The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
3,222 results
All reviewsblue orangespice emporiumbubbalicious brunchchina grillhunters grillsea viewexecutive clubkids poolkids clubbarasti barexecutive roomprivate beachthai restaurantle meridienlife guardspool barafternoon tea
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 10, 2013

WOW! Never have I experienced the brunch culture in Dubai until last Friday. Arrived at Midday and warmly greeted by door staff and proceeded to the lower ground floor where a food heaven awaited me. The colours, smells and smiles were abundant. Every flavour from all corners of the world and distilleries alike tempted me into over-indulging! The foie gras (you may disagree) counter had a choice of three; natural, mouse and strawberry coated and was to die for as were the jelly membrain shots served on spoons, watermelon filled with Chambord and Vodka and the constant flow of champagne or pink 'fizz'... Freshly opened oysters, sushi, Thai, Indian, salads, Cakes and puddings... The cheese table was too overwhelming as was the whole experience! Excellent value for money and we drank and grazed til 16:00 when most of those (who could still move!!) moved to a bar upstairs where cheesy 80's and 90's music played by a Dj made everyone work off their new stomach extensions.We danced and made new friends until midnight. DEFINTELY rate this one a true winner, unless you are mild and meek ;O) Well done to the staff there - AMAZING!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Claudia D
MSeyahi, General Manager at The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Dear Claudia D,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your recent experience with us during Bubbalicious Brunch.

It is always great to read when guests enjoyed our renown Bubbalicious Friday Brunch our as much as you seem to have and I am delighted that you liked our extensive food spread, as well as the after drinks at Oeno.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Stayed here for my birthday weekend and just loved it, we stayed in an executive room and the benefits were endless, my husband checked in with the children while I went to a nearby Salon and the hotel organised a driver to collect me to save me getting a taxi! The breakfast staff were great with my children and always on hand. Heavenly Spa is now my all time favourite Spa. Bussola is great for fine dining and the life guards in the kids pool are fantastic, we'll be back in September!!

Room Tip: Executive, well worth the extra!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank jenna7jenna
MSeyahi, General Manager at The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2013

Dear jenna7jenna,

thank you for giving us your feedback about your recent stay with us.

It seems that you had a Heavenly Experience, enjoying our Heavenly Spa as well as our restaurants such as Bussola.

It is especially rewarding to read that our associates, especially the life guards made a difference to your stay by being as helpful as they seem to have been.

I hope that we will be able to welcome you back in the near future for another rejuvenating stay.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

I stayed here for a few nights.

This hotel has a great view, the rooms are laid out nice, the food is excellent and the staff was friendly. There is not much more to say besides that.

The one downside is when your taxi is bringing you to the hotel make sure they drop you off at the right one. The property next door is also a Starwood property and both hotels seem to share facilities so it can be a bit confusing at times. After one trip to the hotel though you will figure it out.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank ChrisChris79
MSeyahi, General Manager at The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2013

Dear ChrisChris79,

thank you for giving us your feedback about your recent stay with us,

It is great to read that you enjoyed our facilities and restaurants, as well as the service provided by our associates.

It is correct that the hotel is connected to Le Meridien Mina Seyahi, our sister property next door, I am sorry to hear that you experienced issues with the taxi drivers in relation to the hotel.

I hope we will be able to welcome you back to the Resort in the future.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

The hotel and resort are fabulous. In fact, I cannot fault the facilities and location. What makes me give this hotel a poor rating s this : -The one thing, which really lets this hotel down, is the sneaky practice of Dynamic Currency Conversion (DCC), which is in operation at the Food and Beverage outlets.

Sales slips states, “I accept that I have been offered the choice of currencies for payment and this choice is final. I accept the conversion rate offered………. “

However, what the staff are doing is presenting you with the chip and pin terminal and they have selected your home currency to pay with. Thus, giving you no choice.. They then tell you and tell you it’s better to pay in GBP (or whatever your home currency is) which is not always the case.

I had to ask for a Manager to void the transaction on several occasions. Basically, if they try and trick you and you do not want to pay in Pounds, Dollars or anything other than AED..DO NOT sign any slips or DO NOT enter your PIN number. Just refuse.

Management know what the practice is. I suspect the staff are trained to do this as I experienced this problem is several bars. It’s a shame. Luckily, they do not enforce this practice at the reception desk for settling bills.

Once the hotel train the staff how to offer customers the choice of DCC or not and stop this practice, then I would have no hesitation in providing an excellent rating.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank jamiexx
MSeyahi, General Manager at The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Dear jamiexx,

thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your recent stay with us and I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time in the Resort.

We always endeavor to create memorable holidays for our guests and your further feedback on this matter was highly appreciated in the private communication you had with the hotel.

We hope that we will be able to welcome you back in the future,

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights in May 2013 and as per many of the reviews on here I can vouch for the fact that it is really as good as many people attest. We travelled as a family of 4 with two kids aged 7 and 9 and were upgraded on arrival to a suite do to the room we booked being unavailable. The suites are fantastic so we were very happy from the off ! Overall the resort is great, with fantastic pools and easy access to the nice safe private beach. Food in the restaurants and exec lounge is fantastic. 5 out of 5 for almost everything. To really nit-pick there were only two things I'd change : 1) Drinks at the bar are very expensive AUD $24 for a glass of average Sauv Blanc is just silly. 2) The pool area should have wi-fi which could easily be extended from the free wi-fi available in the hotel.

Will definitely go back and one to recommend !!

Room Tip: High rooms for the beach views.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Martin H
MSeyahi, General Manager at The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Dear Martin H,

It is especially great to see that our associates assisted you in making your stay as it should be.

Please rest assured that I have passed on your comments to our associates and management team in our continuous endeavor to improve the services to our guest.

we hope that we will be able to welcome you back in the near future for another rejuvenating stay with us.