“Heaven in Dubai”

The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina
Ranked #62 of 557 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Words really cannot describe how much my partner and I enjoyed our time at the Westin, In fact I find it VERY hard to find any fault or complaint with our stay!!!!

I have to say from the outset that this hotel is certainly NOT cheap, far from it in fact, I would have to put it in the "really quite expensive" catagory.... Having said that I am a firm believer in "you get what you pay for" and in terms of what the westin delivered in terms of location, service and overall experience in my opinion the price tag (for Dubai) is just about justified.

From the moment that we arrived at the Westin you could tell that this was going to be something special, the lady who checked us in (I forget her name) was very friendly and imediately made us feel very welcome, she also did a very good job of explaining quite a few things about the hotel which imediatey made us feel very relaxed.

Overall I pretty much only have good things to say about all of the hotel staff as everyone that we met in the hotel greeted us with a smile. There was allways someone around offering help or just saying hello, I think that there is a real art to pulling this off but without being obtrusive and the staff here just had a knack of being around exactly when you needed to ask for something without appearing to be constantly in your face.

Our room itself was stunning and impecably fitted out only surpassed by the lovely view from our balcony (not that we spent a lot of time in our room).

The pool and beach areas were both amazing and very well maintained, they were split into 2 sections, everyone and adults only. Not that there were any unruly kids around but it was nice to be able to know that w could relax and unwind in peace. The pool area was very nice with a couple of very nice swim up bars and the pristine beach with its crystal clear waters and deliciously warm sea was nothing short of fabulous and so after our brunch we picked a cabana and sunk into unwind mode.

As a lover of both a few drinks and delicious food I would 100% recommend the Westin's bubblicious brunch which is superb both in terms of the service, quality of food and overall experience. In fact my partner (and I) both rank our brunch and subsequent afternoon / evening on the beach as just about top of our list of things that we have done together in the 7 years that we have been together!

The one criticisum that I have about our brunch experience was that we were simply shown to our table and left to it, yes after a while we did ask someone to explain the brunch setup (this may sound stupid thing to say as how difficult can a brunch be but when you see the size of the brunch you will understand!), and so for a hotel with service levels like it does I think that when being shown to your table the waiter really should have given us some explanation as a matter of course or at the very least asked if we wanted an explanation of how things worked!

The only negative point about the whole experience was despite selecting a room with a balcony when booking I was told that this could not be guarenteed as the rooms would be allocated on arrival, I emailed the hotel a few times about this and was simply told the same thing over and over again! ...Well I'm sorry but I just do not buy this story and cannot believe for one second that it is not possible for the hotel to gaurentee a specific room type. I honestly have to say that before my stay I was so frustrated at this response from the hotel that I VERY nearly canceled the room outright in favour of staying somewhere where I could be sure to get the room that i specificaly booked, needless to say I'm glad that I didn't!

In summary I would say that if you are considering this hotel and can afford it, just go ahead and book it, I am certain that you won't regret it, I am asonished by some of the bad reviews that I have read on trip advisor about this place and can only assume that even if these people were put up in a palace by royal invitation they would still complain!

This hotel has left me with a BIG problem though... constant pressure from my fiancee to bring her back :)

Room Tip: If you can stretch that extra mile cost wise the sea view rooms with balcony are amazing.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mark E
MSeyahi, General Manager at The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Dear Mark E,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your recent stay with us and I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience.
It is especially nice to hear that all our associates made you feel welcome and at ease, which is something that we always strive for.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back later in the year!

Reviewed April 12, 2014

We stayed for a week with 2 young children and were very impressed with the Westin. Things did not look promising on our arrival with our room not ready despite not checking in until 4pm. This was dealt with quickly, efficiently and satisfactorily. The rooms were large and well appointed. The gardens and pool area are great too. What sets the Westin apart though is the standard of service. Every single member of staff we came across was really friendly and endeavoured to do their very best to help. Special credit goes to Sohal, who kindly indulged my sons, driving them around the gardens every evening in his golf cart. Buffet breakfast superb too. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank pwhitbread
MSeyahi, General Manager at The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2014

Dear pwhitbread,
It is great to read that our associates were able to make you feel welcome during your stay and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed April 11, 2014

I believe this hotel is fairly new. I stayed for 2 nights on business and couldn't have found the place nicer to stay in. The rooms were large and had a view over the sea, the beach/pool area was large and relxed and the service was 5*. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank PrinceyNaz

Dear PrinceyNaz,
I hope that we will be able to welcome you back soon

Reviewed April 10, 2014

We had a very relaxing in March with out 20 month old son.

Food (all the restaurants) were excellent, quality of the food was very good and the robust comfortable high chairs and friendly staff interaction was first rate. We were even given child friendly cutlery.

The children's swimming pool which is shaded was very safe with always plenty of lifeguards on duty and the children's play area with staff and good quality toys and activities a must for kids of different ages.

Child cot in the room when we arrived was clean and comfortable and the rooms large and family friendly.

One compliant - the 2nd night of our ten night stay was disastrous. Guest in the room above were what sounded like having a large party, five times I called security and management who went up to stop the noise only for it to kick off again. At 5.30am I eventually lost my cool and told the hotel I was calling the police....hey presto it stopped. The changed our room but were they apologetic as I would have expected? Not really even after I kicked off at reception the next day.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Davidfromireland

Dear Davidfromireland,
Please rest assured that we take all our guest comments seriously and I have discussed your comment with our Front Office and Security Team in order to improve our general guest experience in the future.
Should you with to return to Dubai, please contact us directly and we will be delighted to assist.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

I can't say enough good things about this hotel. When we return to Dubai, we will definitely be staying here again. Awesome beach front and pool. Staff was extremely polite and helpful. We arrived early in the morning and we were able to check our luggage in the courtesy lounge while we enjoyed the pool and waited for our room to be ready.

Room Tip: Ocean view is beautiful!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Chris G

Dear Chris G,
It is especially nice to hear that you enjoyed our beach and outdoor facilities
We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed April 8, 2014

We love this hotel and have visited on two occasions. It's in a great spot set within lovely gardens and in 2 mins walk away fro the lively Barista bar where they serve much cheaper drinks. The hotel is beautiful as are the pools and the food.

Room Tip: Sea view all the way
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank angela_harrison
MSeyahi, General Manager at The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Dear angela_harrison,
I hope that we will be able to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

Just back from a great break in the sun at the Westin! After an overnight flight it did not matter that our rooms were not ready as the lounge, lockers and changing facilities enabled us to fully enjoy our first day by the pool. Everything throughout our stay was first rate, room, executive club lounge, pool and grounds and restaurants. All the staff went out of their way to provide great service and we certainly plan to return.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank ChrisPos800
MSeyahi, General Manager at The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Dear ChrisPos800,