“Beautiful hotel with high standards of service”

The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina
Ranked #60 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for a few days on business and rate it very highly. The room (on the Executive Club floor with a sea view) was very large and spotlessly clean with a very high standard of fixtures and fittings. Service was excellent.

I only have one small gripe. The room had an ironing board and iron in it, but not a steam iron. It's a small thing but for me, when travelling on business the ability to iron a shirt quickly and efficiently is something I really appreciate. I don't get why more hotels don't realise this and I always find it disappointing, when staying in a really expensive hotel where they've clearly spent a lot of money on cosmetics but they cut the corner on things like this. For example in this hotel they have put an electronic picture frame on the work desk cycling through advertisements for the spa, room service and the beach club. Completely pointless, I'd rather have seen that money spent on proper iron. That may make me weird but what the heck.

Highly recommended for any trip. Just bring your own iron :)

Room Tip: Exec view with a sea view. Expensive but worth it.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank VS1711
MSeyahi, General Manager at The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2012

Dear VS1711,

thank you taking the time to post your feedback about your recent business trip to our hotel.

Although I delighted to hear that you enjoyed your Executive Club Room I would like to assure you that we will review your comment about the iron to see if we can improve this in the future.

I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the Resort in the future and I am sure that our in house laundry who would be happy to assist with quick presssing of your shirt as well.

Stewart Selbie

Write a ReviewReviews (3,137)

Reviewed November 19, 2012

I stayed at the Westin for three nights after a cruise. We arrived at the hotel around 10am and although checkin seemed to take ages rooms were immediately available, which was a huge plus. We had Executive Club Sea-view Rooms which were very large and comfortable. Club lounge was a big bonus and the breakfast and afternoon tea were very good. The range of drinks for the evening drinks was also excellent with a full range of wines, spirits and cocktails. The hotel is in a great location with lovely views of the Palm and beautiful gardens but it doesn't make the best use of this with the hotel bars being fairly bland and unwelcoming with no nice terrace to sit out on. The attention to detail is also missing and the majority of staff seemed fairly disinterested. I would stay at the hotel again, at the right rate, but if you want to see how Dubai service should be take a visit to any of the Jumeirah hotels in the Madinet.

1  Thank Davidob

Dear Davidob,

thank you for taking the time to give us your detailed feedback about your recent post cruise stay with us.

It is great to read that you generally enjoyed your Executive Club Room and the services in the Executive Club Lounge that were part of your room package, such as breakfast, afternoon tea and the Happy Hour in the evening.

I am sorry that you feel our associates were not always interested in your well being or lacked attention to detail and I would like to assure you that we will discuss this with the various teams in order to improve our services in the future.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

I have stayed in Dubai many times and I'm familiar with most of the 5 star hotels in the area.

We stayed for 3 nights in mid November in a club room, we were allocated a room on the forth floor. The room was very comfortable but with over complicated lighting in the room which took a couple of days to work out. I think hotels should realise that a simple on and off for each lamp will do!

I've marked the hotel down as our request to be moved to another room wasn't followed up after reception promising that while we could not be moved right away we would be contacted the following day. I was a little disappointed that we weren't contacted as it meant we didn't unpack in the hope that we could move.

Most of the staff around the pool seemed to lack customer service that skills I have experienced in other Dubai hotels. We wanted to play volleyball but the ball had to be signed in and out at the kids club which is located quite a way from the beach, I didn't understand why the ball could not be signed in and out on the beach. When I asked for directions to the kids club it seemed a bit like too much trouble. The staff we encountered seemed uninterested and unmotivated. The poolside food was excellent though.

I guess the staff were just not as welcoming or as efficient as we had hoped or experienced at other 5 star hotels.

One of the things that we really liked was the club room, the staff while not that friendly were efficient and the food, drinks and decor was good.

Personally I think that that the hotel hasn't been that well designed, it has great views out to The Palm but no bars to sit and view it. The club room has a small outdoor area but nothing special at all even though it has super views.

The hotel is clean and comfortable and well located but somehow had something missing for me. If this is the first stay you're having in Dubai you'll be impressed but if you've stayed at The Madinat complex I think you'll like it but not love it.

What is great:

It's on the beach
It's well located
Rooms very comfortable and quiet
The club room for breakfast, afternoon tea and evening drinks
Shared access to the pool etc at Le Meridien next door

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony prior to arriving.
1  Thank N7CHAP

Dear N7CHAP,

thank you posting the feedback about your recent trip to Dubai and our Resort.

Although I am delighted to learn that you generally enjoyed your stay with us I would like to assure you that I have taken your comments about service levels and general follow up on board and will discuss this with the various teams.

It is important for us to get feedback like yours to continuously improve the services to our guests.

Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

Attended a family wedding here, amazing hotel and amazing staff.. .......At night time the lights if Dubai are alive, right next to the beach and great location for a most memorable wedding.............................................

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank lanzarote75

Dear lanzarote75,

thank you for taking the time to post your feedback about your recent stay with us and I am delighted to hear that you also enjoyed the wedding that was held in our Resort.

I hope to welcome you back in the future for another memorable stay!

Reviewed November 17, 2012

We recently stayed at the Westin for 4 nights and we only wish it could have been longer. From booking in, to the porters and housekeepers, everyone was so friendly and extremely helpful. Our room was amazing, lovely view over the beach. We had a half board package which worked out very well. The food in the restaurant was great with so much choice. We must comment on Lara, one of the waitresses , she was brilliant, was extremely helpful, funny and went above and beyond to ensure we had the best time. Also one of the security guys ( sorry can't remember his name) was always popping up when we where lost at the beginning of our trip.
If anyone is thinking of going to Dubai I would recommend this hotel.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nicola B
MSeyahi, General Manager at The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2012

Dear Nicola B,

thank you for posting your review on your recent stay with us earlier this month!

I am delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable time in the Resort and that our associates made your stay even more special.

I hope that we will be able to welcome you back in the future for a longer break!

Reviewed November 17, 2012

Firstly due to location (Jumeirah Beach area) plus the roadworks near hotel, it meant we had to use taxis everywhere we went. These are fairly cheap but if hotel offers private car and you accept be prepared to pay at least double the normal taxi fare.

Although we arrived before official checkin and our room was not ready, the receptionist organised free coffee/tea while we waited. Although we booked one of the cheaper rooms, the room was large and clean with everything you need plus a balcony and seating. The beach was nice but because of the many shells at waterline it made it uncomforable to walk into water. But once you navigated this hurdle the water was refreshing, not cold. There were a number of pools (with lifeguards on duty) which catered for all, even those wanting to do laps. The only issue I had was that a few of the guests would allow their toddlers (with floaties) to use this facility to splash around in even though there was a kids pool a few feet away. This prevented some serious lap swimmers from using this facility.

Breakfast was great and catered for most tastes. Food and drink prices in the various resturants are in line with other hotels of this standard in UAE.

I had to use the Business Centre and Irina and Theo were extremely helpful and went out of their way to help me. Also Concierge, Reception and all other staff were fantastic - Thanks

BUT the best kept secret was the Courtesy Lounge. We stumbled on this as we had 3 hours before our transport to airport. It is available for those who have checked out but have some time before their plane. Not only do they have tea/coffee but the best cookies I have tasted. Also available are bathroom facilities with shower plus they provide all you need - towel, soap, toothbrush/tooth paste, moisturisers and lots more. What a wonderful idea. Probably also available for those arriving early and have some time before their rooms are available.

Had a great time mainly due to pleasant and helpful staff - Thanks

Room Tip: If you book one of the cheaper rooms ie with "city" views ask for a room with balcony, the...
4  Thank oevans

Dear oevans,

thank yiou for taking the time to post your feedback about your recent stay with us earlier this month.

It is great to read that you enjoyed your time in the Resort and that our Rooms with its Heavenly Bed were to your liking.

Thank you for your comments on our beach and pool facilities. We usually keep at least 2 swimming lanes for designated lap swimming and I am sorry to hear that you felt that this was not always in place. I have forwarded your comment to our managemen team for review.

I am happy to know that our Courtesy Lounge made the end of your stay more comfortable and that you enjoye our cookies there as well.

We hope to welcome you back in the future for another relaxing stay!

Reviewed November 17, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a week and could not find much to fault with it. The room was very big and spacious and well cleaned each day, the only slight thing is being on the land side meant that at night you could hear the traffic roaring away from the lights just outside the hotel, so maybe a bit better sound insulation.

Other than that things were excellent, we were in the club rooms and so enjoyed breakfast, afternoon tea and evening cocktails and the staff remembered our drinks within a day and would bring them over without us asking, they also ensured that during the evening our glasses never went empty.

We ate in the hotel, though not in every restaurant, we really liked Bussalo and Hunters, though if you want to go to the pizzaria you need to book a few days in advance as it was always full whenever we tried.

The beach was well maintained and there are plenty of lifeguards, plus there is a small shack where you can order drinks and food and this was delivered very quickly.

All in all we had an enjoyable break and really enjoyed this hotel and would happily come back.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple