The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina
Ranked #55 of 541 Hotels in Dubai
Chigwell, United Kingdom
“Appauling”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

What a horrid experience.
We booked thru a travel agent as this was an additional holiday for us for the year. Having booked an executive sea view with lounge access we thought, having stayed at Westin hotels before as Starwood member this in Dubai can only be luxury personified! The view from our balcony was palm trees and the service area of the hotel!

How wrong we were!
Not only do they not accept Starwood points but they don't credit either!
Apparently it's mentioned on the site!

Every early morning my partner and I were awoke to sounds if the service people walking with beverage / food carts!

Horrid smoking room that stinks is what we were given with a 12 year old child.
We complained as the location meant we could hear the service people too'ing and frowing but to access the lounge we have to take an elevator to the 3rd floor then walk all the way around to the other elevator to get to the lounge!

We complained of this and were eventually offered another room on the the 5th floor but with the same issues!

Useless hotel with insignificant staff who are superficial at best!
Shockingly poor experience and colossal waste of money.

SPG YOU NEED TO INTERVENE TO SAVE TO SAVE YOUR REPUTATION!

Ritu Kumar

• Stayed April 2013
12 Thank ritu k
MSeyahi, General Manager at The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Ritu K,

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your time in the Resort.

We have contacted you in a separate email to resolve the mentioned issues.

Stewart Selbie,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (618)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

We were moved from the Meridien Hotel next door due to a bad experience with noise etc. The room we were given at the Westin is fantastic and the hotel is more peaceful and relaxing than the Meridien. The staff are all friendly and helpful and nothing seems to be too much trouble. Breakfast in the club executive lounge is much better than in a lot of other hotels we have stayed in and the beach and pool areas are spacious, well laid out and comfortable. Would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Stefenie
MSeyahi, General Manager at The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Stefenie,

thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your recent stay with us and I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time at The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi.

It is especially great to see that our associates assisted you in making your stay as it should be.

We hope that we will be able to welcome you back in the near future for another rejuvenating stay with us,

Ash, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

Lovely big rooms, great food, good pool. What more can I say, this really is a great hotel with great attention to detail on all points. The service was exceptional. I arrived very late after a long flight from London. I spoke to a staff member who was closing the steak restaurant and asked if there was some food available. They said no, except room service, but then promptly found me some shrimps and fruit. This was over and above service and I really appreciated it.
Great hotel for a holiday. I was here on business but got a few hours in the Sun.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank PhilDowdell
MSeyahi, General Manager at The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear PhilDowdell,

Thank you for giving us your feedback about your recent stay with us.

It is great to read that you enjoyed your experience at The Westin Dubai and it is especially rewarding to read that our associates made a difference to your stay by being as helpful as they seem to have been.

I hope that we will be able to welcome you back in the near future for another rejuvenating stay.

Stewart Selbie
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I booked the Westin, in regards for long weekends with Friends on a Golf-tour previously a few days I stayed before with my family at the Royal Meridian , I wish I would had spare myself that stop and went straight away to the Westin. I got in touch with the Westin already in December for this tip as it involves 8 people and the all fussy etc. so I need it to be sure things will be proper organized and the Westin staff didn’t disappoint me, every email was properly and promptly replied The concierge specially Joseph, did a great Job and looked after all the bookings very well.
At Check-in people been very friendly and everything went smooth the luggage was in the room before me the rooms are nice/clean spacious very well sized bathroom (the one in the Royal Meridian are half the size) we had twin-rooms with sea view nice balcony overlooking the pools and the bay.
The Bars/Restaurants are all very nice staff super friendly and patient, the Breakfast is fantastic great choice, Pancake station. Ice cream station, juice station and all looks so clean and not over run and people look much more decent then in royal meridian.
A great expericance was the Friday Brunch even it’s not cheap but the choice is fantastic and even it was packed the Service was top and again very understanding, not easy with 200/300 people shouting for booze and food no wonder Time Out rated it as the Best Brunch.
Only, think I would recommend the Hotel Staff should inform the Guest at the arrival to make a booking, we only found on Friday morning about it, and at first we been told it’s booked out but they managed to get us a table which again is top.
Late Check- out no problem. Nice Fitness Centre, if this one is to small you can use the one from the Meridian which is bigger and offers Classes. Great Pool area with a nice Pool Bar, lot of Water sport on offer.
So really have nothing negative to say about this Hotel, they know it’s not cheap but there service therefor is top and it’s justified, will defiantly come back.

Room Tip: Sea View, make sure you away from the Bar area, as you can hear the noise if you on a lower floor.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank donphilipo
Dear donphilipo,

Thank you for giving us your feedback about your very recent stay with us at The Westin Dubai.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you had the chance to experience our Bubbalicious Friday Brunch, as well our extensive breakfast at Blue Orange.

It is especially nice to hear that all our associates, Joseph in particular, made you feel welcome and at ease, which is something that we always strive for.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

I am a teenager and have been fortunate enough to have had many visits to Dubai.

I have stayed at The Westin several times now and I much prefer it to other hotels where I have previously stayed including The Hilton Jumierah and The Atlantis.

This hotel really does provide you will luxury and I thoroughly enjoy it every time I come here.

Even though they don't have a waterpark like the Atlantis, the setting on the beach is perfect and there aren't tourists everywhere like at the Atlantis - where you can't even enjoy the hotel you're paying for.

All the staff are brilliant as ever and I would definitely recommend spending extra money to enjoy the executive club during your stay where the staff are extremely welcoming. All of the staff working during the evening were extremely accommodating and it was very nice to see that they remembered my sister and I had pineapple juice every night.

I would suggest that the size of the executive club meant that you were given more attention and care than perhaps Blue Orange (we tried breakfast at both - the selection at Blue Orange was better but the service in the executive lounge was impeccable)

I think the small touches always make my stay here more enjoyable like when the staff make you your own egg how you would like it and bring it to your table and how the staff in the gym and spa give you robes to enjoy the sauna and steam room even though you're not getting a treatment.

Overall my stay at the westin is always brilliant and I can't praise it enough.

It is definitely the hotel to be at in Dubai especially because of it's location and the service you receive.

My stay was very enjoyable even during half term week which is very busy.

Love love love the hotel!!!

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank 06SleatG
MSeyahi, General Manager at The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear 06SleatG,

Thank you for giving us your feedback about your very recent stay with us.

I am delighted to hear that you generally enjoyed your stay and especially the amenities and services offered at the Executive Club.

It is especially nice to hear that all our associates made you feel welcome and at ease, which is something that we always strive for.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back later in the year!

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

If you are traveling to Dubai for the purpose of relaxation, I cannot recommend this hotel enough.

The service is impeccable. We arrived on an early morning flight. Our room wasn't ready yet. We were offered free breakfast and a space to change in so as to be able to head straight to the pool. We were then called when our room was ready. As we were traveling without children, the staff made an extra effort to put us in a room away from families.

I would recommend that you make sure you book a sea view room, it is worth the extra cash!

The pool area is extensive and accommodates both adults (there is a private area) and families with children of all ages. There are life guards all day and a good pool bar menu should you get thirsty or peckish.

Their restaurants are lovely. And if you're a celiac they offer a gluten free pizza option, as well as bread with your meal.

The location is perfect. Quick taxi ride to the Mall of the Emirates or a 5-7 mins walk to the metro.

As with all Westins you will have an amazing night's sleep thanks to their mattresses too!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank hungry_swiss_miss
Dear hungry_swiss_miss,

thank you for giving us your feedback about your stay with us.

It is great to read that you enjoyed our facilities and restaurants, as well as our pool area.

I am also delighted that you liked our rooms with the Westin Heavenly Bed, which offers a good night sleep for everyone.

I hope we will be able to welcome you back to the Resort in the future.

hull united kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

where do i start with the westin mina? this hotel is undoubtedly the best hotel in dubai, forget the burj al arab & jumeira beach hotels, this place is pure luxury the moment you check in.we booked a deluxe seaview room with breakfast, arrived after midnight so went straight to bed. woke up next day 10 o:clock, opened the curtains and was totally stunned by the view that awaited us. we had a massive balcony overlooking the pool & beautiful gardens with atlantis the palm in the distance.our room was also massive with the westin heavenly bed ensuring the best nights sleep you could wish for, brilliant shower with monsoon head & plenty of toiletries to choose from, breakfast was amazing, anything you could wish for with several different cooking stations to satisfy anyones palate. this hotel has its own private beach & is located 5 mins walk from dubai marina

Room Tip: ask for room 321 or any next to it as these rooms have the large balconies
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank andyofhull
Dear andyyofhull,

thank you for giving us your feedback about your recent stay with us.

It seems that you had a Heavenly Experience, enjoying our Heavenly Bed and our Heavenly Shower as well as the breakfast at Blue Orange.

It is also great to read that you enjoyed the view from your balcony overlooking the Palm Jumeirah and our pools and garden.

Stewart Selbie