We had such a fantastic stay here that I don't know where to start. The hotel is located on the beachfront just after the road out to the palm and before the start of Jumeirah Beach Residence Walk (JBR) and the Marina. It is not a tower block hotel as so many of the hotels are and is quite original and beautiful. It is very elegant, cool and luxurious inside. We booked the executive package as transfers were included to and from the airport, this was wonderful as we were greeted in the car with cool evian and towels and didn't have to worry about taxis etc. Also included in this was breakfast in the executive suite and snacks and soft drinks throughout most of the day. We went up there for breakfast most days as it was quieter and the high tea was a small treat to keep us going until dinner. The staff up there can also help you with any info you require or booking trips etc and there is a business suite there too.
The rooms are very spacious and luxurious, not sure quite what was going on with the beds though, they were supposed to be extra comfy but I felt like I was sleeping in a hollow all week dont know if it was the mattress or the comfy bit on top but it was the same in the other bed we had had. (we changed to a sea view on the second night after realising we had not booked a room with a view, this does cost a bit more...) There is a large flat screen TV, good mini bar and huge baths and showers. The cot we arranged for our son was great. The whole thing appears to be able to go in the wash so it was spotless! Which is something you can never be sure of.
We were always greeted so warmly by the staff and not in a fake Disney way, they all seemed genuinely happy. Upon arrival my son was given a couple of welcome packs, such a great idea, containing socket covers, sun hat, plasters, antiseptic cream and wipes etc, cudddly toy, book, pens, rubber duck. We needed to use the services of the nurse whilst we were there for an eye infection our son had picked up from a day at a water park, she was prompt and efficient and within the hour the cream we needed was delivered from the pharmacy to our room!
The pools are lovely, a nice winding pool with pool bar and a large section where children cannot go, which is just what those without children may appreciate. There is also a lap pool and a covered kids pool with a slide. The beach is lovely too, with buckets and spades supplied. There are always plenty of lifeguards around and waiting staff to take your drink or snack order or bring you an iced towel or adjust your sun umbrella!
The restaurants are fantastic, we ate 3 times at the Spice emporium because the food was so good, we also tried Hunters steak house and grill and blue orange. The food could not be faulted, or the staff, and the childrens menu is also pretty good. Room service was also excellent. In busola the pizzas are nice but we didnt eat downstairs in the pasta place as we could not see a lot on the menu that we liked. (due to our fussiness not the menu..) It would have been nice to be able to have some pasta in the pizza place but they do not mix and match.
The hotel is only 10 minutes away from Mall of the emirates, Wild Waddi and the Atlantis hotel. I will say though, perhaps not to bother doing the Big bus tour from the hotel as the transfer to the first stop takes forever (this is not the hotel but the Big Bus tour service), better to get a taxi to the creek part and do that or arrange a tour by private taxi.
I cannot fault this hotel, it was so good. Everyone goes out of their way to make sure you have a great holiday. It would be ideal for a romantic trip but it was just as great for us with our 1 year old. I wish I could live there.......
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Occupying a prime location on Jumeirah Beach, the Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi is a 5-star beach resort. It features spectacular 5 resort pools, a 1,200 m private beach, luxurious rooms and 8 restaurants. Panoramic views over the Arabian Gulf and the Palm Jumeirah can be enjoyed from most rooms and parts of the Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort. Rooms and suites include free Wi-Fi, a Nespresso machine, spacious seating area, and a marble bathroom with luxury bath amenities. Modern and classical design with high ceilings and grand mirrors are also featured in each unit. Guests can relax at the Heavenly Spa by Westin. There are also tennis courts, a fitness centre, and a water sports centre. At the Westin Mina Seyahi children can enjoy a kids pool, daily beach games, kids club and a Wild Wadi Waterpark nearby. Steakhouse, Thai and Italian cuisine are just some of the choices on offer, served formally or informally. Spanish, Asian and international dishes can also be savoured at the resort. Special menus for children are served in the restaurants. Westin Dubai is 5 minutes by car from Jumeirah Beach Walk and 20 minutes away from Burj Khalifa and Dubai Mall. Mina Seyahi is a great choice for travellers interested in beaches, family holiday, relaxation and food. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina Hotel Dubai
- Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort And Marina
- Dubai Westin