“Hotel and Location Great,BUT...........”

The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina
Ranked #54 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
Manama, Bahrain
“Hotel and Location Great,BUT...........”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

I have mixed reviews about this hotel. The hotel is very nice. The apple tea you get in the lobby is delicious. I would come downstairs just to drink it. The private beach is nice and it's within walking distance to a lot of the bars. The breakfast buffet was good as well. The only negative comment I have is about the hotel security staff. My sister and her friend where constantly harassed by the security. Every night we stayed there (5 nights), they were asked if they were guest or if they were working girls. After the first night okay, but every night that is not good. They should not be harassed like that every night. We told the night manager after the first night and nothing was done about it. This prompted us to check out the hotel early and stay at the JW Marquis for 2 nights. Other than that this hotel was good.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Christophermarc1
MSeyahi, General Manager at The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Dear Cristophermarc1,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your recent stay with us.

Although we can see that you generally enjoyed your stay we are very concerned about your comment that security has made your sister feel uncomfortable. We agree with you that this is not part of the guest experience we would like to present and would like to apologize for the same.

In order to ensure that this does not happen again we would appreciate if you could give us some more detail about the dates of your stay and further details and an email address on which we can contact you.

Once again we would like to thank you for your time and remain with regards,
Tolga S Lacin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (639)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed December 25, 2013

I have stayed here four five times.

Love Hate best describes my feelings for this property.

I love the hotel/resort. The location- beachside with full resort facilities and feel.
Rooms and breakfast buffet is outstanding. The hardware is extravagant and decadent over the top. The room service hamburger is fantastic. The buffet breaskfast is one of the best I have ever seen around the world. The choice is staggering and I always end up eating too much.

The only reason this hotel gets four stars is that it opts out of the SPG program.
I hate the decision made not to participate in the SPG earn program and this inconvenience has resulted in losing a lot of my hotel nights in Dubai.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Koreaninsingapore
MSeyahi, General Manager at The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this review, December 28, 2013
Dear Koreaninsingapore,
Thank you for your feedback about your previous stays with us.
I am delighted to read that you enjoyed our pool and beach facilities as well as breakfast in Blue Orange Restaurant.
It is correct that we are not part of the SPG Program and it is not possible to earn points while staying with us. We do however offer most privileges for our valued SPG Members.
I hope that we will be able to welcome you in the future.
Stamford, Connecticut
Reviewed December 24, 2013

Arrived here late and with a last minute reservation after my first hotel cancelled - upon arrival, the hotel is elegant and stately, the property itself is beautiful. The service at the front desk was a bit confused and there was a discrepancy between my reserved rate and what they wanted to charge me, the front desk also did not give me an optimal three day rate, but had me prepay for two nights and rack rates for one night- even though the hotel was not full.

The rooms were great and opulent - if you are looking for this type of thing in Dubai, you can't go wrong, I just felt really slighted upon check in -

Also, keep in mind - if you are an SPG member - this hotel DOES NOT participate in the SPG program, even though its a Westin Brand - had I known this, I don't think I would have chosen to stay here at this price point.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Joe W
Dear Joe W,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your recent stay with us.
I am delighted to hear that you have generally enjoyed your stay in the hotel.
Please rest assured that I have passed on your comments to our associates and management team in our continuous endeavor to improve the services to our guest.
I hope that we will be able to welcome you in the future.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed December 24, 2013

This is with regards to only the rest. Bussola at Westin Hotel Dubai & I live in Dubai.

To,
The Restaurant Manager
Bussola, Westin Hotel
Dubai

I would like to bring to your attention an incident I faced at your outlet yesterday (23rd December, 2013).

I was looking for a suitable venue to host my wife’s birthday dinner and decided that one of the outlets at the Westin would be ideal.

After speaking to restaurant reservations I was pleased to discover that I would be entitled to a discount on my bill if I paid with a Citibank card.

Based on this information I booked a table at Bussola for 9 people.

Given that it was my wife’s dinner we had an extremely pleasant meal accompanied by great service.

However what I did not expect was a perfect evening to go sour at the end.

I presented my Citibank card at the end of the meal only to be told that I was not entitled to any form of discount, much to my disappointment.

I tried explaining to the staff that I had clarified that I was eligible to a discount while making a reservation and which is why I chose to dine at Bussola; however I was told that the discount is applicable to all restaurants at the Westin except Bussola.

I would like to bring to your attention the predicament I faced at that point since I based my decision on choosing Bussola for a dinner of 9 people that I would get a significant saving on discount.
If I had known that the discount was not applicable here I would have chosen another venue.

What started out as a great evening ended up being a major disappointment and expenses over what I planned because I was misinformed by restaurant reservations.

Although we will continue our patronage to the restaurant as guests, it will definitely not be an option when hosting a dinner.

I have separately emailed the F&B Assist Manager also.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank SAFARI_43522
Dear SAFARI_43522,
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your time in the Resort.
We have contacted you in a separate email to resolve the mentioned issues.
Best regards,
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Didn't stay at this hotel, but went here for the brunch and it's just the most incredible eating experience in Dubai, three enormous rooms with every type of food imaginable, from fresh Chinese cooked in front of you, to massive pots of Thai curry, to country style fresh Lemonade stands, to a Roast Dinner style buffet, enormous tables of cheese and breads - even gimmicks like entire watermelons filled with Tequila and a chocolate fondue mixer are included. The most impressive part of the brunch is probably the enormous range of stunning cakes, they look so amazing you feel guilty being the first to cut in to one! Went here with an alcohol pass, it's fairly expensive but this is one thing you just have to experience, it's just a far more luxurious take on brunch than anything I've experienced before. 100% recommended! It's impossible to be disappointed with such a large selection of stunning food to enjoy.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank SSharpe72
MSeyahi, General Manager at The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this review, December 21, 2013
Dear SSharpe72,
Thank you for giving us your feedback about oru Bubbalicious Brunch.
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our award winning brunch at the Westin Dubai. It is especially nice to hear that you enjoyed our wide range of cake and desserts.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon!
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed December 20, 2013

We have stayed more than 2 times and the place is wonderful. The rooms are spacious and clean, Westin standard at its best. The hotel have great kids options and they remain busy all day long.

The restaurants are good however the coffee shop was bit inconsistent between our 2 visits. The Indian food and the variety on the buffet was not great second time probably due to change in chef. The Thai restaurant is great.

Barasti bar is the show stealer, its the most happening place in the city, good music and good selection of drinks.

It is a very nice city hotel with resort facilities.

Room Tip: Take room on higher floor with sea view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank AB_11101
Dear AB_11101,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your recent stay with us and I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience.
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our rooms and beach facilities as well as our dinner at Spice Emporium and drinks at Barast Bar.
I hope that we will be able to welcome you back soon.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Just spent a week at the Westin Dubai and it was one of the most relaxing and enjoyable stays I have ever had. The splendid room had every comfort - very elegant with an amazing balcony and views over the pools and sea. We tried out 4 of the restaurants and all served excellent food and the delicious extensive buffet for breakfast made choices very difficult. There is the longest pool you can imagine, winding like a river through lovely gardens. (as well as two other pools). One of the main highlights was the staff: they were exceptional, always helpful, joyful and very professional. I had a wonderful massage and facial. We shall definitely return!

Room Tip: Ask for a sea facing room
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MaureenL L
MSeyahi, General Manager at The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear MaureenL L
you enjoyed your experience.
Our rooms offer spectacular views over the Arabian Gulf and especially the corner rooms offer a great view of serenity. It is great to read that you enjoyed our restaurants as well.
It is great to read that our associates were able to make you feel welcome during your stay and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the future!