The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina
Ranked #59 of 542 Hotels in Dubai
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Fabulous!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

An amazing experience. From the airport pick up onwards the Westin excelled. The setting is perfect with fantastic gardens or a well maintained beach to relax in. The rooms were spotless and very well equiped. Great views from the balcony across to Atlantis in the distance. The choice of dining options is pretty good and the Spice Emporium is one of the best Thai restaurants I have ever eaten in. The absolute high point of our stay was the Executive Lounge where the staff could not be more helpful or welcoming at breakfast, afternoon tea or in the evening for pre-dinner drinks. I cannot wait to go back!

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are worth the extra as the city view is not very inspiring. Executive rooms are well...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank drdc1971
MSeyahi, General Manager at The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear drdc1971,

thank you for taking the time to post your review about your recent stay in one of our Executive Rooms.

It is great to read that you were able to relax whilst staying with us in the Resort and that our associates in the Executive Club Lounge were able to make your stay even more memorable.

I would also like to thank you for your comments on Spice Emporium Restaurant and I will make sure that our team will get your comments as well.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Stewart Selbie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (632)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Burton on Trent
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is our 3rd trip to Dubai this year but 1st to the Westin. Really good checkin at 3.00am in morning with 2 small children. Two rollaway beds in place on arrival - unheard of in Dubai. Hotel facilities are excellent. Breakfast is fantastic and no queueing. Largest Dubai hotel room ever stayed in - spotlessly clean! Balcony views are great and hotel corridors virtually noise free. Great hotel for families with kids - special thanks to Dom in kids club for encouraging our son to try the Banana boat rather than his DS! So many sunloungers available.

One negative only - its difficult to get a taxi outside hotel early evening. This could do with improving as its not easy getting around with disjointed pathways.

Will be back for certain next year.

Room Tip: Rooms with full balcony rather than juliet balcony are great. Recommend room 641.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank cassie320
Dear cassie320,

thanks for posting your feebdack about your recent family vacation with us!

I am delighted to hear that both you and your children seem to have had a wonderful time in the Resort.It is great to see that you enjoyed both our rooms as well as our breakfast offerings in Blue Orange Restaurant.

I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the Resort in the near future!

Paignton, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

Had a week at the westin couldn't fault anything the rooms are superb the breakfast is endless u name it they do it the pool is to die for the view from our room was amazing the staff look after me and my family brilliantly everything I ask for nothing to much trouble the bar staff at the pool and the waiters thank you they couldn't do enough for my family if u got children bring them here they will love it the restaurants at the westin can't fault yet again service food excellent westin deliver for the third time will be backed for a fourth time big thank you to everyone at the westin

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Martin P
MSeyahi, General Manager at The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Dear Martin P,

thank you for sharing your great feedback about your recent stay with us.

We are already looking forward to welcoming you back for your fourth visit!

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Friendly staff, will go the extra mile to help, great food and sunny beach, restaurants have wonderful service and a whole lot of smiles from the staff, location is surrounded by many entertainment venues if you wish to go out, and the marina walk is right across the corner.

Room Tip: Rooms are all good to be very honest
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank spectra7
Dear spectra7,

thank you for your feedback about your recent stay with us earlier last month.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience during your time in the Resort and I am looking forward to welcoming you for a future visit.

Daly City, California
Reviewed November 1, 2012

The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina is a great place to
stay for first timers to Dubai. The property is beach front, with many of the ammenities typical to the Westin Brand. The staff on hand is fabulous.
The restaurant, served some of the best cusine I had in Dubai. They have an international buffet with many favorites to choose from. There are multiple pools, which are highly needed for during high temperatures The room by far was excellent. It was beyond comfortable. There were seperate showers and bath tubs which makes the room experience even better. The bar on hand was great.
The Romanian manager, I forgot his name went beyond the duty to get me a golf cart to the Le Meridian hotel, because it was that hot to walk. I would love to go back. I recommend it for travelers to Dubai.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank travelking1977
Dear travelking1977,

thank you for taking the time to post your feedback about your stay with us earlier in August.

I am delighted to hear that our pool and beach facilities offered fefreshing moments during the summer heat of August.

It seems that you also enjoyed our Westin Heavenly Bed and our bathrooms and I am delighted to hear the same.

I hope that we will be able to welcome you back on your next visit to Dubai, maybe during a cooler time of the year.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed October 30, 2012

This was a decent hotel and pleasant stay.
My expectations were pretty low to be fair - I wanted to go back to Al Qasr - but couldn't get a room for self and family.
Check in lowered my expectations further - standing around for ages with 3 bored small children - while nothing seemed to be moving at reception. (When you check in at Al Qasr you are shown to a seat and offered refreshments & a towel - while the check in staff do the needful).

Anyhow - eventualy we were checked in by what appeared to be the check in manager, and he sensed our discomfort. Without saying anything he upgraded our club room to a suite - and apologised for the delay. Later in the stay he actively sought us out in the lobby to check that we were happy.

I think this saved our whole experience to be fair.

The rest of the visit was good. As we had paid for club level rooms - we had free dinks and snacks throughout. This was great for the children, and a much more pleasant place for us all to eat breakfast, than the cavernous main dining room.

The pool and staff overall were good - attentive lifeguards, although you do have to find your own way with towels and sunloungers.

Would I return to this hotel? Probably not to be honest. It is expensive, and when I pay that level of premium my expectations are very high.
Comparing with something like a Hilton or Marriott - this is streets ahead, but it is in the big league for price - and falls short.

Room Tip: Definitely worth paying extra for club level. The "snacks" are more like an all day buffet...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Time3200
Dear Time3200,

thank you for giving us your feedback about your stay with us earlier in August.

It is good to hear that you generally enjoyed our facilities and your Suite, and that you enjoyed our Executive Club Facilities. I also believe that you felt safe with our lifeguards around the pool and beach areas.

Please rest assured that all our guest comments are very important to us as this is the only way that we can continue to improve our services to our guests.

Port d'Andratx, Spain
Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

I had previously stayed in the Westin last December and fell in love with it, so we decided its the perfect hotel for our honeymoon and we weren't disappointed!
We had a hotel car pick us up from the airport again, which I commend to anyone! Driver was very friendly and helpful and there's plenty of refreshing water waiting for you in the car.
Upon arrival our room wasn't ready so we were given a voucher for breakfast and straight after, our room was ready. Check in was very fast and easy and reception staff is very friendly.
Our room was amazing as always, very clean and they even had a little cake for us with a bottle of bubbly and rose petals everywhere which was a lovely touch!
Sme of the staff recognized me, like Vimal Kumar from breakfast, he is truly a great person, so friendly and I hope the hotel knows what a great person they have working for them, obviously all the other staff is amazing too. All the staff at the pool that had to work in the incredible heat did an amazing job and so did everyone else. If you want friendly staff ,this is the place to go.
We had booked half board again, breakfast is absolutely amazing with s many different things to choose from and lunch/ dinner are also great. I highly recommend the lobster BBQ, and all though we didn't attend it, the Bubbalicious brunch looked great, just a little too busy for my taste. Also after the brunch the locals like to stay around the hotel so it can get quite loud and a few drunk people walking about, but just either go out that day or stay at the beach you will hardly notice.
I also recommend the Oeno wine bar, again excellent staff and manager and great drinks, we also loved the live music that was on almost every night, they were amazing and I hope they stay in the hotel!
There's also a lot of stores around the hotel for all necessities , which is great. I def recommend a trip to the Aprons and Hammers restaurant on the wooden boat outside the hotel, the dress code is very laid back, and your fine with flip flops and shorts, even though we were told otherwise and looked a little out of place. There's so much more I could write , but just to sum it all up, the hotel is truly amazing and worth every penny , great location, great staff all around!
We will most definitely be returning soon!

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TanjaParkinson
Dear tanjakrucker,

thank you for your comments about your recent second stay with us and once again congratulations on your marriage.

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your second stay as much as the first one late last year and that our associates were able to make you feel welcome and understood as this is something we strive to achieve for each of our guests.

I am happy to learn that you enjoyed our restaurant offerings, inlcuding our weekly Lobster BBQ in Blue Orange, as well as our extensive breakfast buffett.

I hope that we will be able to welcome you back for an anniversary visit in the future!