We stayed here on a 4 night trip coming back from Thailand. What a great hotel. We were upgraded to an Executive room on the 8th floor, which has quite frankly an incredible amount of real estate and facilities. Two large double beds, a couple of chairs and a table, a very large flat screen TV, DVD player, nespresso machine, a well stocked minibar, dressing area and a bathroom with separate bath, shower and toilet. I've stayed in hotels which the bathroom size alone comprised the room.
The linen was a lovely and the room itself spotless, it came with free wifi although that isn't the case with all rooms. Why do hotels charge for wifi? Its just money grabbing, the rate of the room per night means that they needn't worry about the tiny cost of internet access.
The aircon, as you'd expect, was excellent and all controlled from a single keypad at the bedside. The service to the room was first class. We had a problem with the internet and coffee machine on the first day and no sooner had I put the phone down than a man was there to sort the problem out.
The hotel and facilities were great the pool(s) sorted us all out, a small 3 year old loved the kiddies pool, covered in shade all day, I loved the lap pool and there was a lazy swim to the pool bar pool that rounded things off nicely. The pool area service was great, lovely mojitos, and ice cold beer, delivered to your lounger.
The location was a little surreal in that it was surrounded by skyscrapers, but amazing nevertheless. And at the end of the day its what Dubai is all about. There was a metro station nearby and walkable but in July do remember the heat.
I used the gym which was first class, all the equipment looked brand new and the staff were very helpful. The changing facilities at the gym were excellent too.
Having kid with us was quite limiting on the restaurant front as we ate early every night in the Blue Orange Restaurant which was very very good for the style of food be served. The staff both cooking and serving were more friendly than I've encountere before. Bobby & Ayon on the pasta were firm favourites of my daughter. If you get a chance and you see the Head Chef, Fabrice he makes a one mean crepe. Riyon on the serving side was very helpful, although that is not to say the others weren't very attentive.
The hotel had a few more restaurants and bars that looked great although I wasn't able to experience them first had. The menu for the Hunters Grill looked pretty good though.
It has to be said that July is very hot in Dubai which explains the great rate that we got, an average of 47C is hotter than I've ever experienced, but by the pool it didn't seem quite so unbearable and it wouldn't put me off going again at that time. Most of the sight seeing we did had the benefit of aircon so the Burj Khalifa, Ski Dubai etc weren't a problem. The wander around the Souks in the old town wasn't quite so easy though, but all bearable.
One tip is make sure you have a map and some knowledge of where you are going. The taxi's weren't the best. The first ride we took to the Dubai Mall the guy tried to charge us double the meter after taking us into the car park and claiming that he needed extra for the car parking fees, an interesting conversation ensued. The second guy then didn't know where the Gold souk was. Although the fares aren't silly money in any event.
All in all I would recommend the hotel and Dubai itself for that matter.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Occupying a prime location on Jumeirah Beach, the Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi is a 5-star beach resort. It features spectacular 5 resort pools, a 1,200 m private beach, luxurious rooms and 8 restaurants. Panoramic views over the Arabian Gulf and the Palm Jumeirah can be enjoyed from most rooms and parts of the Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort. Rooms and suites include free Wi-Fi, a Nespresso machine, spacious seating area, and a marble bathroom with luxury bath amenities. Modern and classical design with high ceilings and grand mirrors are also featured in each unit. Guests can relax at the Heavenly Spa by Westin. There are also tennis courts, a fitness centre, and a water sports centre. At the Westin Mina Seyahi children can enjoy a kids pool, daily beach games, kids club and a Wild Wadi Waterpark nearby. Steakhouse, Thai and Italian cuisine are just some of the choices on offer, served formally or informally. Spanish, Asian and international dishes can also be savoured at the resort. Special menus for children are served in the restaurants. Westin Dubai is 5 minutes by car from Jumeirah Beach Walk and 20 minutes away from Burj Khalifa and Dubai Mall. Mina Seyahi is a great choice for travellers interested in beaches, family holiday, relaxation and food. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort And Marina
- Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina Hotel Dubai
- Dubai Westin