“Good place cold beer”

The Irish Village
Ranked #139 of 9,929 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Description: The Irish Village restaurant and bar recreates the culture and hospitality of a traditional Irish pub. The Irish Village long-standing popularity is rightly deserved for always hosting world–renowned acts and brilliant concerts; over the years many celebrities have performed there: Sir Bob Geldof, Beverley Knight, Ali Campbell, Paolo Nutini and the Proclaimers to name just a few... It also offers media-acclaimed pub food and great craic
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

Met friends for dinner and decided to go to the irish village for a drink after dinner. Very nice staff and good service. Beer was cold. :)

Reviewed March 3, 2014

While staying at the Creekside hotel (sharing the same garden with the Irish village) for the tennis tournament, decided to have a beer and finger food there with my wife and another colleague. What a mistake and treatment I never experienced anywhere before.

When we gave our order, we were asked whether we wanted to 'open a tab' or 'pay as you go'. Opting for 'pay as you go', I was more than happy to pay with my cc as soon as the food came.along with the bill. The waiter however disappeared with my cc (instead of bringing a pin machine) and good 15 min passed before I complained to other waiters that my cc was not back yet. Two more waiters showed up not knowing what happened, finally the 3rd girl came to return my cc (obviously in an effort to remove the first and the second waiters from the scene).

When I told her that now in view of the circumstances I will not pay with the cc, but only in cash once I have spoken to the manager, she refused to give me back the cc and I was then forced literally to grab it from her hand, and insisted to see the manager.

The 'manager' came shortly, along with four body guards who immediately surrounded me while I was sitting on a bar stool. He had his arms in the back, but bending with his face totally towards me. He then went on to ask me to pay the bill and leave the place (note that no food was tasted nor beer was consumed at all by that time). I protested, as obviously I was in any case going to pay the bill, however he continued shouting in my face. I was well aware that he was trying to provoke further incident, so I kept my arms firmly in the back. On reasons, he explained that 'everything was recorded on camera and I better leave the place now or I will be escorted and police will be called'.

I already felt disgusted and had no desire to spend a second more in that place, so gave him 200 AED (50 USD) and left. The end result - I was physically robbed as no food was consumed at all.

So be aware - if you have a burning desire to visit this awful place, be aware at least to bring the cash and never hand your cc to the waiters. I am taking further steps on this issue with my visa issuer as well as the management of the group this place belongs to, but this is to forewarn any potential tourists of this trap.

Note that I gave neutral (3 star rating) to the food there as NA answer is not possible. However, as I did not consume any food there obviously I am not able to rate it.

7  Thank mikimedic
Reviewed February 28, 2014

It's not easy to find nice place in Dubai with good atmosphere, cold beer and live music. Prices are relatively low. It's not fancy place what is not very commom so you can spend a nice evening with friends and feel comfortable without high heels!

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Was a good day there, would definitely go again ! The weather was amazing, it'd be best if you go in Winter. The service was good, food was fine "although portion was little small" . The atmosphere was the best ! And the singer Steve Graham was really good. I highly recommend going there.

Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

Been here a couple of times and believe me this is a happy place. I can go here every now and then! The people are awesome, beer is more than great, plus the food!