“Far exceeded expectations!”

The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina
Ranked #59 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Obviously I was expecting a nice hotel but this place is simply amazing. This is a true 5 star hotel and every element of our stay reflected this. My wife and I stayed for 6 nights and were able to take advantage of the off season discount rate on the Executive package, which is well worth the difference from the standard room.

- Service, as the other posts indicate service is unbelievable. Every single person we encountered was pleasant, always a smile and eager to assist in anyway. No request was too much trouble. They were actually happy to be able to help us.
- Rooms, huge, clean and very comfortable, amazing bed. The house keepers actually made up our room twice a day.
- Food, again 5 star quality with a wide selection at every buffet meal. As mentioned above superior service at restaurants.
- Hotel itself, New, clean, and the highest quality materials used to build the place. No detail is overlooked and no expense spared in design and finishing touches.
- Pool, 3 pools that were fantastic. They actually keep the water cool so the hot weather doesn't affect the temperature, very refreshing.

I promise you will not be disappointed and in fact will be very happy you stayed here. We will be back again.

Thanks Westin and your wonderful staff.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tigerbox
MSeyahi, General Manager at The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2012

Dear tigerbox,

thank you for taking the time to post your greet feedback about your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations and it seems that our asscociates were an intergral part of that experience, which is always something that we aim for.

We hope to welcome you back in the future for another visit to Dubai!

Stewart Selbie

Write a ReviewReviews (3,136)

Reviewed August 2, 2012

We booked an executive oceanview room for our week long stay at this resort. The room was wonderful and the view of the Gulf was amazing. The beds were very confortable and the in-room coffee maker was top notch.
The room we booked gave us access to the Executive Lounge for breakfast, drinks, tea, cocktails, etc. We had a choice to either have breakfast at the Lounge or in the Blue Orange Buffet... either choice was great!
The pools and beach were fantastic, my grandsons, ages 4 & 10 had a great time.
But the most amazing thing about this hotel is it's staff - from the front desk to the pool attendants they were very attentive and took care of our needs before we could ask for anything.
Upon arrival the children were greeted with Westin Kid's Club backpacks full of fun stuff including a disposable camera. They loved it and the backpacks made a wonderful and useful souvenier of their trip.
We had lost our luggage and the concierge dealt with the whole mess and delivered our bags to our room as they arrived.
The lifeguards at the pool, and there were many of them, were very attentive to the children. They made sure that the kids had a great time and made it down the waterslide safely.
The ladies at the Executive Lounge were all very helpful. They helped with the computers, child care arrangements (Nannies), airport transfers, and answered any questions we had.
We usually stay at the Hilton Jumeirah Beach, another great place, when we are in Dubai, but I'm glad we tried the Westin this trip. We will definitely be back there next time we're in town.

Room Tip: The Executive rooms are good value because they include a lavish breakfast, all day drinks, afternoo...
1  Thank Portia123Hawaii
MSeyahi, General Manager at The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2012

Dear Portia123Hawaii,

thank you for taking the time to post your feedback about your recent stay with us together with your grandchildren.

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your time in our Resort, as well as our Westin Heavenly Beds.

It is the greatest honour to read that our associates attended to your requirements and made you feel welcome and looked after as this is something that we strive for every time we welcome a guest in our hotel. Rest assured that I will share your comments with all of them.

I hope to welcome you back in the near future for another relaxing stay.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

This was our first trip to dubai and I have to say it was amazing. The hotel was fabulous rooms massive fantastic bathrooms, sea view across to the Atlantis, the sea i have to say was just like sitting in a bath, The staff could not do enough for you, it was my husbands birthday on arrival as we checked in the lady on reception noticed it was and later that day there was a knock on the door and one of the staff had got a birthday cake for my husband, how nice. We had a jeep safari into the desert which was fun we must have had the craziest driver lol. As i work in travel i did e mail the Burj Al Arab the 7* hotel for a visit that was absolutely amazing white rolls royces out sided, fantastic restaurant with a big aquarium inside. Need to win the lottery to stay there. I will definately be going back to Dubai and this hotel in the near future.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
MSeyahi, General Manager at The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

Dear Sandra and Wayne,

thank you for posting your great feedback about your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to hear that our team made your stay special and personal as this is something that we aim for with every guest that is staying with us. Please rest assured that I will share your comments with the team.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed July 31, 2012

The Westin is one of the newest Hotels on Jumierah... so expect clean and tidy. Grand entrance. Everything you'd expect from a 5 star. We have travelled to Dubai 3 times now and stayed here twice....but as you do when visiting Dubai we have visited a lot of the other hotels... as all bars and restaurantes in Dubai are based in the hotels.

Would strongly recommend you upgrading to the Exec Club room if you want a more peaceful stay as you get to use the exec club room for breakfast, afternoon tea and drinks, which is a isolated Exec club guests only room with good views of the palm. The Blue Orange where Breakfast and Diner Buffest is served is great but can be a lot of people if you wishing to spend some quality time with other half. Onsite steakhouse and Thai is great... Bussola the Italian you will be told is award winning and the food is good there too def recommend all three!

Be aware that fridays is Bubbalicious... the Westin's Brunch with bottomless glasses of champagne included in the price... this Brunch takes over most of the ground floor, but is a great event for socialising and watching the ex-pats of Dubai doing what they do... but its not such a quiet for hours...

Next door you have the sister hotel of the Meridien Mina Seyahi... so you get to use their facilities too including Barasti bar and night club which is down on the beach...and is famous throughout Dubai as a night spot. But don't worry if this isn't your thing its far enough away from your hotel room to not be a problem.

Room are well appointed...though of a generic feel if I had to be honest, no real culture to it, but always spotless clean and the servicing staff are always polite and give you extra chocolates and water if you ask!

Pool is great...adults section has a bar...plenty of beach if you want it and the service down there isn't too bad. Water warm and blue... Pool nice and cool if temps sore above 40c.

Westin is very easy access (10min in cab) to Mall fo Emirates and about 20mins to Mall of Dubai. Its also about 10mins away from Midinat souk and the Burj Al Arab. Also 5 min cab ride from Dubai Marian and the Jumierah Beach Residence/Walk (the JBR) where theres losts of street shops and more normal restaurantes and fast food should you need. So ideally located.... Not too far from airport either prob around 20mins or so depending on traffic.

Yes there are better hotels with more impecable service in Dubai...but you'd probably have to stay in a few to find them especially for this sort of money. But I don't think anyone will be disappointed by the Westin, it ticks all boxes well...hence why we have been back. There are probably only 2 or 3 hotels i'd even consider changing to in Dubai, which sounds a lot but when you consider how many there are, its actually quite a compliment....location is key.

If you go during the hot season you usually get Dinner thrown in for the price...which turns Dubai in to far better value.

Room Tip: Def suggest upgrading to Exec Club room
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cheify

Dear Cheify,

thank you for taking the time to post your great feedback about your recent second stay with us.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our Executive Club Rooms and our pool and beach facilites as well as our various Restaurant offerings. It seems that you have enjoyed our adult only area at the pool as well as Barasti Bar.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back for a third time with us in the near future!

Reviewed July 28, 2012

We have just spent 3 nights (22,23,24th July) at this wonderful hotel. We had 2 rooms on the 4th floor overlooking the pool and ocean. Views were spectacular, staff wonderful, pools amazing and all in all a highly recommended hotel. Can't wait to return but for longer next time. The rooms were so large and very comfortable and spotlessly clean. Room service and pool side food amazing. A taxi ride any where we needed to go, so location great.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
MSeyahi, General Manager at The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2012

Dear karen060862,

thank you for your great feedback on your very recent stay with us and I am happy to hear that we made on your list of favourite hotels.

It is great to hear that you have enjoyed our Rooms and our other facilities such as the pool and our restaurants.

We are looking forward to welcoming you in the near future for a longer stay!

With best regards,

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Returning from my 13 days -> 8th -> 21st July 2012, I would like to share my review regarding this surprising Hotel: The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina.

During my past years, I’ve travelled in many places around the world. I know the UAE very well and almost each Emirate… and hotels -) On holiday I’m always seeking for: new experience, value for my pocket, including top food, good desserts and a lot of leisure… my rate is at least looking for the BEST, cause we are in Dubai!!!!

Having just left the mind blowing Atlantis The Palm (8 nights) I directly went to this unknown hotel… It was for me the first time… and was way beyond my expectations...

I’m not going to explain, each point but… sincerely, I really enjoyed the whole area, beautifully done... unforgettable atmosphere. The minimalistic beige architecture & design of the resort deserve compliments for sure.

At the reception, fast check-in: they have high qualified staffs like Atif ALjasmi (Manager) with his assistance & attitude; he definitely improved our stay in a positive manner. Daily he came to share his greetings, smile and if everything was okay. Whatever we could ask: it was always done right away! Thank you Mr. Atif ALjasmi!

The room is well perfumed, always top clean. We stayed at the ground level with direct pool access. The safeguards surrounding the pools are always smiling; polite and very Pro even at 50° degrees (in Dubai summer is too hot!). When you dialog with them; they always have an eye towards children & guests. Guards like Amila Silva, Nuwan & other colleagues, deserve all my best gratitude, I cannot forget them, they’ve watch, have fun with my daughter (aged 5) all the time and they surely change my stay into a memorable holiday!

The plus of the hotel is the Atrium zone (main floor), while listening to live piano: themes like 1492 from Vangelis, the last of the Mohicans... Staffs like Priti Meshram & Janu are all the time top notch, very qualified & make you easily comfortable. At the Atrium you can order sandwiches, pastries, beverages… I think, I’ve tried almost all the desserts range and truly, it deserves easily a 5 Stars! Here we ain’t talking about cafeteria food, deep-frozen stuff... it’s another level: World Class Level.

I even tried their Pizza -> Margarita, what’s more difficult for a Chief to make a stupid pizza with tomato and extra cheese? Frankly a must do: try their Margarita Pizza, absolutely fantastic: the paste melting in your mouth, fresh tomato & ingredients… personally the best Pizza I’ve ordered in Dubai!

The bottom of this hotel is clearly the food range; the 5 star also goes for The Bleu Orange Restaurant: Coming from a capital (Brussels) where food, meals & dinner are first-rate, per experience: you wouldn’t find here in the Middle East the same equal regarding: food, fresh breads, pastries or culinary plates … even at Dubai...

But a The Blue Orange, it was a slap on my face!

Great service! Great atmosphere & lovely setting with chefs checking if everything is at least perfect. Everything was excellent! Plenty different perfumes; meats, vegetables cooked to perfection, lamb & lobster melting in the mouth! Crazy, every day, it’s another buffet! Even the buffet at noon it’s never the same at night (dinner). A few hotels in the world can afford this level of perfection!

One thing I would suggest, the desserts, they are made by the Executive French Pastry Chief "Fabrice Cardelec" and they are absolutely unbelievable!

Yes, irrefutably well designed and melting in your mouth! Ask for the red Cheese Cake (in the Atrium) it’s an extraordinary moment too! Chief Fabrice and his team understand how to treat flavors like the chocolate or the mango: as an ingredient and also as a World Class dessert !

Surprisingly they didn’t forget the big amateurs of French bread and Viennoiseries! They also have a nice & perfect selection of cheeses properly served and described.

What More Can You Ask For?

All round World Class Meal! First-rate value for money!

In conclusion: Excellent hotel... Probably for this hotel my review sounds like an advert but I'm really impressed for the high quality in most all services. Unforgettable sunshine (at the pool), wonderful breakfast (real French, tasty fresh pancakes, oh my god!) and daily remarkable buffet!

Really one of the best hotels I have tried in my whole life.

The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina is an extraordinary great place to stay & certainly to discover once in your life.

3  Thank Najib H

Dear najib h,

thank you very much for your detailed and great feedback about your recent stay with us.

I am particularly delighted to hear that you not only enjoyed our rooms and the restaurants, but especially that our great team of associates was able to make you feel welcome and valued throughout your stay, as it is them that created this experience for you.

Please rest assured that we are sharing all your comments with our Team and I hope to welcome you back to the Resort in the near future for another fantastic experience.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

We stayed here in June for 3 nights and it was a very enjoyable stay. Beds are 100% heavenly and if I had the money I would buy one!
We especially enjoyed the Bullfrog cocktails at the swim up pool bar although limit yourself to 2 of these (I had 3 and regretted it!). The grounds are spacious so although the hotel was busy we had no problems finding sun loungers etc.
We had breakfast at the Blue Orange which was always busy but the staff coped remarkably well given the amount of people they serviced. Overall we enjoyed our stay and would return.

Room Tip: ask for room 323 which has the biggest balcony
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Arabiasup,

thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your stay with us last month.

It is great to see that you enjoyed our Heavenly Beds and our restaurant offerings throughout the Resort. Please rest assured that I will share your comments with our Food & Beverage Teams well.

We hope to welcome you back in the future for another restful stay in our heavenly Beds.