“Mast try !”
Review of Byblos

Byblos
Ranked #5 of 479 Restaurants in Jeddah
Cuisines: Lebanese
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: If you're looking for an authentic Lebanese Restaurant, look no further. Byblos, a modern lebanese Restaurant will take you to the heart of Lebanon with each bite of its authentic Lebanese specials. The restaurant delivers on excellence through food preperation, presentation, and services. Byblos is one of the market leaders in its market segment due to its commitment to sourcing the best ingredients from Lebanon to guarantee exceptional food quality prepared by a team of expert chefs. Leylaty Group Of Restaurants
Winnipeg, Canada
“Mast try !”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Excellent Lebanese specialities, with the best ever Arabic sweets I ever had, especially the cream with honey, excellent! Of course don't leave without taking a pump of the traditional shisha, one of the best in town.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Gass1

• Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Beirut
“amazing food...the genuine taste of Beirut”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

The food is a bit overpriced, but tastes as good as it does in beirut. This restaurants is one of the best Ive been to in Jeddah. Its clean and the service is amazing

Visited December 2011
1 Thank RonySaouda
Doha, Qatar
“Great Atmosphere and welcome; disappointed with everything else.”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

ATMOSPHERE: Awesome atmosphere; very pleasant and grand at the same time. It is wonderful that there are different sections with different styles, but the transition is seamless. The best is the No Smoking section as it is reasonable distant from the smoking one; a rare thing in Jeddah (if you are lucky to find a restaurant with a no smoking section to start with). This was enforced politely when a customer insisted on ordering a water pipe in the no smoking section, but her request was rejected with a professional smile.

STAFF: This leads me to the staff, who were very friendly, welcoming and professional, if not for making the same major mistake twice in sequencing the food.

CHILD MENU: The Child menu seemed very promising until my daughter ate from it. I can't even find the words to describe how horrid, terrible, repulsive was the raw chicken we were given and we refused to allow my daughter to eat it out of concern for her health.

STARTERS: We ordered 4 starters.The starters were average except for the one I really was craving (Fried Kebbie) which was bad as it was stale with a very hard shell that made it difficult to bite. Worse, the staff brought the starters without Lebanese bread (having bread is essential with Lebanese starters). We kept asking for the bread, but it arrived after we have finished eating all our starters by spoon.

MAIN COURSE: As we were 2 adults, we ordered a Kefta Halabiyya with Rice and an Eggplant Tagine with Rice. The Tagine was the only WOW dish for the night. On the other hand, the Kefta was a very small portion (I mean it) with a very average taste. Again. We got the mans, but we did not get the rice until we have finished eating all the food with fork and knife. Worse, I have heard the same complaint about the sequencing of food from many other customers.

DESERTS: Very Average.

The BILL: With 2 Adults and a Child we ended up with a SR 425 (GBP £ 71.00 or US $ 115). However, the was a snag. Restaurants in Saudi, used to sell take away food for the menu price and add 15% Service Charge for dining in restaurant. However, the practice of adding Service Charge was prohibited by the government a while ago. Byblos tried to get around it bu re-naming Service Charge to be 'Table Opining Charge' per person. This is still illegal, but Byblos is counting on the customer not to notice. I NOTICED and asked my water about it. He apologised very sheepishly and cancelled the Charge.

OVERALL: I would go there again for a good atmosphere after I have had my real dinner at home first.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank A F
Beirut, Lebanon
“Great Lebanese restaurant in Jeddah”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Located on the Jeddah Corniche, it serves the best lebanese food in town, with a very refined service. Tasteful, clean, and nice decoration

Visited December 2011
1 Thank WissBeirut
“Best Lebanese Restaurant in town”
Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

I have been coming to Byblos for many years and it is still so good and consistent. The waiters are friendly and the food delicious. After dinner you are not far from Jeddah fountain and can go to enjoy the view!

3 Thank Londonsaudia