and tidy, service is good , the only disatvanges seem to be the breakfast, Wi-Fi coverage and a bit less the location

Room Tip: Avoid the breakfast. Avoid paying for useless WF