“a real treasure”

$95.00*
Anjar, Baalbek and Ksara Day Trip from Beirut
$97.33*
and up
Day Tour: Ksara Winery, Lady of Zahle Monastery, Baalbek Castle and Taanayel...
$48.88*
Private Tour: Anjar, Baalbek and Ksara Day Trip from Beirut
Ranked #1 of 9 things to do in Zahle
More attraction details
Owner description: Chateau Ksara, the country's oldest winery, founded in 1857 by Jesuit Fathers. In August 1973, sold to a consortium of Lebanese businessmen Chateau Ksara's motto is "Modernity in Tradition". It is an idea that captures perfectly our position as Lebanon's oldest winery and the pioneering spirit that has kept Chateau Ksara at the forefront of Lebanon's wine industry, for over 156 years. Today's wine drinkers are both informed and discerning, and therefore we are committed to producing quality wines - varietals and blends made from our 25 local and international varieties - that will satisfy all palates and suit all occasions. Not only are our wines made to the most exacting standards with state of the art equipment, they also reflect the terroir of the Lebanon's historic Bekaa Valley, an area that has been making wine for over 2,000 years. It is a legacy that we respect with every bottle we make. Brand values The name of Chateau Ksara has become associated with the three core values: tradition, nobility and modernity. These are emphasized through name and lineage (tradition); through a high-quality product (nobility) and the tremendous innovative advances made since 1991 (modernity). Visit one of the world's most beautiful Wine Cellars 7 days per week from 9a.m till 6 p.m
Reviewed October 22, 2012

this is a treasure in the middle of the bekaa valley, the winery is beautiful the cave is charming the only missing thing is a good restaurant... unfortunately they only serve a salad bar and some cheese and cold cuts... anyway it is worth the visit, you can always do this winery and massaya in the same day you can ejoy the beautiful ksara winery and caves and then have lunch at massaya which has a good restaurant...

There are newer reviews for Chateau Ksara

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I visited Chateau Ksara after visiting Baalbeck. You come across the place quite unexpectedly and I was looking forward to a late lunch. I had an excellent self-serve salad, a slice of cheesecake that was as light as air, and a glass of wine, all for 30,000 lira. After lunch I was taken to see a very interesting short film and then had a woman as my personal guide to take me through the caves that hold the oak barrels of wine. She allowed me to ask as many questions as I wanted to and her well-rehearsed talk softened as she saw I was really interested. It must be a difficult job trying to remain enthusiastic when you say the same things dozens of times a day, year in and year out. After the tour I was taken to the same room where I had had lunch and could taste as many wines as I wanted. I then wandered through the chateau looking at photos of the vineyards and their collection of antique wine making machinery. Their shop is well laid out and I bought two bottles of excellent chardonay which I had already tried with my lunch, plus a corkscrew, all for USD15. It was a very pleasant way to spend a couple of hours and was a great help when I later went out to restaurants in Beirut, as I knew which wine to order.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

The road trip from Beirut through the mountains to the Bekaa valley was magnificent. Make sure you take the "Metn road" through Tarchich and try to avoid the "Damascus road".
Once at the winery you'll be given a tour of the old caves that the monks used to use to store wine. Later on during the visit you'll be offered 7 or 8 wines from Ksara for tasting. Make sure you try the "Cuvée du Troisième millenaire" if you like strong Cabernets. This is a world class wine in my opinion.
Personally, after having been to Ksara and Kefraya, the visit to Ksara seemed by far better. The personnel is more knowledgeable and friendly. I also liked the wine better here, mostly the Cabernet Franc that mentionned ealier.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

We had such a great time on this tour and the wine tasting was divine! Our tour guide was extremely knowledgeable and was able to answer all of our questions. She even snapped photos for us so everyone in our party could be in the picture!

Reviewed July 20, 2012

Just a quick comment to the gentleman and his wife who had a bad experience. This was one of the best experiences I have had at a winery and I've been to many in the US, notably Napa. To find a winery with this kind of a natural cave plus some of the best wine I've had was a great surprise. Especially when Ksara's most expensive wine was only US approx. $42!

In Napa, that caliber of wine would have easily been a $300 bottle.

The hostesses, the explanations, the wine tasting was a great time. The only thing I could say negative would be the buffet was a bit lacking in items.

Other than I would recommend highly.

1  Thank phyzzzy