“Atmospheric hotel in handy location”
Review of Abbasi Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Esfahan
Abbasi Hotel
Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Esfahan
Reviewed December 16, 2012

If you want modern, it's not for you, rather a step back in time. With elegant and spacious rooms, an amazing courtyard garden, where you can wander among the fountains and mingle with the locals at the famous tea house. By international standards, the prices are more than reasonable. About $100 US per night. Breakfast is generous with an impressive array of food. The wi fi is great and accessible throughout the grounds. It's also close to all the attractions and easy stroll both to Imam square and the 3 arch bridge. My only criticism is the overheating of the rooms. Such a waste of fuel. Also perhaps Kenny Gee piped music.

Room Tip: Chose a room over the courtyard garden
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank misspopeye

Reviewed December 14, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one night.
There was the same problem as at Enghelab Hotel in Tehran stayed after Abbasi Hotel. It's the problem in toilet. When flushing the toilet, the water stream is too weak to flow filth. When I went out for sightseeing, I asked the hotel bed-making people stationed in front of my room and also peception people to repair toilet before I come back to the room. I visited Meydan-e Emam (Emam square). Actually, when I came back, filth was flowed away, but water flow was still weak as same as before. I couldn't use toilet in my room anymore. Basically there is a big problem in toilet in Iran. All toilet should be replaced by Japan made "TOTO"/"INAX".
There was another small problem. My room No. was 425, but button of 4 in elevator was unvalid (didn't work). 4 is just used exclusively to a certain company. We had to press 3 for 4 hundred number rooms. It's confusing and should be improved.
This may be only my problem, but there were no Western restaurant in the hotel. Then I asked if there was an Italian restaurant near the hotel. The answer was "Yes" and I took spaghetti there.
This is not the problem of the hotel. but it was a patience not to drink beer in Iran.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Abbasi was by far the best hotel we stayed at in Iran and is high up my list of hotels world wide. From the the website I was expecting dusty, faded glory, but it was in fact extremely well maintained inside and out. We paid for a garden view "Pardis" room which was definitely the right choice. Don't even contemplate street view rooms, and in my opinion, having seen the lower grade of garden view room, Pardis rooms are definitely worth the surcharge for their larger size and more impressive and decorative decor.

The location is a 10 minute walk to Naqsh-e Jahan (aka Iman Square) and its attractions. Bridges are also nearby, but sadly when we visited the river was dry and all the tea houses had been forced to shut up shop.

Breakfast was generous and had by far the most variety of any breakfast buffet we encountered in two weeks in Iran. We didn't eat in the restaurant for dinner, but di have room service one night which was some of the best food we enountered on our trip, but not cheap by local standards.

We used the pool/jacuzzi/sauna each night to warm up and relax after being out in the cold autumn weather all day. The facilities were very good, but it was a bit of a surprise to discover at checkout that each visit tallied a IRS90,000 (USD3) to our room bill.

Finally, unfortuntely my checkout experience marred what had been an otherwise perfect stay. I was initially just presented with a figure for the balance owing and had to ask for an itemised bill in English (to discover the pool charges). After handing over a wad or rials, the cashier proceeded to carry on with a phone conversation and chatting to another guest, not showing much inclination to give me my change - albeit only around 20k rials (USD1). But when stung with a 15% service charge on everything in the hotel and faced with appalling rudeness, I have no inclination to tip a cashier!. Finally when he saw that I wasn't budging he proceeded to laboriously count out my change in coins and the most ragged small notes he could find.

Such a shame that one unpleasant member of staff could leave a sour final impression of an otherwise excellent stay in a truly beautiful, classic hotel when the majority of his colleagues excelled in providing gracious service and hospitality.

Room Tip: Definitely pay extra for a Pardis room.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank SydneyStephen
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a night to remember in room 201, with my family and I tell you, I was astonished by the quality of the rooms, Restaurants with in it, service provided and everything else one would expect of a 5 start hotel.

The silver service and food in the main restaurant is second to none and quality was excellent. The Garden were immaculate and beautiful, Rooms were very clean and as expected.

One constructive Criticism is that, when checking out, we were delayed un-necessarily and I had to ask what was the wait to check out. I paid the extra payment for room fridge items we used, so I guess this was the issue. But you must be more efficient to not hold people up and do your work behind the scene.

I will most certainly return to this hotel and location is also fabulously situated to visit the city beautifully.

Well-done Iran - Esfahan for making our stay a memorable one.

Room Tip: I asked for the best room in the hotel as was travelling with family, from tehran and after the rese...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Clamo11
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Abbasi hotel is the best in Esfahan. Very comfortable, clean and othantic. they have a huge and beautifull garden. the breakfast was the best in Iran hotels which we stayed. No need to look for another hotel if you visit Esfahan. Enjoy!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Without a doubt, the Abbasi was the best of the five hotels we stayed in while in Iran. It is a classic "old" hotel that has been extensively modernized, and a recent Annex included. The rooms in the original building are quiet large. The ones in the Annex are smaller, but still comfortable and adequate.

The hotel has a number of eating facilities, both indoors and in the gardens outside. We tried two and both were excellent. Breakfast was very extensive and the best we had in any of the hotels we used in Iran.

The hotel provides free WiFi to guests. While available throughout the hotel, the connectivity is not that reliable and is rather slow. There are stand-alone PCs available for a fee.

The staff was very helpful and very proficient in English.

A very nice public garden is directly behind the hotel. Both tourist and commercial establishments are within walking distance.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bd2016db
Reviewed October 22, 2012

This hotel is a combination of beauty, service, trained and super nice staff, great food, cleanliness, and more. I just can’t say enough. If you can afford it then it is a must place to stay, even if you are not staying overnight try to visit its outdoor restaurant and sit in its gorgeous garden for a good food or just a cup of tea. We stayed there and what I was the most impressed about was that the owner/s have kept the old traditions style of the rooms the same but have complemented it with a level of service fit for a 5-star hotel. A note to the hotel’s Receptionists, Good Job 

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ramin444

Been to Abbasi Hotel? Share your experiences!