We stayed at the Mina Seyahi for 7 nights at the beginning of April. We arrived in the early hours and were given a refreshing drink and quickly checked into our rooms. We had 2 adjoining rooms on floor 4 and it was a great arrangement as you could shut the outer door and leave the inner doors of the 2 rooms propped open if needed. The rooms were very spacious, spotlessly clean and well appointed.
We were staying on full board basis, but took meals in all of the restaurants. We mainly used the Blue Orange which was spacious, cool, good service and had a huge range of food all of an excellent quality. Breakfast was varied each day so we didn't get bored, there was always something new to try. The chefs here are very talented and everything we ate was of an exceptional quality. Lunch and dinner was also great - lovely sushi, Indian food, noodles to order, fish, meat, chinese - you name it, it was available. The desserts also deserve a special mention as they are a work of art and a different selection each day.
We also ate in Hunters Grill, Bussola and the Spice Emporium. I couldn't fault any of the restaurants - we have eaten at Michelin star restaurants in the UK and the food quality was certainly equivalent. I think the Spice Emporium was probably our favourite.
The pool area was spacious with plenty of loungers. As Easter weekend approached, it did get a lot busier and I think we were pleased we had been there when it was a bit quieter as there were a lot of people and the loungers were all busy. On the Friday brunch day (which we didn't go to, but went to have a look) it was VERY busy in the hotel. The brunch itself looked spectacular, but we found the bouncers a bit off putting and it did transform the hotel from a family place to a bit more of a nightclub atmosphere. Certainly one for the grown ups!
If I had to mention a slight negative, the service for drinks and food around the pool area, especially at the adults only pool area was extremely slow. The 1 day I sunbathed in that area I didn't get offered a drink at any stage, and when I went to the bar to fetch my own it was a shambles and I ended up waiting, chasing and then the bill didn't arrive either. Also the drinks service in the Bussola restaurant where we had pre-dinner drinks most evenings was very slow. I think both of these areas looked understaffed as everyone was certainly busy.
I used the gym most days and it was fine, but a bit small and not enough treadmills. One was out of order, which didn't help. I would recommend going first thing in the morning as it was deserted. That is if you can get out of your bed - they are very comfy!
All in all, a great holiday and we would definitely return as a couple or a family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Occupying a prime location on Jumeirah Beach, the Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi is a 5-star beach resort. It features spectacular 5 resort pools, a 1,200 m private beach, luxurious rooms and 8 restaurants. Panoramic views over the Arabian Gulf and the Palm Jumeirah can be enjoyed from most rooms and parts of the Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort. Rooms and suites include free Wi-Fi, a Nespresso machine, spacious seating area, and a marble bathroom with luxury bath amenities. Modern and classical design with high ceilings and grand mirrors are also featured in each unit. Guests can relax at the Heavenly Spa by Westin. There are also tennis courts, a fitness centre, and a water sports centre. At the Westin Mina Seyahi children can enjoy a kids pool, daily beach games, kids club and a Wild Wadi Waterpark nearby. Steakhouse, Thai and Italian cuisine are just some of the choices on offer, served formally or informally. Spanish, Asian and international dishes can also be savoured at the resort. Special menus for children are served in the restaurants. Westin Dubai is 5 minutes by car from Jumeirah Beach Walk and 20 minutes away from Burj Khalifa and Dubai Mall. Mina Seyahi is a great choice for travellers interested in beaches, family holiday, relaxation and food. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina Hotel Dubai
- Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort And Marina
- Dubai Westin