“Superb 2nd time..”

The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina
Ranked #62 of 557 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Just spent 8nights in sea view club exec room. Last year had land view which was lovely but the sea view is stunning.
Can't praise enough the staff in the exec lounge. Really a great team of people. The breakfast choice here was superb and the afternoon tea completely delicious and of course drinks in evening all premium brands and they make wicked cocktails.
My disappointment was with the HB option which only offered blue orange for dinner, which after staying at Madinat Jumeirah where they offer over 20 resturants within their HB I got bored with it and just used it for 3 of our 8 nights!!!
Hunters is awesome and the manager and Jeff provided an outstanding level of service and they have the best steak in Dubai I think...
Would also recommend Rindala salon located within the hotel. Lita and her daughter do the best treatments and we also had the best haircut and visit each time we are in dubai. Also Lena who was great at sorting out one of my requests prior to my arrival. Great service. All in all a fab stay and hope to return early 2013....

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank missshalou
MSeyahi, General Manager at The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2012

Dear missshalou,

thank you for posting your feedback about your recent second stay with us.

I am delighted to hear that you did enjoy your Executive Club Room once again together with the facilities of the Executive Club Lounge.

I will also pass on your comments about your experience in Hunter's Room and Grill, our Steak House and I am sure that Umash and his team will enjoy hearing them.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back next year!

Reviewed October 9, 2012

We are currently here on our honeymoon and I can't find the words to say what an amazing hotel this is but will try..staff our friendly and helpful always smiling especially on the beach and in the executive lounge. Reception are helpful and always smiling and friendly.The room is spacious and clean with a lovely big balcony and the staff who have serviced the room that we have met have been lovely.On our first night I came out of the shower and there was a beautiful display of rosé petals on the bed spelling I love you..may sound corny but as I'm on honeymoon it was amazing. The service and friendliness of all staff is first class and the food is lovely. We are just checking out today but already planning a return.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank LisaNicoll29

Dear LisaNicholl29,

thank you for posting your feedback about your recent honeymoon stay with us to which I would like to congratulate once again.

I am delighted to hear that our little extra touches made your stay with us even more memorable and I hope that we will be able to welcome you back in the future, maybe for your anniversary celebrations.

Wishing you all the best for your future together!

Reviewed October 8, 2012

I, my partner (Well now fiancée after our time there!!) and Niece stayed for 12 nights at the Westin in August. Having stayed in Dubai a few times our first trip to the Westin was brilliant aside from a little incident at the start but could not complain about the service, facilities and the staff in the restaurants. But back to this visit, after being a little cautious about coming back for a second time, I can honestly say all these doubts have been put to rest. And need to thank the manager Varun, for his outstanding contribution and how special he made our (probably myself more!!) Holiday, truly a time we can look back on with the most brilliant memories to date! From being upgraded to a suite on arrival and the hotels most beautiful touches, and general communication with my partner after emailing them to assist him in helping propose, the extra 100 miles was gone too. Beautiful flowers arranged by the house staff were brought to our room as it was my grandmothers birthday who had passed away earlier in the year and I wanted to do something special with having my niece away with us and being away from the rest of the family back home at such a time. The flowers were arranged on trays which we put out to sea, very special and again thank you so much once again. I really cannot begin to thank this hotel enough it was actually very overwhelming the lengths the hotel went to arranged by Varun himself, even with rose petals arranged after "the proposal!" leading from the doorway right through to the bedroom and all-round the bath! Oh and not forgetting chocolates delivered to the room! OUTSTANDING!!! And cannot wait to come back again, the service FAULTLESS, so warm, kind and considerate. And needless to say every other aspect of the holiday was on par. Thank you profoundly again and look forward to seeing you in the very near future! Oh and another thank you and special mention to Amila one of the lifeguards, he was so good with our neice always showing her starfish and jellyfish as she was petrified of them! He was an absolute pleasure to talk to even remembering us from our first visit, the staff here really are lovely!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank shivon1000
MSeyahi, General Manager at The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Dear shivon1000,

firstly I would like to wish you congratulations on your engagement and I am delighted to hear that after your initial concerns of returning to The Westin we were able to show you our true hospitality throughout the Resort.

It is great to see that not only you but also your niece had a good time while being here and that you have enjoyed our weekly Bubbalicious Brunch with its acrobats and petting zoo.

I hope that we will be able to welcome you back, maybe for your honeymoon, in the future!

Reviewed October 5, 2012

I just wrapped up a week-long business trip to the Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi. I spent every day in Dubai Internet City, which is very close to the Westin.

The room worked great for me, with a phenominal breakfast buffet every morning - American-style meat & eggs & pastries, sure, but also so much more - Meditteranean, Middle Eastern, and Indian, and a great juice bar. Nice pools for relaxing in, the warmest sea water I've evern been in, and courteous and helpful front desk and concierge staff. The beach is totally protected by the Palm Jumeirah and the marina, so swimming and kayaking is super safe, but don't expect any waves beyond motor boat wakes. They had a nice recommendation for a running route along the beach and marina, but boy was it hot - even starting before 6:00 AM was surprinsingly uncomfortable :-) One minor downside of the pool and beach was that they were surprisingly strict about lifeguards and their open times weren't as flexible as I'm used to - I basically wasn't able to swim after my jet-lag-adjust day becuase I had to leave for work before they opened most of the pools and the beach and everything was closed down by the time we got back from work.

My group used a private driver from the hotel for some of the time, and getting a regular taxi was very easy too. With a big freeway running through the entire city, it was easy to get to the older part of the city by the creek, the Dubai Mall area (with the Burj Khalifa), and the Mall of the Emirates area (with the indoor ski slope). The Dubai airport was top-notch, and everyone I interacted with, throughout the entire trip, spoke English.

One final nice touch of the hotel was free water bottles in the room, at the front desk, and at the buffet - not a big deal considering the overall expense, but in such a hot environment, it's nice they just do it without nickel-and-diming you.

Room Tip: My company paid for it, so I didn't have much choice, and I was on the first floor. I did get a...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank EricSchreiber

Dear EricSchreiber,

thank you for taking the time to give us your detailed feedback about your recent stay with us.

It is good to hear that even though you seem to have been on a business trip you found some time to enjoy our facilites. I am sorry that our pool and beach timings did not always suit your schedule and we will certainly consider this in our future plans.

I hope that we will be able to welcome you back in the future for another productive visit!

Reviewed October 5, 2012

We stayed for 11 nights from 22nd September 2012 to 3rd October 2012. We stayed in an executive club room and decided to upgrade to a sea view when we arrived. Room was lovely and comfortable. Shower was powerful. All very clean. Free magazines a nice touch. Had a lovely view from our balcony on the fourth floor. Couldn't fault a thing. We ate 5 star every night in the Blue Orange restaurant. We took advantage of having breakfast and afternoon tea often in the Executive Club Lounge which was lovely. I cant say if it was worth the extra as we were never quoted for a room without this so we're not sure how much extra this was. Just one thing to say to them though, are you able to change the CD of Micael Buble in the Executive Club Lounge as 11 days of it was a bit much? :-) Apart from that, would recommend for families, couples or business. Fantastic all round and nice location. Excellent service, you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Executive Club room means you can enjoy free soft drinks, afternoon tea and breakfast in a quieter l...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DonnaP24

Dear DonnaP4,

thank you for your feedback on your very recent stay with us in one of our Executive Club Rooms.

It is great to read that you enjoyed your time in the Resort and that our All Day Dining Restaurant Blue Orange catered to your tastes throughout your stay.

Thank you also for your comment on the music which is currently being changed to play a selection of songs.

I hope we will be able to welcome you back in the future!

Reviewed October 4, 2012

Lovely hotel, wicked pool area for children, some fantastic staff!!
But.... On a few occasion was let down, 1) 3 days out of 7 days, during breakfast had to wait at least 15 min for our morning tea/ juice, even thou when they sat us to the table they asked us what drinks we would like, still never received it until askin another waiter, then about 5 min later we recieve our drinks! Totalling about 15-20 min
2) was waiting for taxi durin the busy period, we was in no rush to go, a Lexus pulled up, n the bell boy goes - this is same as dubai taxi- on a 30 dhs trip it cost us 105 dhs!!! Nearly triple!!! So do avoid Lexus taxi as they are private and very expensive!
3) asked to go mac Donald, but the taxi driver took us to JBR, as he didn't know where there was a mc d!! So thought we cud try something else!!
4) breakfast was lovely- but dinner was 178 dhs for a buffet! But was not a lot of variety and same food every day! No change!!
Other than that a nice hotel to stay at only a taxi ride away from local places!!

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We booked two executive sea view inter-connecting rooms. Plently of room for us, and great views from the balconies. Breakfast at the club was a treat every morning. Very nice beach and swimming pools. The only complaint for us was that as of 1 October, families with children are not allowed in the club for cocktail hour - you are intead supposed to have drinks and canapes in the Blue Orange restaurant. I hope the hotel management reconsiders this policy in the future. Otherwise, a wonderful hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Joe P

Dear Joe P,

thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us in one of our Executive Club Rooms together with your family.

I am delighted to hear that you were able to enjoy our various facilities through the Resort, such as the beach and swimming pools.

During the winter months we offer families with children two options for the evening Happy Hour of the Executive Club which is Blue Orange Restaurant as well as Bussola Terrace, which is very nice outside location for a refreshment at Sundown.

I hope that we will be able to welcome you back in the near future together with your family!