Just returned from a 10 day stay at the Westin with my husband and 9 yr old son on a bed and breakfast basis. After reading mixed reports on this site I was a liitle unsure what to expect, but we were absolutely amazed when we arrived at the hotel. Absolutely stunning hotel visually. We were met by very friendly staff who provided ice cold water, chocolates and a cold flannels on arrival. We were checked into our room very promptly but they had forgotten to put in an extra bed for our son, but apologised and swifly brought one to the room. The room itself was very spacious even with the extra bed, very clean, bottled water and ice in an ice bucket provided. We were on the 6th floor and our balcony looked out onto the pools, beach, palm etc. The bathroom had bath and sperate shower cubicle and toilet cubicle with marble everywhere, dressing gowns & slippers provided. There is a free coffee maker in the room and chargeable mini bar and snacks which appeared a bit pricey! They will remove the contents of the mini bar on request if you which to use the chiller for you own drinks/snacks which we did.
Each evening more complimentry bottles of water, ice and chocolates were left in our room. Half way through our stay my son was left a complimentry 'Westin Camel' on his bed.
The Blue Orange restaurant is still closed sot he breakfast was either in the Spice Emporium or Hunters Grill, both served the same food, all very good buffet selection. One morning the food was a little cold though. We did eat most of our evening meals out, but did try the Hotel's Hunters Grill which served very good quality food and the most huge steaks! It also has a seperate kids menu for the younger ones or those kids who are fussy and prefer the nuggets or burger and chips!
Travelling with a child we found that we could not drink in the hotel bars in the evening in the Westin. We could obviously have a drink in the restaurants with a meal, but were a bit restricted after. Although we could have perhaps ordered more drinks after our meal, and there was absolutely no pressure to leave our table, it didn't seem right to sit at a restaurant table just drinking. The only place we could have a drink was in Le Meridien's Barasti bar on the beach, which is really great from Sunday to Wednesday with big bed seats looking out to sea and suitable to take children as they can play in the floodlit sand. Be warned it is heaving and so busy Thursday to Saturday you have to fight your way through (drunken brits mostly I'm ashamed to say) to the bar and not really the place to take small children on those days.
The location of the hotel is great. Only a 5 minute cab ride to the marina, which cost between 8-10 Dhs, and cabs where readily available. The Hotel has it's own private beach and has several swimming pools. The facilities of the westin and Le Meridien are shared so you can wonder between the two. Our son preferred the infinity pool in Le Merdien because it starts shallow and progresses deeper, whereas the long winding pool at the Westin was the same depth all round which was up to my neck when standing and well over my son's head which is fine if you are a confident swimmer. Both the Westin and Le Merdien have shaded childrens pools but it is more for toddlers and babies. There are pool bars serving both drinks and great food for lunch and early evening and swim up bars. You can even order food & drinks sitting round the pool or even on the beach. Ice cold flannels where brought round the pool area a couple of times a day or more.
If your feeling energetic you can hire sailing boats, kayaks, sail boards etc from the beach. The kayaks are free for half an hour. You can go water skiing or take an hour speed boat trip around the palm which I would definately recommend for 700 Dhs for up to 6 people. (you can take some great photos of Atlantis, Burj al Arab, coastline etc)
The Westin kids club is still not open but my son joined Le Meridien kids club which is based between the two hotels. There were not many kids at the hotels when we were there but never the less the club still ran. I must say it was wonderful. The staff were extremely good and well trained, I felt completely happy leaving my son in their care. All staff were very frinedly and attentive with the kids. So many activities they can do from football, basketball, table tennis, snorkelling, sailing, banana boat to creative model making, dvd's even playstation! My son was the only child wanting to try snorkelling one day, so Sam & Dillon took my son and even my husband joined the kids club that day and they took him!
All in all a fantastic hotel and holiday. All the staff where great and we were waited on hand and foot, we couldn't even put our own beach towells on the sun loungers! I would definately recommend this hotel, and will be going back next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Occupying a prime location on Jumeirah Beach, the Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi is a 5-star beach resort. It features spectacular 5 resort pools, a 1,200 m private beach, luxurious rooms and 8 restaurants. Panoramic views over the Arabian Gulf and the Palm Jumeirah can be enjoyed from most rooms and parts of the Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort. Rooms and suites include free Wi-Fi, a Nespresso machine, spacious seating area, and a marble bathroom with luxury bath amenities. Modern and classical design with high ceilings and grand mirrors are also featured in each unit. Guests can relax at the Heavenly Spa by Westin. There are also tennis courts, a fitness centre, and a water sports centre. At the Westin Mina Seyahi children can enjoy a kids pool, daily beach games, kids club and a Wild Wadi Waterpark nearby. Steakhouse, Thai and Italian cuisine are just some of the choices on offer, served formally or informally. Spanish, Asian and international dishes can also be savoured at the resort. Special menus for children are served in the restaurants. Westin Dubai is 5 minutes by car from Jumeirah Beach Walk and 20 minutes away from Burj Khalifa and Dubai Mall. Mina Seyahi is a great choice for travellers interested in beaches, family holiday, relaxation and food. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort And Marina
- Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina Hotel Dubai
- Dubai Westin