12th - 21st sept. Flew out with Emirates - great, half empty plane both ways could sleep across a row of four. will use them again defo.
Check in efficient but a little cold. Taken to room (Sea View Deluxe) looked really nice. Was surprised no welcome pack in the room (fruit etc) as with most other five star hotels (have stayed at Jumeriah Beach Hotel previously) the only welcome were two WARM bottles of water! Which became a theme EVERY time you asked for water even in the restaurant - where are they storing this stuff because it isnt in a fridge!
Housekeeping - very good. But you may need to bring a kettle if you prefer Tea as the Coffee maker in room dispenses luke warm water.
Pools- good lifeguard attendance, watch children near the large pool as it is 5ft deep and not very well signed.
Restaurants - now where do I start. Blue Orange was open for our first three days. Floor was an accident waiting to happen. Breakfast was stone cold, have never tasted a sausage so cold before and sometimes evening meals were strange combinations Moved the breakfast & set buffet meals from then onwards. Breakfast in hunters, need to train staff - tables half laid, having to constantly ask for things. would ask if you wanted Tea or Coffee on seating then forget to provide. No butter- had to ask, tea spoons missing. became a game in the end to see if we would get a fully set table. Evening buffet was served in the Ballroom (omg). some nights there were four/five groups sitting in the corridor outside waiting to be seated. Same problems again with service also noticed they didnt provide any typ of food for children? asked for two fosters, waiter brought us two bottles - no glasses we had to send him back for glasses. by the end of our holiday I couldnt stand this anymore. restaurant service was a nightmare and the food became monotomous. the evening before departure you get a letter from service centre explaining that your checking out the next day and to please complete the customer questionaire (not enclosed) and they couldnt find one when requested. had to write everything on hotel paper. I will add here that they did call me once I got home to apologise and confirm that they had received my feedback, but next time I will be staying at Mina A Salam. Westin needs to up its game because once all the new hotels are finished they are going to have to compete for the business at the moment they don't quite deliver. P.S watch your room bill carefully and keep checking it with reception, took two days to resolve a charge which was for another room could you imagine what would have happened if we had left this to the last minute.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Occupying a prime location on Jumeirah Beach, the Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi is a 5-star beach resort. It features spectacular 5 resort pools, a 1,200 m private beach, luxurious rooms and 8 restaurants. Panoramic views over the Arabian Gulf and the Palm Jumeirah can be enjoyed from most rooms and parts of the Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort. Rooms and suites include free Wi-Fi, a Nespresso machine, spacious seating area, and a marble bathroom with luxury bath amenities. Modern and classical design with high ceilings and grand mirrors are also featured in each unit. Guests can relax at the Heavenly Spa by Westin. There are also tennis courts, a fitness centre, and a water sports centre. At the Westin Mina Seyahi children can enjoy a kids pool, daily beach games, kids club and a Wild Wadi Waterpark nearby. Steakhouse, Thai and Italian cuisine are just some of the choices on offer, served formally or informally. Spanish, Asian and international dishes can also be savoured at the resort. Special menus for children are served in the restaurants. Westin Dubai is 5 minutes by car from Jumeirah Beach Walk and 20 minutes away from Burj Khalifa and Dubai Mall. Mina Seyahi is a great choice for travellers interested in beaches, family holiday, relaxation and food. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina Hotel Dubai
- Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort And Marina
- Dubai Westin