Since January I am located in Bahrain and after a few weeks we decided we couldn't enjoy the weekends in Al Manama and decided to go to Dubai for the weekend and after that we went every weekend. Since my stay at Westin a week ago I have seen many, so called 5 stars hotels in Dubai. From Habtoor Grand, to Ritz Carlton, to Grosvernor House, Madinat Salam and Atlantis to mention a few. This time I booked through via Internet at Westin and I regret now that didn't find this hotel earlier.
Despite I stayed in a lot of the so called 5 stars hotels in Dubai, we were afraid that this hotel was a downgrading. Our experience was the opposite and some hotels against twice the room rate should send some undercover guest to Westin to experience to exceptional professional attitude of the personal at the Westin. It doesn't matter who it was, the frontdesk manager, the pool boy, the guy that was cleaning in the middle of the night; all were very friendly, very help full and very polite. Never we experienced a person that was not happy to do his job in this hotel and every time we felt we were trully welcome.
I was quite surprised by the front desk. I already encountered problems at the car rental at Dubai airport with my credit card (skimmed to the max) and explained this during check in. This was no problem for the hotel. They accepted the situation, checked me in and gave me a warm feeling that everything would be alright and that I could pay later.
The rooms are already described in previous reviews and they are big compared to other hotels I stayed and very well equipped (complementary Nespresso machine), high standard of finishing and a superb bathroom.
The poolside is beautiful and as the rest of the hotel, very clean and very well maintained. The odd shape of the pool is nice and different of what I have seen before in Dubai. The water is cooled down and is much cooler then the sea. This is fantastic and some hotels can take this as an example.
The best service I encountered at the poolside at the side for the adults. We were laying down at the grass and the environment encouraged me to pop the question at my girlfriend that she was probably (for sure) was waiting for since a long, long time (for the curious people: her answer was yes). I will never forget this hotel anymore for the rest of my life. Especially that the barman at the pool allowed us to open our own bottle of champagne and he took care of the glasses and the ice. I know, this is very exceptinal and I am very great full to him that he allowed it.
Of course this hotel has also a minor thing. Extension was not possible against the internet rate and I couldn't book for the next weekend in the hotel for the same reason. But this is minor issue and coming weekend we will be in this hotel again for sure.
Thanks to the Westin and especially the people working there that made staying in this hotel an unforgettable experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Occupying a prime location on Jumeirah Beach, the Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi is a 5-star beach resort. It features spectacular 5 resort pools, a 1,200 m private beach, luxurious rooms and 8 restaurants. Panoramic views over the Arabian Gulf and the Palm Jumeirah can be enjoyed from most rooms and parts of the Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort. Rooms and suites include free Wi-Fi, a Nespresso machine, spacious seating area, and a marble bathroom with luxury bath amenities. Modern and classical design with high ceilings and grand mirrors are also featured in each unit. Guests can relax at the Heavenly Spa by Westin. There are also tennis courts, a fitness centre, and a water sports centre. At the Westin Mina Seyahi children can enjoy a kids pool, daily beach games, kids club and a Wild Wadi Waterpark nearby. Steakhouse, Thai and Italian cuisine are just some of the choices on offer, served formally or informally. Spanish, Asian and international dishes can also be savoured at the resort. Special menus for children are served in the restaurants. Westin Dubai is 5 minutes by car from Jumeirah Beach Walk and 20 minutes away from Burj Khalifa and Dubai Mall. Mina Seyahi is a great choice for travellers interested in beaches, family holiday, relaxation and food. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina Hotel Dubai
- Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort And Marina
- Dubai Westin