Ranked #57 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed July 5, 2009

My partner and I stayed at this hotel for three nights this April, the only down side was that our stay was not long enough. I loved this hotel. Possible the best hotel I have ever stayed at. Decor is gorgeous. Breakfast is out of this world with many foods on offer. From reading previous reviews about the food being cold, I can honestly say that I never experienced this. Rooms are beautiful,very roomy and luxurious. The heavenly beds ensure the best sleep possible. If you are considering this hotel I would definitely encourage you to book. I myself have booked to return this September for two weeks.I can you assure you that you won't be disappointed with this hotel. Enjoy.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
minaseyahi, General Manager at The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2009

Dear Frankie17x,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at The Westin Dubai on TripAdvisor.

We're very happy to learn that your stay was enjoyable and that you will be returning this September. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

There are newer reviews for The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina

Reviewed July 3, 2009

Overall this is a great hotel.
Lovely, spacious room. Great food. Large pools. Friendly staff.

But some aspects can still be improved. Our flight on to Maldives wasn't till very late, yet check out was at midday. In the hotel guide book in our room we read about shower and changing facilities available to guests on the 2nd floor. However, when we enquired about them at reception, 3 managers assured us this was not the case - so a 5* beach resort doesn't offer its guests with late flights changing facilities... very odd! So we had to use pool showers and public toilets to change - terrible experience!
Also, restaurant service can be improved. Restaurants were never more than 30% occupied, yet sometimes we had to remind staff about our drink orders several times! And eventually drinks arrived after we've finished eating.
Although it's a Westin, this hotel is not part of Starwood rewards program and as Gold members we didn't get any benefits.
Also, this was our honeymoon and this was stated on our reservation. However, it wasn't reflected in the hotel's system when we arrived. Eventually they did bring us a bottle of red wine - not as special as other hotel offers to honeymooners.

Also, hotel doesn't offer free internet access - it's quite expensive. Normally, access is free at hotels of this standard...

Overall, it's a solid, American-style 5* resort. But don't expect any special touches. Staff are polite, but nothing else. Next time we will stay in a more traditional local 5* hotel, where staff really go out of their way to make you feel special.

Reviewed June 30, 2009

Since January I am located in Bahrain and after a few weeks we decided we couldn't enjoy the weekends in Al Manama and decided to go to Dubai for the weekend and after that we went every weekend. Since my stay at Westin a week ago I have seen many, so called 5 stars hotels in Dubai. From Habtoor Grand, to Ritz Carlton, to Grosvernor House, Madinat Salam and Atlantis to mention a few. This time I booked through via Internet at Westin and I regret now that didn't find this hotel earlier.

Despite I stayed in a lot of the so called 5 stars hotels in Dubai, we were afraid that this hotel was a downgrading. Our experience was the opposite and some hotels against twice the room rate should send some undercover guest to Westin to experience to exceptional professional attitude of the personal at the Westin. It doesn't matter who it was, the frontdesk manager, the pool boy, the guy that was cleaning in the middle of the night; all were very friendly, very help full and very polite. Never we experienced a person that was not happy to do his job in this hotel and every time we felt we were trully welcome.

I was quite surprised by the front desk. I already encountered problems at the car rental at Dubai airport with my credit card (skimmed to the max) and explained this during check in. This was no problem for the hotel. They accepted the situation, checked me in and gave me a warm feeling that everything would be alright and that I could pay later.

The rooms are already described in previous reviews and they are big compared to other hotels I stayed and very well equipped (complementary Nespresso machine), high standard of finishing and a superb bathroom.

The poolside is beautiful and as the rest of the hotel, very clean and very well maintained. The odd shape of the pool is nice and different of what I have seen before in Dubai. The water is cooled down and is much cooler then the sea. This is fantastic and some hotels can take this as an example.

The best service I encountered at the poolside at the side for the adults. We were laying down at the grass and the environment encouraged me to pop the question at my girlfriend that she was probably (for sure) was waiting for since a long, long time (for the curious people: her answer was yes). I will never forget this hotel anymore for the rest of my life. Especially that the barman at the pool allowed us to open our own bottle of champagne and he took care of the glasses and the ice. I know, this is very exceptinal and I am very great full to him that he allowed it.

Of course this hotel has also a minor thing. Extension was not possible against the internet rate and I couldn't book for the next weekend in the hotel for the same reason. But this is minor issue and coming weekend we will be in this hotel again for sure.

Thanks to the Westin and especially the people working there that made staying in this hotel an unforgettable experience.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
minaseyahi, General Manager at The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2009

Dear Frits_From_Holland,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review - we are very glad that your recent weekend stay with us at The Westin Dubai exceeded your expectations. We also offer a hearty congratulations on your engagement!

We look forward to welcoming you back many more times at The Westin.

Reviewed June 21, 2009

have just returned from the westin, rooms clean and large , food good, we were on half board , meals are very expensive as are drinks a burger was £15 and bowl of chips almost a fiver, ton at the pool is great puts out your towels and moves beds for u , also brings cold towels, all the staff are friendly and helpful, we arrived at 8am and one of our two rooms were ready unfortunately there was a problem with the second room, and we did not get our two rooms then until 3pm, the hotel is in a great location and we couldnt fault it at all.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
minaseyahi, General Manager at The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2009

Dear BedfordshireJp,

Thank you for choosing The Westin Dubai for your recent holiday! We're glad that your stay was an enjoyable one and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Dubai.

Reviewed June 14, 2009

I would just like to say that if anybody is looking for a really good hotel in Dubai the Westin is it, the staff are fantastic the hotel is exceptionally clean and the beds are the best I have ever slept in, in a hotel, it is situated right on the beach, I am going back again this month and this will be my 6th time at this hotel. I book with Alasdair from Destinology for all my holidays, he advises all the hotels that meet my criteria and he has never let me down yet, I always get a fantastic hotel for the best price so thank you Alasdair

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Lynny11
minaseyahi, General Manager at The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2009

Dear Lynny11,

Thank you for your wonderful comments and choosing the The Westin Dubai as your home in Dubai.

We greatly value our returning guests and we look forward to welcoming you back this month for your 6th stay!

Reviewed June 12, 2009

Just back from a week at The Westin 01-08 June, after two nights at the Atlantis......

This was our second trip after going last June too. We booked a full board package via Netflights, expecting it to be all meals in Blue Orange. When we checked in we discovered that our package actually enabled us to eat in any restauarant and included drinks with our meals(house wine & spirits, draught beer and softs). We ate once in Hunters and had the most amazing steak with all the trimmings, a really top quality meal, twice in Spice Emporium......short rib green curry, jumbo prawns, beef satay, chicken parcels....ah wow wow wow. Once in Bussola again which was great and 3 nights in Blue Orange which I also think is excellent. We are still not sure if the package of dine round & drinks was an upgrade or a mistake, but when I queried the bill several times in the week items charged where removed when queried, so top marks to the hotel for honouring.

The resort is really good, lots of space, a sectioned off adults only area, a covered kids pool with small slide and two lifeguards. The beach is immaculate and has buckets and spades for the kids which is a nice touch. The sea is crystal clear and calm and at this time of year sooooo warm.

Inside the hotel the granduer of the atrium and lobby is really smart, a pianist plays 7pm - 9pm adding a touch of serenity.

The staff are really good too, especially Johhny the pancake man in Blue Orange, always smiling and happy, Raj the Bar Supervisor for North & South Pool Bars, Kennedy the lifeguard.

Anyone considering this hotel, i would strongly recommend it makes your shortlist, its a great property and we will no doubt return again.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family

Dear colinchap,

Thank you for choosing The Westin Dubai for your recent family vacation!

We're so glad that your stay was an exceptional one and appreciate the time you've taken to highlight this to our other potential guests.

Looking forward to welcoming you back at The Westin Dubai on your next trip to Dubai.

Reviewed June 12, 2009

Stayed at this hotel 2 weeks ago for 10 days and it was way beyond our expecatations.

Our Executive Club room was spacious, clean and everything we would want. The Club area was just fabulous and a big thanks to Nadine and Armad who were so very helpful in booking restaurants/knowledge of Dubai/general requests that we had. The evenings were so peaceful and relaxing in the lounge. I would highly recommend it.

Hunters Bar & Grill - superb restaurant, fantastic menu, and even myself whom is a vegetarian they still catered for me whilst my husband enjoyed the steaks which he said were fantastic.

Room Service - we had this twice and both times, the food was fantastic, the menu catered for our every need and was presented so well.

Overall very impressed with this hotel and will definitely be returning again.....hopefully in December.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Posh44
minaseyahi, General Manager at The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2009

Dear Posh44,

Thank you for choosing The Westin Dubai for your recent holiday!

We're very happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and particularly the superb culinary experience that The Westin offers.

We look forward to welcoming you back in December.