“All remains the same”

Penarth South Wales
“All remains the same”
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Our 4th stay at The Westin, our previous stay was in 2010

The High level of service , politeness, friendliness and cleanliness all remains the same.

Well done Westin! was a pleasure to come back, and will do so again

Only downside was the roadworks (but theres always been roadworks there for as long as we've been visiting Dubai), and traffic outside the hotel making getting a taxi a real chore sometimes. I'm sure The Westin don't like that situation anymore that their guests do.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Toopicky
MSeyahi, General Manager at The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Dear Toopicky,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback about your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to hear that you have, once more, enjoyed your stay in the hotel. It is especially rewarding to read that our associates made you feel welcome and at ease.

I understand that you were bothered with the roadworks in front of the hotel but as you mentioned, this is one element of the ever-evolving Dubai that is sometimes challenging to avoid.

Stewart Selbie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (632)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Kristiansand, Norway
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed one week at Westin in february. It was a family trip with two small children. The staff was perfect, polite, all ordes was followed up at once. Outdoor lovely. We are looking forvard to come back. Only one detail. Dust at the floor at the sliding doors. (The child discovered it)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank moe045
Dear moe045,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your recent stay with us.

It is always great to read when guests enjoyed our facilities as much as you seem to have. It is especially great to see that our associates assisted you in making your stay as it should be.

Please rest assured that I have also shared your comments with our Management Team in order to improve our service.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Perth
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Location,location,location. Checking was smooth and professional,room very spacious,great views of the Atlantic and palm overlooking the beautiful beach. Super restaurants and great service. All praise ,checkout was smooth. Room service was fast,

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank wifsys
Dear wifsys,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and especially our variety our restaurants as well as the view on the beach and the Palm Jumeirah.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back later in the year!

Istanbul
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We stayed here as tourist and have done a weekend after we moved to Dubai. One of the nicest properties in the city. Rooms are clean and spacious. Great variery of food and beverage. Staff, for the most part, is very good attentive. Reservations on site sometimes require a bit of artful negotiation. They will tell you they are full but if you ask, they will be free 10 minutes later. Kind of frustrating that they will not tell you that they have a free booking 10 minutes later. Gym is well equipped and always ample room at both pools and beach.

Reminder they do not participate in SPG...only issue is that they should have stand up paddle boarding among the water sports options.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Dabolden
MSeyahi, General Manager at The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Dabolden,

It is always great to read when guests enjoyed our facilities as much as you seem to have and I am delighted that you liked our spacious rooms.

It is especially great to see that our associates assisted you in making your stay as it should be, despite your experience with your reservation.

Please rest assured that I have passed on your comments to our associates and management team in our continuous endevaour to improve the services to our guest.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Cologne Area
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Nice location on the beach with view to the palm. Large rooms with comfortable bed, large TV, Wifi, etc. Excellent breakfast, good selection, high quality. Nice beach area with comfortable sun loungers. Food selection at the evening club lounge could be better. But overall very nice modern hotel. I stayed for business there and I like it more than the Royal Meridien.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank DrKnudel
Dear DrKnudel,

Thank you for giving us your feedback about your stay with us earlier last year.

It is great to read that you enjoyed our facilities and restaurants, including our breakfast and our private beach area.

I am also delighted that you liked our rooms with the Westin Heavenly Bed, which offers a good night sleep for everyone.

I hope we will be able to welcome you back to the Resort in the future.

Steward Selbie,
kuwait
Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is beautiful and wonderful and large-sized room and clean and the staff always smiling. Beach is beautiful and clean. But I would not advise to stay at the weekend. Generally a unique experience, but in Dubai there is better. Spg members will not earn points in this hotel

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank ben-3eed
Dear ben-3eed,

thank you for giving us your feedback about your stay with us.

It is great to read that you enjoyed our beach as well as our rooms and that our staff made you feel welcome.

It is correct that the hotel is not part of SPG, however we always try to give SPG members additional benefits when possible.

I hope we will be able to welcome you back to the Resort in the future.

Steward Selbie
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 8, 2013

My wife and I have just returned from Dubai following a 4 night stay. As usual we flew with Emirates which was up to its normal high standards and all chauffeur transfers worked a treat. We arrived in the dark at 4AM and checked in and found we had been upgraded to an executive room (only because they were full and didn't have our standard seaview room available) which we found a nice surprise, but warned we might have to move the following morning back to a standard sea view room. In the end this did not happen and to be fair the room was fine and views good.
After a few hours sleep we went down for breakfast in the main restaurant. An interesting experience indeed being a cross between a feeding station and a school dining hall! We were on half board and this was the restaurant which is included in the half board package for dinner so at this stage decided we would splash out and pay for the other restaurants in the hotel and this is where the problems started. Unknown to us is the hotel puts all their guests on a budget as they have struggled with fraud. This is perhaps good if you are a student and on a strict budget, but if you want to splash out and enjoy yourself this is not permitted. In every hotel I have stayed in, which includes Dubai last year, you normally give your credit card in at check in and charge things against your room and pay when you leave. On the second day whilst signing for drinks by the pool the waiter came up to me and informed me my credit was used up and could I pay cash for the drinks I had just received! Well, this simply riled me and marched off to reception to get this sorted. Very few of the staff speak good English which made things even harder and my complaint was not taken seriously at all. I was informed the policy of the hotel is to restrict credit to every visitor and if you want to spend more you have to go to reception to get your limit increased. What a daft situation - but after explaining I informed them to increase my "pocket money" to cover the rest of my stay as I did not want to sit in my room with a packet of crisps looking at everybody below in the restaurants dreaming that we might be able to aspire to their levels and eat in those same restaurants! To cut a long story short, my request for a large credit was totally ignored and had the same embarrasing experience the following day when my room card was again refused and told to pay cash. This is simply not acceptable and by the end of our stay this "begging" for credit had become a big issue for me and I had lost total faith in the hotel. They were by default telling me they did not trust me to pay and for this reason we simply did not trust them at all. They did not understand where the problem was and were not prepared to help, if I had been with business guests and been refused credit this would have been a disaster!
As a final precis, the location and room were fine but the staff were uninterested and very poorly trained but then maybe I am comparing them to a 5 star hotel I stayed in last year. If you are on a budget this is the hotel for you, but if you want to spend some money on enjoying yourself please try somewhere else. This may sound like a bit of a rant and I may sound like a serial moaner, but I guarantee, this is the first review I have ever felt the need to write.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank James T
Dear James T,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your recent experience with us.

Please rest assured that all our guest comments are important to us and we will personally contact you shortly, if it has not been done already.