Words really cannot describe how much my partner and I enjoyed our time at the Westin, In fact I find it VERY hard to find any fault or complaint with our stay!!!!
I have to say from the outset that this hotel is certainly NOT cheap, far from it in fact, I would have to put it in the "really quite expensive" catagory.... Having said that I am a firm believer in "you get what you pay for" and in terms of what the westin delivered in terms of location, service and overall experience in my opinion the price tag (for Dubai) is just about justified.
From the moment that we arrived at the Westin you could tell that this was going to be something special, the lady who checked us in (I forget her name) was very friendly and imediately made us feel very welcome, she also did a very good job of explaining quite a few things about the hotel which imediatey made us feel very relaxed.
Overall I pretty much only have good things to say about all of the hotel staff as everyone that we met in the hotel greeted us with a smile. There was allways someone around offering help or just saying hello, I think that there is a real art to pulling this off but without being obtrusive and the staff here just had a knack of being around exactly when you needed to ask for something without appearing to be constantly in your face.
Our room itself was stunning and impecably fitted out only surpassed by the lovely view from our balcony (not that we spent a lot of time in our room).
The pool and beach areas were both amazing and very well maintained, they were split into 2 sections, everyone and adults only. Not that there were any unruly kids around but it was nice to be able to know that w could relax and unwind in peace. The pool area was very nice with a couple of very nice swim up bars and the pristine beach with its crystal clear waters and deliciously warm sea was nothing short of fabulous and so after our brunch we picked a cabana and sunk into unwind mode.
As a lover of both a few drinks and delicious food I would 100% recommend the Westin's bubblicious brunch which is superb both in terms of the service, quality of food and overall experience. In fact my partner (and I) both rank our brunch and subsequent afternoon / evening on the beach as just about top of our list of things that we have done together in the 7 years that we have been together!
The one criticisum that I have about our brunch experience was that we were simply shown to our table and left to it, yes after a while we did ask someone to explain the brunch setup (this may sound stupid thing to say as how difficult can a brunch be but when you see the size of the brunch you will understand!), and so for a hotel with service levels like it does I think that when being shown to your table the waiter really should have given us some explanation as a matter of course or at the very least asked if we wanted an explanation of how things worked!
The only negative point about the whole experience was despite selecting a room with a balcony when booking I was told that this could not be guarenteed as the rooms would be allocated on arrival, I emailed the hotel a few times about this and was simply told the same thing over and over again! ...Well I'm sorry but I just do not buy this story and cannot believe for one second that it is not possible for the hotel to gaurentee a specific room type. I honestly have to say that before my stay I was so frustrated at this response from the hotel that I VERY nearly canceled the room outright in favour of staying somewhere where I could be sure to get the room that i specificaly booked, needless to say I'm glad that I didn't!
In summary I would say that if you are considering this hotel and can afford it, just go ahead and book it, I am certain that you won't regret it, I am asonished by some of the bad reviews that I have read on trip advisor about this place and can only assume that even if these people were put up in a palace by royal invitation they would still complain!
This hotel has left me with a BIG problem though... constant pressure from my fiancee to bring her back :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Occupying a prime location on Jumeirah Beach, the Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi is a 5-star beach resort. It features spectacular 5 resort pools, a 1,200 m private beach, luxurious rooms and 8 restaurants. Panoramic views over the Arabian Gulf and the Palm Jumeirah can be enjoyed from most rooms and parts of the Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort. Rooms and suites include free Wi-Fi, a Nespresso machine, spacious seating area, and a marble bathroom with luxury bath amenities. Modern and classical design with high ceilings and grand mirrors are also featured in each unit. Guests can relax at the Heavenly Spa by Westin. There are also tennis courts, a fitness centre, and a water sports centre. At the Westin Mina Seyahi children can enjoy a kids pool, daily beach games, kids club and a Wild Wadi Waterpark nearby. Steakhouse, Thai and Italian cuisine are just some of the choices on offer, served formally or informally. Spanish, Asian and international dishes can also be savoured at the resort. Special menus for children are served in the restaurants. Westin Dubai is 5 minutes by car from Jumeirah Beach Walk and 20 minutes away from Burj Khalifa and Dubai Mall. Mina Seyahi is a great choice for travellers interested in beaches, family holiday, relaxation and food. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort And Marina
- Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina Hotel Dubai
- Dubai Westin